Chapter 10

After the incident in the garage, everyone's jobs were changed a bit. The robot was still clearing out the water, but it seems to just add so John took a look in the engine room and saw that there was a hole, it got bigger and bigger as more water came in so they had to find a piece of metal to seal onto the hole.
     Y/N got to continue helping with the chores, which she was happy to do, and Carter didn't seem to realize what had happened and everyone thought that it was best that they didn't tell him.
     "I have been working on this one for a long time. Can you help me?"
     Carter was such a lazy butt.
     "Sure, I'll just do the whole thing."
     "Thanks. I'm going to go see if anything else needs help because I have no idea how to do this."
     "You did it when we were escaping."
     "That was different. What are we going to do with that Jupiter anyway?"
     "I don't know. Maybe if they find all of the survivors, they can use it as a spare, to carry all the stuff. Then we could go faster."
     "We still need to fix the thruster."
     "Eh, we can work it out."
      Carter shrugged as he left the room. Y/N was checking the radiation detector when she saw something.
      "Uh guys, I think you might want to see this," Y/N said into her new radio.

—————————————————————————————————————-

     "The smoke that Y/N saw was definitely one of the Jupiter's tanks. There are more survivors out there," Maureen said.
     "Yeah, we should go. Take everyone, maybe Will too. I should go get him," John said tuning around.
     "No, it's too dangerous for him, I don't want him to."
     "But-"
     "I think that everyone here needs to listen to one voice instead of all of these mixed ones," Maureen said.
     John nodded, hoping that this was going where he wanted it to.
     "And that voice is me," Maureen finished.
     She walked out of the room taking that fierce wind with her.
     "Well I guess not."

—————————————————————————————————

"Hey Will," John said, looking at his son.
Will turned around from his work and looked at his dad.
"What's the matter?"
"Come here."
"What about this," Will asked holding up the wires.
"Uh, I think you made that worse."
"Oh," Will said, dropping them.
"Call someone else to do it."
"Hey, I need someone to finish the wires on 4C for me."
"I can," Y/N's voice rang.
"Are you sure, I mean after-"
"Coming!"
"Aw dang."
John chuckled and ruffled Will's hair, while pulling him into a small hug.
The whirring sounds of the robot came and Will had to tell him that it was his dad. The robot walked off and John still had a worried expression written on his face.
"I'm here!"
Y/N was standing behind Will and he jumped giving a small yelp.
"Sorry, you were so quiet."
"Thanks."
Y/N glanced at what she needed to fix and her mouth dropped.
"I don't think that ice does that."
"Yeah, a Will Robinson does."
"Where are you guys going anyway?"
"Looking for survivors, Maureen is coming with us but be prepared, she had her white board with her."
Y/N laughed and looked at the wires.
She started to unwrap them, putting some things together as Will and John went out.
The robot stayed by Y/N and watched her. Y/N saw his shadow and looked up at him.
"You should go with Will, he might need your help," Y/N said, hating that she won't get to spend time with the robot.
"Y/N L/N."
"What about Will Robinson?"
The robot stared for a few more seconds then turned and went to Will.
Y/N watched him leave then she went back to work, trying to fix Will's hot mess.

-Time Skip to 15 minutes after they leave-

"That is a lot of things to do."
Penny, Judy and Y/N looked at the white board Maureen had filled out before leaving.
"I really do wish she would have kept that on Earth."
      Judy walked over to the control room, Well we better get this done."
      Y/N nodded.
      Carter then came in.
      "Oh Y/N, I need to talk to you."
      "Okay, we can talk while we clear out some of the snow."
      "Sure."
      Carter and Y/N put on their coats and went outside, using shovels to try and make the hole that lead into the Jupiter bigger. The weather was going to lay low for a couple of days so they might as well get to it.
       "So what were you going to talk about?"
      "I found something, in our Jupiter when you ran away."
      "And what was that?"
       "It was yours, a notebook."
      Y/N went white and jabbed the ice harder.
      "What was in it?"
      "It wasn't important. Just some stories, memoirs."
      "Oh, why was it locked?"
      "The lock came with the book."
      "No, it was tied on."
      Y/N stopped digging and she faced Carter.
     "Some of the stuff are secrets, they're a bit personal."
     "But don't we share everything?"
     "Don't say that like you don't have any secrets you're keeping to yourself," Y/N said sarcastically.
      Carter glared and continued to dig. They were about 5 inches in already.
      "So, about the robot, why does it only listen and talk to you and Will?"
      "We saved his life. It's a 'he' Carter."
      "How did you save it?"
     "He was dying and we connected his body back together. There is some kind of thing on the inside. It makes life."
     "Huh, I was always thinking that it was a human made robot, or something like that."
     "Well he isn't. This robot is much more than that."
      Y/N placed her shovel down to take a break. They were now almost a foot in.
      Carter sat down next to Y/N.
      "Hey, you barely did anything."
      "No, I did a lot of work."
      "Heh, yeah right."
      Y/N was just about to take her shovel again but she noticed that it started to move. She pulled her hand away.
     "Carter look," Y/N said, shaking Carter trying to make him notice.
     "Carter-"
      Y/N looked at Carter then at what he was looking at. There was a giant funnel, a tornado, heading their way.
       Their radios went off and Y/N found it as Penny's voice.
      "You two, get over here, now."
      Carter came out of his daze and they climbed down into the hole, running straight into the control room to see Penny and Judy arguing.
      "Guys! Will, Maureen and John are out there! They won't be able to see the storm unless it comes right on top of them," Y/N said.
      "Exactly," Penny yelled to Judy. "Maybe we can use the Chariot to get them out," Penny said.
       "The garage is blocked by ice and my orders were to keep it easy in the engines," Judy protested.
"But Will, Mom, Dad..."
"Can take care of themselves."
Penny sighed and Y/N understood how that felt. She wanted to help you them.
Wait, she had an idea.