School

A/N - Ask questions!!! Also! Y'all should follow @TransIan her books are amazing!!!

Alexander's POV

   I bit my lip and huffed, staring at the texts. John was begging me to come to school. I had hearts and 'I miss you' dotting my arms. It made me feel wanted. John wants me. He loves me. He doesn't care about my leg. Well, he does but not the way I feared he would. He's so amazing. I just want to curl up in his lap and never ever leave. He's safe and warm...I'm just afraid of what might happen...Like dad. I groaned and got up.
   "What are you doing, Alex?" James frowned, he had a half day today so he was eating lunch, at home.
   "He's dying."
   "Who?"
   "John. He's loosing his mind." I grabbed some clothes and huffed, changing.
   "What are you gonna do."
   "Go to school." I huffed.
   "I thought you were taking a break?"
   "John needs me."
   "Just admit you love him." James smirked.
   "I don't know how I feel!" I snapped.
   "You mean you're afraid he's gonna turn into dad."
   "...shut up." I grumbled.
   "Alright but I reserve the right to say I told you so when you get married." I rolled my eyes and James grabbed my backpack. "C'mon. I'll drive you." My phone buzzed and James helped me into the car.
Jack :)
I'm fucking dying!!!

Me
Y???

Jack :)
Life sucks without you :(

Me
Aw poor little baby lol

Jack :)
I'm serious Lex!!!

Jack :)
I miss youuuuuuuuuu

Me
You're silly

Me
U can survive

Jack :)

No I can't :'(

Me
Dang guess I don't have a soulmate anymore

Jack :)
You're adorable
   James pulled up to the school and I got out of the car. I made my way up the steps and into the building. It was lunchtime and we had started sitting in the courtyard so I headed that direction. John kept texting me and I stopped at the door.
Me
Turn around ;)
   I opened the door and weaseled my way through as John looked over his shoulder. I waved and his eyes lit up. He tripped over himself as he got up and ran over to me at full speed. He picked me up and spun my around, causing me to drop my crutches. I squealed and held on for dear life. "I missed you so much! I love you!" He gushed, holding me tightly and kissing my head. "I thought you said you wanted to stay home for awhile?" He frowned, carefully setting me down.
   "I did but...I figured watching you loose your shit is better than Flintstones reruns." I grinned, I held onto him and he picked up my crutches for me. John helped me over to the table and everyone smiled and greeted me. John let me sit in his spot and he sat on the edge. "Are you sure you don't want me to sit on the edge? I've got less to put und-" John just kissed my cheek and I blushed.
   "I KNEW IT!" All three Schuyler sisters and Laf squealed at the same time.
   "What?" John frowned.
   "You two are soulmates!" Laf squealed.
   "N-"
   "Yeah." I smiled, John looked down at me and I smiled up at him. He grinned and wrapped an arm around my  shoulders, letting me lean into him.
   "AWWWWWW!" Eliza cooed, I smiled a bit and John kissed my head.
   "So how long have you two been dating?" Angelica questioned.
   "Oh...We're not dating." John mumbled, I stared at my lap and bit my lip.
   "Well, you should!" Eliza gushed.
   "Yeah!" Peggy chimed.
   "N-"
   "I just need a little time. After Andre I just...need a minute." I sighed and John rubbed my shoulder calmly. John smiled down at me and I leaned closer to him. We chatted and John shared his sandwich with me. I could tell he was so much happier than he was. I was too. I liked it when he held me. I felt safe in his arms. I wanted to chase that feeling.

   "John?" John glanced over and I closed my book. We were hanging out at his house and he was playing video games. "Can we talk?" John paused his game and looked over at me.
   "What's up, baby?"
   "I just..." I bit my lip and John scooted closer to me. "Did I ever tell you why I'm afraid of soulmates?"
   "No." John frowned and I huffed.
   "My mom and dad were soulmates. They loved each other. A lot." John frowned again and I huffed. "When I was ten Dad left us for some slut in Saint Croix. He left us with his debt, which James is still paying off, and left us to die." I mumbled, John pulled me over to him gently and I sniffed. "I just don't want-"
   "I'm not gonna leave you."
   "Jack...We're in high school." I mumbled.
   "I know...but...You said no one could ever love you just the way you were...right?" I nodded and John cupped my cheeks. "I love you the way you are. It's just cause you're my soulmate. It's because you're amazing. I love you, Alexander." Tears started to slip down my cheeks and John gently wiped them away. "Don't cry, baby." John cooed, he pulled me close and I sobbed into his chest. "It's ok. I've got you, baby. You're ok." I sniffed and looked up at him. I kissed him and he held me tightly. When I pulled away he looked up at down at me and I blushed a bit. I've never been so bold like that. John pulled my closer to him and hugged me. I closed my eyes and hugged back, letting him hold me. It felt so good.
   "John?"
   "Hm?" John asked, kissing my head.
   "I'm sorry." I whispered.
   "What? Why, baby?"
   "It's not fair to you!" I sobbed, John pulled away a bit and brushed my hair back.
   "What isn't?" He frowned.
   "This! You love me and I-I-" John sighed a bit and took my hands.
   "Baby girl...I told you I'd wait. I'll wait. I don't want to pressure you. You're afraid. I was too. I'm here for you, baby." I sniffed and looked up at him.
   "Jack?"
   "Yes, Baby?" He hummed.
   "I like you." I mumbled, John chuckled and brushed my cheek.
   "I love you." John smiled, pulling me into his lap. I blushed as he touched my right thigh and shifted a bit. I laid against his chest and he leaned back. He wrapped his arms around me and unpaused his game. I watched him play and listened to his heartbeat. He kissed my head and whispered gently in my ear. "I love you so much, baby."