Forgotten Dates

A/N - that moment when ten minutes before your AP exam you find out that you didn't get guard captain.

Alexander's POV

    I woke up to like a million texts from Peggy and frowned. James was making breakfast and whistling to himself. I yawned and read through the texts. 
PegLeg*wheeze*
ALEX

PegLeg*wheeze*
ALEX

PegLeg*wheeze*
ALEX

PegLeg*wheeze*
ANSWER ME

PegLeg*wheeze*
HOP OVER TO YOUR PHONE AND PICK IT UP

PegLeg*wheeze*
DON'T MAKE ME GOOGLE MAPS YOUR LOCATION AND BREAK THE DOOR DOWN

PegLeg*wheeze*
I SWEAR I'LL BREAK YOUR LEG ALEX

PegLeg*wheeze*
ANSWER ME
   I smirked and rolled my eyes, sitting up. "Good morning, Lion." James hummed.
   "Morning, Jamie." I smiled, I started typing and James handed me a cup of coffee. 
Me
Why are you breaking my last remaining leg???

Me
I kinda need that b

PegLeg*wheeze*
CALL ME RIGHT NOW
   I chuckled and called her, signalling James to shut the fuck up. Peggy picked up and I was immediately deaf. "YOU NEED TO WAKE UP WHEN I TEXT YOU, DUMMY!" She squealed.
   "Ok, ok. Why are you breaking the only leg I have?"
   "John's birthday is in two days and you need to do something nice for him!" 
   "What! Why didn't he tell me?" I frowned. Why wouldn't John tell me about his birthday?"
   "It's on Monday. He usually ignores it and never tells anyone but I have my ways."
   "He hates his birthday?" I frowned. "Why?"
   "I think it's something to do with his mom's death but I didn't ask." 
   "His mom died last year, Pegs."
   "Oh yeah. I don't know why he hates his birthday then." I chuckled a bit and Peggy huffed. "That's not the point. Francis-MAYBE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH FRANCIS!" She gasped, I chuckled and James handed me a plate of eggs. "Anyway. Francis was an awful boyfriend and would always forget even when we all reminded him. You have to get him something good!" 
   "What would I get him?" 
   "I don't know but I'd ask Martha. I sent you her number."
   "Ok, thanks, Pegs." 
   "No problem, Peg Leg." She teased.
   "Later, Peg Leg." I teased back, she hung up and I huffed. James sat next to me and I sighed heavily.
   "What's wrong?" He asked.
   "John didn't tell me about his birthday." I mumbled, James frowned at me and I huffed. "Why wouldn't he tell me?" 
   "I don't know." James shrugged. 
   "I gotta call Martha."
   "Who?"
   "John's sister."
   "Oh, you didn't say he had a sister." James smirked.
   "She's thirteen." James turned scarlet and choked on his coffee. 
   "Do not tell him I said anything remotely-" I snorted and giggled.
   "I won't." I called Martha and she picked up quickly.
   "Alex?"
   "Hey, Martha. Peggy told me John's birthday is on Monday and-"
   "No!"
   "What?" I frowned.
   "Look. It's sweet that you want to get him something but please don't."
   "W-why?" I frowned.
   "It's complicated."
   "I know complicated. Tell me. I'll find out sooner or later." Martha sighed and went quiet for a moment. 
   "Ever since Francis dated him he's hated his birthday. Please don't do anything? I'm begging you."
   "Martha...I can't not get him anything. He's my boyfriend. I have to get him something!"
   "Fine...Just don't go over board."
   "I literally can't." I chuckled.
   "He likes art and you." I snorted and Martha giggled a bit. 
   "I'll see what I can do."
   "Bye!" Martha hung up and I chuckled.

   "Hey, Jacky?" I asked gently, John looked over at me and I smiled. "You're cute." John blushed bright red and stammered a bit. 
   "No, I'm not." He mumbled, I giggled and used my crutches to push myself up and kiss his cheek. "I love you." I smiled and leaned against his arm. 
   "I know." I mumbled, John smiled and kissed my head. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him. I liked spending time with him, no matter where we were. Right now we're in the apartment. James in at work so I asked John if he could come sit with me. A minute after I asked I heard him walking out the front door. I think it's cute how much he cares for me. I just wish I could figure out my feelings. I turned over and laid on his chest, causing him to look down at me. "Why don't you think you're cute?" John sighed a bit and pecked my forehead. 
   "Francis..." I sighed and crawled up so I was sitting in his lap, kneeling on either side of his legs. 
   "I don't wanna hear about Francis anymore. I don't like him. He's an awful person and he's hurt you way too much." John looked bewildered for moment and I kissed him. "I don't like it when you talk about him. Every time you say his name your eyes go grey. I don't like it. I like it when they're blue. Pretty ocean blue." John was a blushing mess and I pulled his hair out of his ponytail, messing it up. He tried to fix it and I pushed his hands away. I kissed him again and he sighed. 
   "I love you, Alex. Francis means nothing to me."
   "I know...I just don't like to see you upset."
   "I don't like seeing you upset either." John smiled and hugged me tightly. "If you don't want me to talk about him anymore I won't." 
   "Well, don't say that!" I whined. " You make me sound like a controlling boyfriend." I pouted, putting my head on his chest. John chuckled and brushed my hair behind my ear. 
   "Well...Until you add the fact that Francis is an abusive prick. Then you sound like a super sweet boyfriend." I smiled and crawled up again. I kissed John gently and giggled. 
   "When are you gonna take me out?" I whined. 
   "Goodness, you're not patient." John teased, I whined and fell to the side. John chuckled and climbed on top of me. "I love you." He smiled, kissing me again and again. I giggled and John pushed my right thigh down so he could get closer. We started to make out and John bit my lip. I pulled away a bit and John's ocean eyes fluttered open. "What? Did I hurt you? I didn't mean to push your l-"
   "No...Just...Too fast..." John smiled and laid down, pulling me into his arms. "You're ok with it?"
   "Yeah, baby." He smiled. "You don't want me to touch you I won't." I opened my mouth to reply but John's phone rang. He picked it up and put it on speaker. "Hello?"
   "Hey, Pickles."