Chapter 30

Ahhhhh! It's the 30th Chapter! This is going to stretch out all the way to the last scene of season 2 and next year, season 3! It will turn up to be a pretty long book too sooooo... enjoy! (Face reveal at the end of Chapter 35)

       It has been a few hours since the accident and now everyone was in the Jupiter. It was a quiet night. There was a lot to talk about and Maureen was back too, but nobody could talk about what happened tonight. Everyone was scared about what the colonists might do or think.
       Meanwhile, Will and Y/N sat on the floor of his cabin and talked away into the night. They were the only ones who didn't care. The robot stood right outside Will's room and the two gave small glances towards him from time to time.
       "I'm so happy he's back," Will said.
       Y/N nodded and looked back at Will.
       "It was a scary night though."
       "Probably, but you got the best of it. Remember when you distracted the dinosaur and brought the robot to his good and bad side," Will said excitedly.
       "Okay, But I was scared out of my mind and I could have been smarter. What if the robot didn't come at that very second? I would be a human soup or something!"
       Will laughed. "I don't think anyone is going to let that happen to you."
       "I hope it stays that way," Y/N chuckled.
        There was a small comfortable silence before Y/N spoke again. "So, Umm, remember when I was going to tell you something really important  a while ago?"
         Will nodded. "Yep."
        "So I was going to tell you that, uh, I think something is wrong with this planet."
       Will slightly tilted his head. "What do you mean?"
       "The sun, do you notice how it rises earlier and earlier everyday? Also, the radiation levels are off the charts these days. I think, it might not be something we won't worry about. Wait, Maureen is back! I can ask her what she found!"
        Y/N made a move to get up but Will pulled her back down. "Woah, that's crazy! I don't think you should tell mom that right now. She must be stressed. I guess we all are," Will said.
         "That makes sense, maybe later."
        "So, I was also going to tell you something that is not related to any of this at all, but it's weird. Dr Smith, she asked me to bring her the robot. She said that she needed it for something. I never got a chance to ask but it might be important."
        "Really? Strange. I saw her arguing with Judy and I don't think Don likes her so much either."
"Well I can ask Judy about her argument tomorrow. For now, we need rest. You did most of the action today."
Y/N laughed. "We both did. Just, hope for the robot. The colonists are definitely going to something about him."
Will nodded and looked at Y/N. She shifted her eyes and jumped up, off the floor.
"I'm going to go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, Will," Y/N said.
"You too."
Y/N was leaving before Will said something.
"Is there something else on your mind Y/N?"
"Uh Nope. It's just-uh- I'm tired. Bye," Y/N said, walking down the hall to her room. The robot followed, his heavy footsteps making that clanging noise when metal meets floor.
       Y/N walked into her room and saw Carter sitting in the corner biting his nails.
       "Woah, Carter are you okay? You only bite your nails when you're stressed. What's wrong?"
         Carter stopped biting his nails and looked at Y/N.
         "I'm worried, about you," he said.
         "Why are you worried about me? I'm fine."
         "No, I don't think so. Everyone is probably going to think you are crazy! You actually kind of proved that tonight."
        Y/N sighed and sat next to Carter.
         "Look, if I were crazy I wouldn't have gotten us here to safety. I wouldn't have saved the robot who keeps on saving us, and I wouldn't have saved John, Penny and Judy," Y/N said.
        "I know. You did a great job and you were very brave, but a little stupid."
         "Says the one who just stood there in the middle of the chaos. I had to tell you to run, Carter."
         "Umm, not the point Y/N. The point is, I'm kind of scared of the robot. Did you see what it turned into?"
         "He is a he! And I told him to do that. It's fine."
         "Im still afraid of him. What if he turns into that thing while we are sleeping and does his somewhat cool laser thingy," Carter asked.
        "Ohh my gosh, my wittle pumkwin is scwared," Y/N said in a baby voice, squeezing Carter's cheeks.
        "Stop it."
         "Oh no, now he's gwumpy!"
        Carter's cheeks when a slight pink and Y/N laughed.
        "Come on, let's just get some sleep. It's been a long day. Mostly for me," Y/N finished.
       Carter took his pillow and threw it at her. Y/N ducked and glared at him.
        "Sad try ya ninny."
        She flopped onto her corner of the floor and pulled the blanked over her. Carter turned off the light and they slept peacefully.