Chapter 76

Max is so adorable and talented. Did you see him playing the guitar on his insta? He's going to Vancouver or is already there but I'm excited. My favorite thing about Max is how unproblematic, kind, and innocent he is. You don't find a lot of people like that anymore. I hope that one day I'll find someone like him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all entered the Resolute in an eerie silence. Carter came rushing out to them, making sure they were all okay. Will was surprised but he didn't say anything, just went straight to the control room.

Carter eyed him suspiciously before bringing Y/N with him and following Will. The rest of the time going to the planet was covered in a dazed silence.

Y/N and Will were traumatized. They sat by each other and didn't say a word. Carter was sitting across them and he was worried. He watched as Y/N laid her head carefully on Will's shoulder and Will gave a small smile towards her with great effort.

Will's eyes were red and puffy from crying and Y/N had dark circles around hers.

"Poor kids," Adler muttered.

~~~~~~~~~

Y/N sat on a bench in the suiting room where all the spacesuits were. She had changed and they were almost at the Amber planet.

"Penny for your thoughts," Will asked from the doorframe.

"That's really old," Y/N didn't take her eyes off the floor.

"Yeah. Won't be enough for what we saw out there," Will tensed up slightly at the images of the hurting robot. "You think he'll be okay?"

Y/N wiped off the tears that came from her eyes and sniffled. "Yeah. He's different and he'll do anything for a friend now. That makes me happy, knowing that he's always there for us and...others."

Will chuckled slightly, his voice breaking as he felt another sob coming from his throat. He looked to Y/N who was already looking at him with a small smile. Will smiled back before he saw a cut on her cheek.

"Whoa. What happened," Will asked as he lifted her chin slightly to get a good look at it.

"Oh, I...uh, I didn't notice that," Y/N could see it from the reflection of her helmet.

"Are you okay?"

"It's just a small cut," Y/N smiled before looking at her hands.

"Even the smallest things can make me worry about you," Will whispered as he tilted his head.

Y/N blushed and met Will's eyes.

"You know, I really like you too, Will. Not a great time but-," Y/N started before Will interrupted her with a kiss.

Y/N was shocked but kissed back, or what she assumed was kissing back. Will was her first kiss so she didn't know how.

After a few seconds they pulled away and it was awkward.

"I hope that answers my feelings for you," Will blushed.

"Hopefully, we can be more than friends in the future. Right now, we're only 13," Y/N laughed.

"Yeah. Hopefully," Will grinned.

"Come on. Let's check with Adler."

"Hmm. So, when did you find Carter," Will asked as they got up and started to put their metal space suits on.

"When I got in this Jupiter. It surprised me too," Y/N said as she put on her boots. "I'm just glad we didn't get in a fight. I missed him in a way."