Chapter 8

"Hi Carter, this is Y/N."
      "Hey, do you need something? Like directions or...."
     "Nope, I think I'm good for directions but remember when you were eavesdropping on me and Will?"
     Y/N could imagine Carter going red at that but she wasn't great at making an easier story.
     "Y-yes."
     "A little while before that, I told Will that our parents weren't with us, you heard that."
     "Yeah. I told you we could trust him."
     Y/N burst out laughing, Will and Carter were silent not knowing why she gave the sudden burst out.
      "Sorry, but Will want us to meet his family and he thinks it's a good idea. I think you should come along too. Will hasn't told them yet, right Will?"
     "Yep."
      "Okay, I'm tracking you right now, and can you please fix the thruster. You are the smartest person ever and I am dying over here."
      Y/N laughed, "sure thing, see you soon."
     She turned off the signal and put her hand down.
     "So you flew that ship by yourself? How? I don't think we finish learning until level 20."
     "I have my ways, and I guess Carter helped a bit."
Y/N made a face which gave Will a hint.
"He didn't really help that much did he," Will said, smiling.
Y/N shrugged and they both laughed, walking towards the end of the forest hand in hand, the robot close behind them.

———————————————————————————————————-

"Mom, I found out something last night," Judy said, fiddling with her fingers.
Maureen look at Judy with a questionable and worried look.
"What is it?"
"I think I found survivors."
Maureen placed her pen down and turned her body towards Judy.
"How, radio or in person?"
"Radio, she said she was from Jupiter 13. She didn't seem like she was too old. I'm thinking around Will's age."
"Jupiter 13 huh?"
Judy nodded.
"Let's track that down. Speaking of Will, do you know he is?"
Judy shook her head.
"Maybe I can go look for him, he wouldn't he that far off."
"That sound good," Maureen said, putting her hands up.
"But take Penny with you, maybe it'll help."
Ever since Judy got stuck in the water, the relationship between Penny and her had loosened. Again.
She gave a small smile before awkwardly walking back to her room.

———————————————————————————————————

Will and Y/N were standing in front of the almost snow covered Jupiter, which seemed to have survived in ice.
"Are you ready? I promise they won't do anything if they find out, or when they do."
Y/N nodded and inhaled sharply, "let's go."
She pulled her hand away from Will's, walking behind him, into the Jupiter.
It was pretty much the same as hers, only with different stuff lying around.
"Wait here, I'll go talk to them," Will said.
Y/N just nodded and watched as Will went through the door.
She could hear the muffled voice of people talking and it took quite long.
Y/N started getting nervous as 10 minutes passed and they were still talking.
She started to peak though the window in the bughead, trying to see what was happening before she heard the latch open. She immediately pretended that she was just about to knock on the door.
"And there she is!"
"Uh, hi. I'm Y/N L/N. And uh...well hi."
The four other members of Will's family stared at her.
"I-"
"Y/N L/N."
She turned and saw the robot looking down at her.
"Hello!"
The robot just continued its usual and did nothing.
"You can talk to the robot too," Penny asked.
"Yes, I can. Me and Will we're together when we met it."
Will went red and said, "I forgot to say that."
Maureen went up to Y/N and shook her hand.
"I'm Maureen Robinson, Will's mom. Nice to meet you."
She smiled as Y/N took her hand and shook it.
"Penny Robinson."
When she smiled she looked just like Maureen.
"John Robinson."
He was probably the dad.
"Judy Robinson."
She didn't look like the rest of her family but Y/N knew not to say that.
"So Will said you flew a Jupiter on your own, huh. Maybe you could teach him because that's just really impressive," Maureen said, smiling.
"Thank you. I learnt from my parents."
       "That's great. So we do know about them, you might have to stay here for awhile. I don't think it's safe to be there on your own."
       "Okay, thank you but, do you know what happens to kids who don't have any parents, like my situation?"
       Maureen sighed, "you don't have to worry about it, we will make sure you stay with us."
       Y/N smiled and thanked Maureen.
       "Why don't we visit your Jupiter, get your things. Is it still in shape?"
      "Yeah, it's actually much better than I thought it would be. One panel on the 2nd thruster is a bit damaged but I can fix it."
       "Do you have any fuel?"
       "Yes."
        "Okay, do you want to go by yourself. Actually, I'm sending Will with you, you guys seem to get along."
       Will went red and a tiny tingle of pink went across Y/N's cheeks.
       Penny laughed and she walked out of the room, Judy following her out.
       "Will there be enough space?"
        "What do you mean? The Jupiter is big enough for 7 people. We are only taking you."
       Y/N soon realized the mistake here and she turned around to face Will.
       "Uh, she also has a friend who rode with her and his parents are also missing. I guess I forgot to tell."
       Maureen nodded, crossing her arms and looking at Will.
       "Still enough room," John said.
       "Thank you so much," Y/N said, knowing that these words weren't enough.
       Will was right. She could trust his family.
       "Well, we are just glad we found a survivor. There's still some hope out there."
        "Oh believe me, there is plenty."
         "Come on, let's go get Carter and we can tell him about new plans."
        Will and Y/N left the room, the robot following right behind them.