Chapter 21

They continued walking and they reached a beach, well, not exactly. There was a small, peaceful river slowly flowing on the other side and sand surrounding it. They were still in the forest! There was a very soothing sound of flowing water and they all took a turn to see a beautiful waterfall. It was big and there were rocks just on the top.
"It's beautiful," Y/N said, for the millionth time that day.
"Yes, it is," Will said, looking at Y/N.
There was a loud clanging and they both looked at the robot who was clapping again. He clapped on his right and on his left, expecting whatever to bloom like it did in the flower field.
"No, no, no, no, no, no. It doesn't work like that," Y/N said, putting her hands on the robot, trying to get him to stop.
"There aren't flowers anywhere," Will said. "These are rocks. Flowers grow in dirt."
Judy smiled as he watched her brother and Y/N lecture the robot.
"Hey, that cave isn't too much farther, right? We gotta go before mom and dad get home. Penny!"
Judy started walking ahead as Penny came back to the group. They walked back into the forest, missing the sunshine that was shining on them at the waterfall.
"When we get to Alpha Centauri, you think they'll trade us up for one of this family dwelling units in town," Penny asked.
"I'm not sure exactly."
"Okay I mean living in the Jupiter is fine. That's okay."
They walked through small puddles and back onto the dirt path.
"You can have my room if you want," Judy said.
"Where are you gonna sleep?"
"Well, there's lodging at the medical facilities."
"That's great! Then Y/N can move to a room," Will said.
"Remember, I'm going with my parents but I am probably going to be with you 24/7 anyway."
They kept on walking until they heard voices.
"Let's tighten up," a man said.
"Who's that?"
"Come on, we can't let them see the robot," Y/N said, pulling Will and the robot aside.
They hid behind a big bush and peaked over to see a big group of people walking through the forest.
"You have to pick up the pace," the man said. "My Jupiter and camp is only 6 kilometers from here."
"It's hard not to get distracted. Did you see those Marchantiophyta," a woman said.
Judy, Will, Penny and Y/N continued watching until the robot peaked behind its hiding place.
"No get back!"
"Hide!"
They whisper yelled at theek hai robot and shoved him until he was back behind the trunk.
The group of survivors kept on walking and talking.
"We can continue this when we're safe at my camp."
"They have a camp? That's Victor Dhar, of course they do," Y/N whispered to her friends.
Judy nodded. "That's our colonial representative."
"Vijay, what did I just say," Victor yelled.
"I'm coming dad!"
A tall, lanky guy ran up to Victor. He had tan skin and blackish hair that was messily swooped to the side.
Penny leaned in further, watching Vijay closely. Penny smiled. Judy, Will and Y/N went off back onto the road, now that the group was gone.
"Hey, get down," Y/N whisper yelled to Penny.
"I'm down. Okay, it's okay. Okay."
The carefully started walking again until Will found something.
"Hey, I think someone dropped this."
Will picked up an envelope.
"Should we open it?"
"We should give it back to whoever when we visit Dhar's camp."
"Hey!"
All of them turned to see Vijay coming back.
"Hi!"
"Where are you guys coming from. Are you with the the Jupiter that passed back there?"
Y/N instantly tried to hide the robot but he wouldn't budge. She signaled towards Judy to help her but she was too busy with Vijay.
He saw the envelope in Will's hand.
"Hey that's mine! Uh I need that."
"Sorry, I was going to give it back," Will said.
"Oh what, this thing," Penny went up and snatched the envelope from Will, who was just about to give it back.
"Seriously, give it," Vijay said, reaching for it.
There were heavy footsteps as the robot escaped from Y/N and went over too Will, Penny and Vijay. Vijay stopped and looked up at him with a frightened expression. Y/N stomped her foot and wore a defeated stare.
"Get down," Vijay stupidly yelped.
"Oh my god!"
Vijay picked up a rock as he bent down and threw it at the robot, but of course, it was nothing to him. The robot caught it in one hand and looked a Vijay. He threw it back, thinking it as catch.
"It's okay, he's with us," Judy said.
Vijay caught the rock and stared at the robot.
"What is that?"
Instead of saying 'uhhhh, what do you think?' Y/N said, "It's kind of a long story."
"It's not that long."
"It is when you tell it."
"Hey, Hey da-"
Y/N ran to him and grabbed his arm and put her hand over his mouth which was hard because Vijay was tall.
"Okay, you can't tell your dad, or anyone."
"My dad is in charge. He needs to know about this."
"Do you want me to spill whatever it is in this envelope to the entire colony," Y/N said.
Vijay's eyes widened.
"Ummm, no."
"Okay then. And your dad is in charge on Alpha Centauri, not here. Tell him whatever the heck you want when we get there," Penny added.
Vijay made a lunge for the envelope but Judy pulled him back.
"So do we have a deal?"
"Okay," Vijay breathed.
Judy pushes him away and everyone watched as he started backing away, then broke into a run.
"I didn't know we would bump into anybody," Will said.
"Just come on. Let's get this over with."
Judy pulled Will away and Y/N watched as Penny smiled and continued watching Vijay leave.
"Are you okay," Y/N asked.
"Oh, yeah. I'm just having some second thoughts about this Vijay dude."
Y/N nodded and they caught up with Judy and Will.