South Carolina

A/N - Hi, I'm still alive! Also,if you haven't already noticed, I have a Discord with FluffyKitten444 for y'all to hang out and chat. Please PRIVATE MESSAGE me your handle so I can add you! I don't want creeps getting your handle!

Alexander's POV

   John lifted my bag for me and I sighed. We're at the airport and I'm really freaked out. John squeezed my hand and I sighed. "Are you sure it's ok-"
   "Yes, baby. They're excited to meet my soulmate." John grinned.
   "Aren't they expecting a boy." John sighed and kissed me.
   "So?"
   "So what if-"
   "Don't start with the what ifs, baby. I love you and that's all that matters." John smiled, I squeezed his hand and we got in the security line. 
   "Ready, Alex?" Henry Sr. asked.
   "Not really." I chuckled nervously.
   "You've never been on an airplane?" I shook my head and John frowned. "How'd you get to America?" 
   "First of all, don't go advertising I'm not a citizen. Second, a boat, John. I told you. Remember? It caught on fire." 
   "Oh, yeah." John chuckled, I rolled my eyes and kissed him. When we got to the metal detectors we informed them that I'm disabled and Henry Sr. went first. I went second and John held me up in the detector. John got our stuff as Henry helped me hop to a chair and I put my prosthetic back on. John took James and Henry to the bathroom and Martha, Henry Sr., and I sat down at the terminal. Martha and I were chatting about a boy she likes and John scared me with a kiss. 
   "Jack!" I smacked his arm and he laughed. 
   "Hungry?"
   "Always." I grinned.
   "I'm gonna take Alex to get some Chick-Fil-A, Dad." John hummed, we entwined our fingers and set off. I love John so much. He's just so fucking amazing and I love him! We got our food and sat alone for awhile to eat. John's dad called him and told him we were boarding soon so we headed back. We got on the plane and Henry Sr. hand to sit with Mary and James and Martha sat with Henry Jr. so no one had to sit by themselves. The poor lady who sat next to me stared when John pulled my prosthetic off with the pant leg still down. I giggled and kissed him and we started taxiing to runway. I grabbed John's hand and he wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face in his shoulder as we took off and he held me gently. "It's ok, I've got you. You're safe." John assured, kissing my head and rubbing my shoulder. 

   We got in at like eleven at night and piled into a rental. John fell asleep on me and I ran my fingers through his hair. When we got there the boys got the bags and Martha helped me into the house. John, Martha, and I were taking the guest bedroom and the boys would be split between the den and the sitting room. I plopped on the bed and huffed. "Are you ok?" Martha asked.
   "Yeah...I'm fine." I smiled, I pulled my prosthetic off and John entered the room. 
   "Hey, baby." 
   "I'll take the chair." Martha hummed, gesturing to the chair in the corner. 
   "Oh, Mar-" John bit his lip and I shrugged. 
   "It's cool! It reclines. Remember?"
   "It's been a few years." John chuckled and I smirked. John and I got ready for bed in the bathroom as Martha got ready in the room. John sat me on the counter and started making out with me, I giggled. 
   "What are you doing?"
   "Loving you." John hummed, I giggled and he brushed my hair back. Martha knocked on the door and John picked me up. He carried me to the bed and Martha curled up on the chair. John and I snuggled up and he kissed me goodnight before falling asleep. 

   "John! Alex!" Someone called, I yawned and John sat up a bit. His blonde hair was covering his face and there was a bit of drool on his chin. I pushed my curls out of the way and rubbed my eyes. "Y'all!" Martha threw a pillow at us and I giggled. "Breakfast time." We stumbled out of bed and John stopped me at the door. 
   "I love you." 
   "I love you too." I giggled as he kissed me, John carried me down the stairs and sat me in a chair at the dining table. 
   "Alex, this my grandma and Papa." John introduced, gesturing to two elderly people. "They're my mother's parents." He smiled. "This is Alex." 
   "Pleasure to meet you." John's grandma smiled. "Please call me Mary." 
   "Call me Elias."
   "Nice to meet you both." I smiled. 
   "Do you mind me asking what happened to your leg?" Mary asked, I smiled and John sat in the chair next to me. 
   "Not at all. My brother and I were caught in a hurricane and I was thrown through a windshield." I smiled calmly.
   "Oh dear. That sounds awful." Mary smiled. 
   "Um...Grandma? Papa? Alex is...Alex is my soulmate." John gushed. "I'm gay."
   "Oh, I know." Mary smiled.
   "You're not very good at hiding it." Elias smirked, John chuckled dryly and I snorted. 
   "Well...shit." John bit his thumb and I smiled. "Does gram or gramps know?" He asked a little shakily. 
   "No. They still think you like that other girl. I think Martha was her name?" 
   "Oh god. Martha." John put his head on the table and I rolled my eyes. "How did you figure it out?" 
   "Well, you never really had a thing for girls and Alex is wearing Eleanor's necklace." Elias explained, I blushed and glanced at the small padlock. 
   "Oh, no worries, dear." Mary smiled. "That necklace has been passed down through this family for ages. You two make a very cute couple." I blushed and John took my hand. 
   "Thank you, ma'am." Breakfast was served and John and I scarfed our food down. When we were done John carried me back upstairs and we got dressed. John and I took the rental car and we headed off. "Where are we going?" 
   "I want you to meet someone." 

   John and I walked hand in hand through the graves, I knew where we were going now. John seemed to shake a little more the closer we got until we stopped before a beautiful headstone. Tears started to spill for John's eyes and he sat down. He laid the roses against the headstone and I fiddled with the golden locket around my neck. I started taking off my prosthetic and carefully sat beside him in the grass. John huffed and I entwined our fingers. He sniffed and sighed. "I've never actually been here." He huffed, wiping his eyes again.
   "It's very brave of you to be here now." I cooed, kissing his temple. 
   "I used to cut myself." John mumbled, I bit my lip and squeezed his hand. "I thought Andre was your soulmate and I just-...I felt so selfish because I wanted to be with you but Andre beat me to it and-" 
   "Hey...You have me now. I was stupid, John. Andre was a bad choice. You know that." 
   "I love you." 
   "I love you too." I smiled, he sighed and laid his head on my shoulder. 
   "What do we do now?" He sighed. 
   "Well...You can talk." I smiled, John bit his lip and kissed my hand. 
   "Ma...um-...This is Alex. My soulmate." He stuttered, I smiled and he chuckled a bit. He talked for awhile and I rubbed his back. He fell silent and I smiled gently. 
   "All done, baby?" John nodded and I put my prosthetic on. John helped me up and pulled me into a kiss. 
   "Thank you. I feel a lot better." He smiled.
   "Glad to be of service."