Chapter 19

"It looks like they're going to Mr. Hiroki. How do you think they'll react to the robot? They'll know about him sooner or later," Y/N said to Carter. She was still a bit mad at Will but she wasn't that sensitive and she knows to get over things quickly, quickly meaning only an hour or so.
       "I don't know. Maybe we should worry about something else."
       "How the robot will react to them," Y/N said.
       "Hey Y/N, Carter! Mom's calling!"
      "Oh, let's go."
      Y/N and Carter ran to the radio to see Penny and Will.
     "Hey Y/N, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry," Will said.
     "Oh, it nothing! It was just a small disagreement," Y/N said, smiling nervously.
     "Okay, I'm just glad we made up," Will smiled.
     Penny took the radio in her hand.
     "Yeah, we're here, mom. Where else would we be?"
     "Listen, me and John need to recover some equipment, so we won't be back for a while."
     "Okay, and when do I get to get some fresh air?"
"If you need to leave the Jupiter, which you shouldn't, stay behind the fence. Judy will be back soon to look after you."
"Since when do I need a babysitter?"
"Uh, since we were attacked by giant eels," Maureen said. "Who knows what else is on this planet. Just stay behind the fence. All four of you."
Maureen hung up and Penny sighed.
"Babysitter," Penny muttered.
She left the room and Will, Carter and Y/N stood in a weird silence.
"Um, so we just stay behind the fence, I guess. And maybe not push it with Penny," Y/N said.
"Yep."
"Let's go outside then, Carter do you want to come?"
"Nah, I'm not an outside person."
"Are you sure, I mean this is one of the only times we're not gonna be locked up in our Jupiter's," Y/N said.
"You heard me, not an outside person."
Carter walked away leaving Will and Y/N.
"What is he going to do?"
"I dunno."
Will and Y/N headed outside the Jupiter and went to the giant rock, looking for anything to do.
"Ah."
Y/N grabbed a stick and started to make something on the sand. Will and the robot watched not sure of what she was making. Once Y/N was done she looked at the robot to see a reaction.
"Guess who," Y/N said, smiling.
The robot looked at the picture and back at Y/N. She sighed.
"You're right, something's missing."
Y/N glanced at the robot before throwing some rocks in the place where she drew the head. That's right. She drew the robot. The robot bent down and started to draw on the sand.
"What are you drawing," Will asked.
The robot drew two overlapping circles and Will and Y/N looked at each other in confusion.
"An eight," Will guessed. "You wouldn't know what an eight looks like."
The robot continued drawing and he added three dots around each circle.
"A headless snowman with six dots," Y/N guessed giving a small laugh at the end.
Will laughed as well before pulling a camera out from his pocket.
"This appears to be the first known work of art of an artificial intelligence of alien origin." Will brought the camera from his face to the artwork.
"Medium, dirt from unknown planet. What would you like to call your masterpiece," Y/N said, playing along. Will brought the camera up to the robot's face and the robot said, "Danger."
A worried expression played across Y/N's face as she looked at Will with questioning eyes. Will looked at Y/N and slowly brought the camera down. The robot looked at Y/N and she said, "let's try something else."
Will nodded and he drew the play board of tic tac toe.
"It's called tic tac toe," Will said.
A Chariot pulled in the driveway and Y/N looked at who came out.
"Judy!"
She smiled at Y/N and looked at Will who was trying to teach the robot how to play the game. Her face clouded over with a bit of worry and Y/N's face expression changed.
"Will."
Will glanced at Judy and put the stick down, wiping his hands. Judy looked at Y/N.
"Can I talk to you guys for a second?"
"Sure," Y/N said, although she felt she was unsure about it.
Y/N and Will came over and the robot followed.
"Alone," Judy said.
Y/N turned and out her hand up to stop the robot. He looked down at the two and stayed in the spot. Will and Y/N continued to walk towards Judy and when they reached her Will asked, "What is it?"
"I just saw a patient. She told me what happened on the Resolute. She said we were attacked."
Y/N nodded.
"She said it could change into different forms, blades all over its skin, a glowing red face. Of course I wondered what she was talking about. Until she said it was like some sort of robot."
Will looked down and grabbed Y/N's hand.
"Oh my god. You knew!"
Judy went off and Will followed, still holding Y/N's hand.
"No, where are you going?"
"To call mom and dad," Judy said.
"You can't!"
"Judy, please listen."
Judy stopped to hear what Y/N had to say.
"It was a different robot, the same but different. We wouldn't have let him come with us if we knew for sure he was dangerous. He's changed and he's helped us more than we helped ourselves."
Judy sighed.
"It's not a he, it's an it."
"He saved your life," Will exclaimed.
Judy ignored him and went into the Jupiter.
"Come on," Will said, running after Judy, still holding Y/N's hand.
They followed Judy as she went into the control room, Y/N dropped his hand as he went to the communication control. Will opened the panel right outside the door and turned off the communication signals.
"Will! Why did you do that? We might need it," Y/N whisper yelled.
"I'm sorry."
"No, I'm sorry. I want to save him too but we don't need to do it that way."
Y/N was just about to turn signals back on before Will grabbed her hand and pulled her into his room. Y/N yelped and tripped.
"Pack up, we're gonna go and save our friend."
"First, I don't have anything. Second, WILL ROBINSON!"
"Shhh, shh. Be quiet," Will said putting his finger on Y/N's lips.
"I'll help you save him, but not this way. Maybe we could ask Penny for help?"
"Nope, we're doing this alone."
Y/N sighed.
"What about Carter! Maybe he can come with us?"
"He said he wasn't an outside person and no."
Will finished packing and he got up, offering Y/N a hand. She ignored it and got up.
"I can't believe I'm gonna do this," Y/N muttered.
Y/N looked at Will. "No thanks."
He smiled anyway and they were ready to go out the door before...
"Where are you guys going?"
Dr. Smith stood in the doorway and went to Will.
"Oh we're just, collecting my stuff."
"You think that's a good idea," Dr Smith asked. "Your mom said to stay inside the perimeter."
She was manipulating Will right in front of Y/N.
"Yeah, but we'll be safe. We're taking the robot."
Y/N was already waiting outside the door, listening to the conversation.
"Oh, don't forget your map!"
Will grabbed it and just before he went to Y/N, he tuned towards Smith.
"Do me a favor?"
"Don't tell your parents," Smith finished.
"Thanks."
Will have a half-smile and went to Y/N.
"Let's go."