Chapter 59

"What?"

"Nothing."

Y/N crossed her arms and leaned back. "Huh."

Will shrugged.

There was another loud creaking sound and Y/N and Will shout up immediately.

"What was that?"

"I don't know," Will turned on his radio and asked his parents, "mom, dad. Something's coming towards us. Is it you?"

"No, we're still down below," John said.

"Go. Hide," Maureen told them.

Will flipped the table again and both of them crouched behind it. He muted his radio and held on tightly to his knee in fear. Last time, the robot was on the other side of the glass. It's closer this time.

The clanks got louder and both of them turned over again to see where it was.

They looked at each other and gave a nod of assurance before sending their attention to whatever was on the other side.

Slowly, they peaked their heads over the table (again) and all fear left their body when they only saw a horse standing in front of them.

Y/N sighed in relief and Will went to his radio.

"Mom, dad. We're okay."

"You sure," John questioned.

"Yeah," the horse moved across the room.

"It was just...a horse," Y/N said as if she was questioning it herself.

"Did you say a horse."

Will nodded but he knew they couldn't see him so he spoke again. "Yeah, only looking for some food," Will smiled.

John chuckled and Will turned off his radio with a grin.

~~~~~~

"Stupid horse, almost gave me a heart attack," Y/N said as she and Will lifted up the table once again.

"How's it so much scarier the second time," Will asked.

"It's just like watching a scary movie. The first time, of course, you get scared," Y/N picked up a fallen chair. "You might have the fear of being in a room alone, or turning the lights off but that wears off in a couple of days. It's like a wound getting healed, still leaving a scar. When you watch the movie a second time with the belief of it being not as scary, all of the fears and emotions and mental thoughts come back to you, opening that wound and making it come out bigger."

Will stared at Y/N. "Wow. You really have a way with words, N/N."

She quirked a brow and picked up another chair. "N/N?"

"I-I thought that maybe we could do that," Will blushed.

"Oh okay," Y/N smiled. "What should I call you then?"

"You don't have anything in mind?"

"I'm asking you, genius. Wait, I have the perfect one," Y/N dropped the chair.

"Please be good," Will muttered.

"How about....Will the Wise," Y/N made a gesture with her hands.

"Like Stranger Things? My mom was a big fan of that when she was younger," Will smiled.

"I wanted to watch it but it's like, 20 years old. It's hard to find anywhere," grumbled Y/N.

"Well, I like it!"

"Nice."

The horse neighed loudly making Y/N jump. "Uh-oh."

"Why 'uh-oh'," Will worried.

"He's scared."

"Of what," Will stared at the horse.

~~~~~~~~~

"Guys, Maureen and John are almost there," Don told Will as he looked a them through the window.

"Good. Any signs of Judy?""

Don didn't respond and the lights turned off.

"Oh great, Will, help me turn the table over," Y/N sighed. "Once again."

"The electrical system, it's resetting or something," Don explained. "Uh, Robinsons and Y/N. Turn on your flashlights so I can see where you are please."

Will turned on his flashlight (Y/N didn't have one) and pointed it at the window so Don could see.

The horse neighed again.

"He's doing it again," Will put a hand on Y/N's arm.

"We have to get it to calm down," Y/N said.

Will nodded and walked towards the horse but knocked a tray down.

"Oof, moving in the dark, Will. I'll hold the flashlight."

Will tossed it to her and started to make his way towards the horse but it kept moving.

"Y/N, can you do it?"

"How?"

"Well, I don't know. You're supposed to be the animal girl. Come on," Will said.

"I'm doing it but do not call me an animal girl again please," Y/N pointed a finger at Will making him look down.

The horse neighed noisily and the background and Y/N slowly made her way to him/her. (Pretend it's a her please)

"Hey, Hey. Look, I don't want to hurt you, but the thing that's coming probably will so shush," Y/N told the horse.

Will laughed but stopped immediately. "Y/N!"

"It's okay," Y/N ignored Will to save time. "We want you to be safe. For that, you need to stay calm, all right," Y/N said soothingly.

Will tilted his head and watched Y/N calm the horse down quietly. What a girl, Will thought.

Y/N gently placed her hand on the horse's nose and started to stroke it. "That's it. Good job," she whispered.

"Okay, now they're stopping and heading in another direction," Don informed, talking about the reddish light he saw in a corridor nearer to the dining hall.

Will put his hand over the radio in attempt to quiet it down. His full interest was on Y/N who was smiling at the horse with such care.

His flashlight was still on her making the space around her have a heavenly glow.

(Sorry, pure cringe. Deal with it, lily livers)

"Beautiful," Will breathed.

"Yes she is," Y/N was looking at the horse.

Will was going to correct her before stopping himself, immediately going red.

Because that was when he realized that he liked Y/N more than a friend. Way more.

~~~~~~~

I'm gonna leave it at there cause it's a nice cliffhanger but I want this chapter to be at least 1000 words so this A/N is gonna finish it.

How do you guys like the book so far?

I've never really had a chance to ask you guys that. Thank you for all the good support through out this story! I'm so lucky to have you guys.

Next chapter is coming soon! I'm trying to update everyday.

Now, I must binge watch Stranger Things and stare at Noah the whole time.

P E A C E ✌️