Chapter 38

Y/N stared at Carter's parents.

"Y/N, I thought you would be coming back tomorrow," Carter said.

Y/N just continued to stare at Carter's parents.

"But...I thought you guys were...dead?"

Carter's mom gave her a small smile. "Well, um, we aren't dead."

Suddenly, a ray of hope shone throughout Y/N's body. "Are my parents alive too?"

Carter's parents and Carter exchanged glances between each other before Carter placed the equipment down and walked to Y/N.

"They weren't with them when they escaped."

"Oh."

A feeling of dread washed over Y/N and she looked down. "When did you guys meet each other?"

"A few weeks ago," Carter said bluntly.

Y/N's eyes widened and she crossed her arms. "What? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell the Robinsons?"

"Well, um, I couldn't."

Y/N scoffed. "And why is that?"

Carter was silent before he frowned and glared at Y/N. "Because I didn't want to."

Y/N slowly nodded and tried to keep her anger level to a minimum. "Okay. Are you going to stay with them in their Jupiter now?"

Carter just stared at Y/N. "Why would I want to tell you?"

"Carter are you okay? We're best friends, you can tell me anything."

"No, I can't. Because you have been keeping secrets from me for a while now."

"Carter, let's go," his father urged.

Carter continued to stare at Y/N who was just staring elsewhere, thinking. "Why didn't you tell the Robinsons?"

"They are so close to you now, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even keep a secret, especially from you."

Y/N thought that this was unbelievable. How did Carter's mood change so fast? What happened?

"Carter, come on," Carter's dad urged.

Y/N was now silent. She watched as Carter left, hurt that such a close friend would turn his back on her like that. Then, Y/N saw it. She saw fear in Carter's eyes as his parents dragged him away.

She rolled her eyes and continued walking to the Jupiter as she replayed the scene in her head. She was probably just seeing things. Maybe this whole day was 'just seeing things'.

Y/N pinched herself just to check if it was a dream, but no, she didn't wake up.

___*___*___*___*___*___*___

There was a dense atmosphere when Y/N stepped into the Jupiter. She didn't see anyone, not even the robot.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

Y/N continued to walk through the halls and she gasped when she saw bullet hole prints in the wall. Maybe that vision she had was true!

"Hey, is anybody here," Y/N said a little louder.

She walked around the place and she finally saw the robot. "Hey."

The robot turned his head towards Y/N and walked to her. Y/N smiled slightly, still a bit shaken up with what was happening.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

She saw Will walk up to her from the infirmary room. What was he doing in there?

"I don't know. It was, strange," Y/N tried to explain.

Will raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "You can talk to me about that later, my dad, he's hurt.

Y/N's eyes widened. Tre robot threw him across the room in her vision. Maybe she saw what was happening from the robot's point of view.

"I-I'm coming. What happened?"

"Angela, she came to our Jupiter and tried to shoot at the robot and then he turned bad. My dad tried to protect Angela but the robot threw him across the room and when I came, he went back to normal."

Y/N just stared.

"What," Will asked.

"I saw that. I wasn't there, but I saw it. And when he turned back, I found myself in the forest," Y/N said, leaving out the meet up with Carter and his parents.

"That's...weird."

"I know! I could see what the robot saw! Did that ever happen to you?"

Will stared at the floor and nodded. "Yes. When I found out he attacked the Resolute."

Y/N put a hand on his shoulder when they reached the infirmary. And indeed, John was lying on the chair, unconscious.

He had a band-aid holding a cut on his forehead together and Maureen and Penny were standing on his left and right side and they were both looking at John worriedly.

Y/N opened her mouth before shutting it. She didn't know what to say.