Chapter 39

"He'll be okay, your dad is one...extraordinary man," Maureen said, not yet noticing Y/N.

Y/N and Will were just standing behind them. Will hadn't said anything yet and Penny didn't notice Y/N either.

"Hey, guys," Will muttered.

Penny and Maureen turned their heads to see Will and Y/N standing there awkwardly.

"Y/N? But...you weren't supposed to be back till tomorrow. Is Judy here? Is the fuel here," Maureen asked.

"Well...you wouldn't understand. It's really weird and I'm not even understanding what happened, exactly."

Penny frowns and looked at Will who just shrugged. "Well, let's go sit down and talk about it. Where is Carter?"

"I'll tell you about that as well," Y/N answered.

Penny nodded and got up and started to walk out with them before she turned to face her mom. "You coming?"

Maureen looked down and then back up. "Uh, no, I think I'll stay here a bit longer."

Penny nodded as if she was uncertain about doing that but she went anyway, taking Y/N with her. They sat at the table and Y/N looked at Penny with a stressed expression.

"So, begin. I think Will might be sitting this out, I guess," Penny said, looking around.

And indeed, Will wasn't there. The robot wasn't either.

"Okay, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe me, but...I went to sleep in the Chariot when we were getting back and during that sleep, I had a vision."

Y/N paused and saw Penny was still listening. She continued. "I saw the lights flashing red in the Jupiter and I saw the arms of the robot forming, in the evil way. I was seeing everyone from the robot's eyes. Angela was standing in front of me with a gun and when she ran out of amo, John got in front of her and blocked her from he robot. He just threw him aside. Then, Will came. He yelled at the robot to stop and he listened. He turned back to normal and then I woke up. I was lying on a rock in the forest. The forest! I looked through the trees and I saw your Jupiter. It was absolutely insane!"

Y/N finally finished and she saw Penny sitting there with wide eyes.

"D-do you believe me?"

Penny nodded and sat up, running her fingers through her hair.

"What wouldn't I believe now? You and Will are friends with an alien robot, we are stuck in a planet that has the same qualities as Earth, we have been traveling in a mothership for a long time. We've been lost in space for a while now. I always think that it could be a dream but no, it isn't. It's...reality."

Penny crossed her arms and put her feet on the table. "What about Carter?"

"Oh-he-um. He found his parents and he is going to stay with them now."

Penny sat still for a moment before nodding and standing up. "We should get something ready for dad. Hell awake soon and he must be exhausted."

Y/N nodded before looking back up at Penny and asking her, "do you know where Will is?"

Penny just shrugged while she looked though the cabinets. "Probably hanging out with his robot. He'll come back soon."

Y/N didn't say anything as she went to her room. Some of Carter's comics were still in there. She sighed. "I'm sorry Carter, promises are meant to be broken," Y/N aid to herself as she looked at a photo of her and Carter together. "Some secrets aren't meant to be shared. It didn't end well either way, I guess."

~~~~~

Will and the robot stood at the edge of the cliff. It was sunset and Will was nervous. What is he regretted this?

Will sighed and looked at the robot. "You're the best friend I've ever had. Well, best alien friend I guess. Y/N has been the best human one."

A few tears left Will's eyes. This was a final decision.

"You know that, right?"

The robot looked down at Will and his lights buzzed. Will shook his head lightly before wrapping his arms around the robot.

It was a few seconds before he pulled away. The time he had spent with the robot, however, was not a few seconds.

Will sniffles and looked down the cliff. "I have to be responsible for you."

Will pointed at the edge. "Step forward," Will cried.

The robot stepped forward and a rock tumbled down the loose edge making the robot look down.

He looked back at the crying Will and continued to walk until he walked off the edge. Will gasped and watched as the robot dropped from the frightful enough height.

He heard a crash, then another one, then another one. Then, silence. Will cried as he looked tante broken pieces of the robot.

He turned around and looked at the monument of rock he and his dad had made. Then, he grabbed a rock from right by his foot and he placed it at the top.

The sound of the rock meeting its friends was enough and Will couldn't let go. He kept his hand on the rock and he stared at it. He was speechless.

The work was done.