Chapter 58

"Hello!"

Y/N and Will were now yelling different names hoping one of his family members would be close and hear them. They were now close to the cafeteria, were there were still trays laying on the floor and small messes of moldy food.

"Where are they," Will mumbled.

Y/N shrugged and she continued to yell out their names, but to get nothing in return.

"Hey, do you have your radio," Y/N asked.

Will's eyes widened and his cheeks tinted a slight pink in embarrassment. "Oh, yeah. Of course! Why didn't I think of that?"

Will pressed down on it and started to call for his family but there was only static.

"That's strange. The Resolute has great signal, even if it hasn't been used in ages," Y/N frowned.

Will looked down at Y/N who was now taking his arm gently and inspecting the device on his wrist.

Small strands of hair feel in her face and her eyes were glued to the band. Will found himself staring but he looked away before she could catch him.

"Y/N, I never apologized for what I did on the Jupiter, when I told you about my doubts on passing the test," Will started.

Y/N looked up at Will and saw the regret in his eyes.

"No, it's fine. You didn't do anything wrong."

"But I did! You were saying all those nice things about me and I just ignored you!"

Y/N put a hand on his shoulder and opened her mouth to speak but a loud scratching noise interrupted her. When could she ever finish a sentence?

Will looked at Y/N before quickly grabbing her hand and bringing her behind a table. He started breathing heavily and Y/N's eyes were wide.

SAR had escaped.

~~~~~~~

Both of the kids (or new teens) slowly turned around from their position behind the table and peeked over it.

Indeed, the huge evil robot was looking around. The bright orange lights reflecting off the dull color of the room.

Y/N held Will's hand firmly and pulled it slightly telling him that she was going to speak.

"The remote," Y/N mouthed. "Turn something on. It'll give us time to get out."

Will nodded before quietly crawling to the remote. He grabbed it and rolled back to Y/N and then he pressed the ON button.

The TV glitched and it distracted the robot who was trying to claw at it, before the machine saw it wasn't a threat.

Then, it slowly began to walk away.

Y/N immediately closed the bugheads and put it on lock.

"Woah."

"Yeah. Do you think the radio works now," Will asked.

"I think. You can always use Morse code."

Will lifted his arm and he pressed a button making the speaker go static then Maureen's voice appeared.

"Will? Is there something wrong, your radio turned off?"

"SAR, he's here. And I found Y/N."

Maureen gasped and started to talk, "Y/N, oh my. Are you okay? It's been a long time and you've been alone. Do you know where everyone went?"

Y/N sighed and walked over to Will who was sitting on the table.

"I'm okay. Everyone else evacuated to some planet. I don't know which one but it has to be close."

Maureen hummed and told Y/N, "Okay, SAR, he's already been down the hall me and John are currently walking through which is the west corridor, right next to the storage areas. Where are you two?"

"The cafeteria. It came, but we closed the bugheads," Will answered.

"Good. Listen, we'll try to get it somewhere else. Judy and Penny are together and I told them to go by the control room. You might be able to see them from your right through the window. I'm making my way over to them right now. Stay in there, we're coming."

Then, Maureen turned off the radio.

Will sighed and put his head in his hands. "So much for a warm welcome," he joked lightly.

Y/N gave a small smile and she sat on a chair. "Have you seen anything weird lately. Maybe like, a dream? Or when you just dazed out of nowhere?"

Will looked up at Y/N curiously and shook his head. "No. No, I don't think so. You have?"

Y/N nodded and looked at the glitching screen. "Sometimes, I think that it was part of our robot's perspective. What he sees."

Will scooted closer to Y/N. "What do you see?"

"A cave. Sometimes I see this weird beach. A strip of land in the middle of the ocean and planets peeking out through the sky."

There was a hand on Y/N's shoulder and she looked up to see Will's shocked face.

"That was where my family was staying! That planet, it was weird. But you saw it! Do you think that the robot was on the same planet?"

Y/N shook her head and looked away from Will's hopeful face. "No. The setting was completely different. You said the planet you were on was a glowing blue so we can only suggest that the surface was only water and small patches of land."

Will removed his hand from Y/N's shoulder and went back to staring at the floor. "Oh."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. Should have thought of that."

There were banging sounds coming from above them and Y/N's face laced with worry.

"Oh, I really hope your parents get here soon."

~~~~~~~~~

John and Maureen speed walked through the halls in a tensed silence.

"Some people call me Space cowboy," John started to sing.

"Stop it," Maureen spat. "You're trying to block the thoughts that our kids could be in danger. And Y/N just got back..."

"Sorry, that song was just stuck in my head," John said with a sheepish smile.

"No," Maureen deadpans.

~~~~~~~~~

"Well, at least there's enough resources to keep us breathing," Y/N suggested as Will sat back down with her after trying to get a cup of water.

"How did you survive down here," Will asked.

"Ehh, I just...did."

"Hmm."

They were left in a comfortable silence and Y/N looked at Will before trying to cover up her laugh.

"What's with the pose?"

"What pose," Will asked.

If you did not know, he was sitting on the table with one leg hanging and one leg on a chair with his arms crossed loosely on his thighs.

"The way you're sitting," Y/N told him.

"This is not a pose, I just feel comfortable in this position."

"Really? It looks like your trying to look cool."

"Well maybe I want to look cool. So I can impress someone," Will looked at Y/N after he said that.

"Why, no ones looking," Y/N said obliviously.

Will sighed and smacked his forehead with his hand.