Chapter 33

Will and the robot followed John as he lead them away to whatever they were going to.
      "John, are you forgetting something," Victor asked, eying the robot.
      "Oh yeah. Right, we're heading off," John said.
      They continued to walk across the field and Victor have the robot a nervous look once he passed him. Will have a small salute kind of wave and Victor watched them leave, slightly shaking his head. Don came up to him scratching his chin.
       "Man, those Robinsons can be a real pain in the ass, right? Always sticking their noses in other people's—"
       "Sorry, do I know you?"
      "Don West," He said, holding out his hand. "I wouldn't expect a guy like you to know a guy like me, but you look like someone who can get things done."
      Victor ignored his hand and walked away. "You can talk to Peter Beckert. He handles my affairs."
       "What if I told you I know where a man could get rocket fuel? You know, enough to get everyone here off this planet, back into space?"
       "I'd say you're mistaken. Whatever fuel was left in the Jupiters is gone."
      "Oh, the eels. Yeah, yeah I've heard about them. Ugh," Don chuckled. "From what I understand, those slippery bastards need moisture to survive. My crew and I, we crashed in the desert. Auxiliary fuel tanks, untouched, just sitting there, waiting for a smart community leader to claim them. They'll say that that guy would be a hero."
       "And what will that make you," Victor asked, suddenly interested in what he had to say.
      "Significantly wealthier. You can arrange that, right?"
      "Sure, whatever its yours. Just show us where the fuel is."
      "Looks like we've got this deal in the bit."
     Victor nodded and went off leaving Don with a satisfied smirk and Judy watching with no idea.

—————Skipping the part where Angela found a gun in the woods—————
and where Maureen told Judy that she could go and get
                                               the fuel because of my lazy ass

       "Come on Will," John said as him and the robot started to walk through the forest. Will was bending down by a rock think which one was good enough for his rock collection and which one was good enough for Y/N, you know, as a gift. He had become obsessed with hanging out with her. She was his best friend, better than the ones he had on Earth, which weren't many.
        Will was interrupted when he saw the robot's hand holding a rock from the corner of his eyes. He looked up at him and smiled.
       "That's okay, but, uh, thanks. We have ones like that back on Earth."
      The robot looked down at the rock and simply broke it in half to reveal something in it. It was unexplainable but most wonderful.
      "Whoa," Will said, standing up to hold it. "Thanks."
     The robot held his hand up high and Will looked up at it wondering what he was doing. He looked back at the robot who looked at his hand. Will finally got it and he jumped up trying to give him a high five. He reached it and chuckled lightly at the robot.
      "Will," John called.
      Will stared into the robot's starry face and yelled, "coming," as he ran back to his father.
"He gave you a high five, you teaching him to do that?"
"No, I guess he must have seen one of us doing it. I guess he's, uh... I guess he's learning."
They continued walking and Will said, "hey dad?"
"Yeah?"
"I just realized, I forgot to say thank you," Will said.
"For what," John asked.
"Sticking up for him."
"I wasn't sticking up for anybody. I was just sticking to the facts."
"But still," Will objected. "Can you imagine what it'll be like when we get to Alpha Centauri? Me and Y/N will be the only kids with their own robot."
"But there's only one."
"No problem. We'll share!"
"Hmm, well, let's not get ahead of ourselves," John said.
"Penny's always saying how she wants to write a book. Maybe she can write it about us."
"Will."
"Sorry, What are we doing exactly," Will questioned.
"You'll find out when we get there," John grunted as he stepped up.

——————————————————————————————————

The Chariots raced across the big, brown field, towards where Don and his crew had crashed. They carried a huge empty tank that was big enough for the fuel that they were collecting. Y/N was with Judy for she had insisted she come along. Judy knew that she may be useful. She had a mind like Maureen's even though she wasn't related to her through family, or like that.
"Repaired about a hundred of these, never once got to drive one," Don said.
"But you do know how to drive, right," Y/N asked as they drive over what seemed like a flat rock.
There was a distant explosion which shook the Chariot. "What the hell was that," Don exclaimed.
The explosions continued as Don stopped the Chariot to see what was going on. There we lots of geysers were exploding below, everywhere.
"Must he gas, trapped below the surface," Aiko, Hiroaki's daughter informed,
"Like space farts," Don suggested.
"They're called cryogeysers."
"On Mars, they spit C02," Y/N said smiling.
"On Triton, it's nitrogen. Heat from the sun—," Aiko continued.
Don nodded his head over and over again showing that he didn't care and wasn't listening.
"All right, whatever. Is it safe to keep going?"
"As long as we stay up here and don't drive into the field of exploding rocks," Aiko said.
Don rolled his eyes before Victor radioed in to check why they stopped. "What's going on? You guys lost?"
Don picked up the radio and turned it on. "That's a negative, Captain. We're just plotting our corse," Don said loudly.
"We're not here for sightseeing. Let's move," Victor said.
Don put the radio back and sighed. "Now that's the best idea this guy's had," Don said sarcastically.
"How so," Judy asked, looking out the window.
"Let's move."
Don pushed a button and a song started playing. Y/N smiled slightly without saying a word as Don stuck his tongue out and made a sign with his hand that indicated 'rock.'
"Don this isn't a road trip," Judy said while she turned off the song.
"It is now."
Don stepped on it (haha I'm sorry) and they drove off making Y/N slam back into her seat with the force. Evan, one of the colonists who was sitting in front of her, looked at Aiko and Y/N smiling widely. Everyone but Judy started cheering and laughing.
"Whooo-hoo," Don said. "Wow this thing can move!"
Judy started to smile even though she tried hard not to and she held on to the rail as Don went faster. Don looked over at her and opened the top emergency escape hatch.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Evan yelped.
"You're not supposed to open that," Judy said sassily as she pointed up.
"Why would they put a sunroof if we couldn't open it?"
"It's not a sunroof," Y/N said trying to cover her laugh which would soon come out as a terrifying wheeze.
"Yeah, it's an emergency escape hatch."
"Given everything that's happened don't you think we deserve a little escape," Don asked.
They were now yelling as the wind's noise blocked out their voices.
"You know you wanna," Don said looking at Judy. "Come on doc. Reach up to the sky, get up there! Give us a whooo like it's a prom night."
Judy rolled her eyes as everyone started to cheer her on.
"Yeah, well I never went to prom."
"Seriously," Don said as Y/N leaned back, knowing where this was going to.
"Yeah, I was studying for MCATS," Judy said simply.
Y/N was a really smart kid who really didn't enjoy the other stuff normal kids her age enjoyed but she would maybe want to go to prom. Don was right, the chaos was too much and they deserved a break.
"Well than you, my nerdy friend, have a lot of catching up to do," Don chuckled. "Up you go."
"Oh come on, do it!"
Judy smirked as Aiko, Evan and Y/N cheered her on more while smiling. She looked back at Y/N and laughed a little and unbuckled her seat belt.
"Yes finally, loosening up," Don cheered.
Judy climbed up so half of their body was sticking outside. Y/N laughed and watched as Judy put her hands up and started whooping. She leaned back on the open latch and watched as some hills rolled by and Judy just enjoyed the moment.
Victor watched from his Chariot as Judy placed her hands on her head.
"Oh you've got to be kidding me," he said.
"What is she doing," Peter asked.
The other woman in the back chuckled. "It looks like she's having fun. Can we—"
"No Diane, we cannot," Victor said, grabbing the radio. "Get her back inside. Now."
In the other Chariot, Don pulled on Judy's jacket telling her to come back down. Judy looked at Don and she squeezed back in, closing the hatch behind her. Don grabbed the radio and spoke into it.
"Copy that, sir. We're having visibility issues. We got bug butt all over the windshield."
Y/N scrunched up her nose as Victor said, "Enough, West. You better pray that fuel is still there."
"Seeing That this is our last chance off this planet, think we better all pray."
Don turned off the radio and Y/N thought, its gonna be one fun rest of the day.