Chapter 20

Richard: "A 757 went down in the sound" he informs the staff as they stand near the staris "We're looking at about 200 injured passengers. We're the designated crisis center. Families will be instructed to come here to find their loved ones. We are activating surge protocol. Dr. Rivers is gonna be running the show. It's gonna be chaotic. You need to listen carefully. You need to stay focused. Do not contribute to the panic. Now get to your stations."

Sky: "Dr. Bailey, let's clear any beds that we can. Discharge or transfer."

Bailey: "Okay, uh, Grey."

Sky: "All right, Torres, Hunt, you'll be with me. Kepner, set up the E. R. for triage. Other Grey, I want you running the family center. Take over in the cafeteria. Yang, blood bank."

April: "Uh, we might need a Candyman."

Sky: "Dr. Sloan will be our Candyman. Let's be liberal with pain meds for our victims and sedatives for patients that we are moving. Uh, Avery, you can help him out. Let's move, people."

Callie: "These are your films. They're gonna schedule your surgery at Seattle Presbyterian."

Sky: "Seattle Pres can't take anymore. Start calling County."

Mark: "This isn't exactly calming." he says to Sky referring to a conversation they had this morning

Sky: "I'm already cutting back on surgeries. You want me to cut back on coming to work too?"

Mark: "I'm just saying, taking it easy might be better for you."

Sky:" I'm a doctor Mark. Besides all I'm technically doing is pointing people in different directions. Look...not thinking about all the possible things that can go wrong is actually helping me. So please, let me have this distraction." 

Mark: "Okay" he sighs before looking at the work in front of him before calling Jackson over "Avery! Why'd you give me that guy in the middle of a mass trauma?" he asks when Jackson tells him to hold on as he talks to a patient

Sky: "Avery? The kid quit Webber's study."

Mark: "What kind of idiot decides working with the chief of surgery is too taxing on his schedule?"

Owen: "He didn't quit because he thinks it's too much hard work. He quit because he thinks the chief has a shot at a Harper Avery, and he was worried that if his name was on it, it would kill Webber's chances." he says as a thoughtful looks comes over Mark's face as he looks over at Jackson

Sky: "Kepner, discharges."

April: "Yeah."

Reporter: "Officials say it's too early to speculate on the cause of the crash. But here's what we do know...the flight originated this morning in Baltimore carrying 183 passengers and 18 crew members..."

Lexie: "Still nobody? Oh, their families are going crazy. What is taking so long?"

Mark: "Well, fishing 200 people out of the water is slow business" he says sitting behind Sky as he leans his chin on her shoulder and his arms are wrapped around her "You want to play "Angry Birds"?" he holds up his phone

Owen: "They'll do triage at the waterfront. It takes time."

Sky: "Actually, if they're taking this long, there's gonna be a lot of hypothermia. Kepner."

April: "Oh, yeah. Warm blankets, heated lamps, and heated I.V. fluids. Got it."

Mark: "You post chief resident yet?"