Chapter 67

"Y/N, you didn't answer me," Will pressed.

"Yes. I was feeling lonely but now I'm with you guys. I'm good now."

Will didn't seem convinced but he didn't want Y/N to get mad at him.

Y/N pointed at the picture of an oval shape with two flags on the side which represented how The Robinsons turned their Jupiter onto a boat.

"Even though we were apart," Will joined Y/N and shined his flashlight on it. "You saw these things too. We've been connected this whole time."

Will looked at the robot in awe before noticing something else on the wall. "Oh...I think these were supposed to be the other way around."

Then Y/N and Will saw the other one. Danger. It was exactly how Y/N remembered when the robot drew it.

Flashback

"What should you like to call you masterpiece," Will asked angling his camera towards the robot.

"Danger," the robot boomed.

Y/N and Will shared uncertain looks of worry.

End of flashback

"When you said this place was danger, what did you mean," Y/N asked.

The robot's head turned to Y/N and watched as she started to pace. "Danger for us...or danger for you," she said softly.

The robot pointed at the picture of them on the tree.

"I-I don't understand. What do you want me to tell you? The forest. It was on fire. You saved us," Will said.

The robot stared at him and Y/N.

"Um, maybe it's his way of wanting to talk to you," Maureen suggested. "Share stories."

"Is that what you want," Y/N asked uncertainly. "To talk about when we first connected?"

The robot once again pointed to the same picture.

"Are you okay," Will asked as Y/N held up a soothing hand.

Will and Y/N watched as the robot's face glitched making them both step back a little.

"Are you hurt, like when we first met in the-"

The robot pointed at the picture a bit harshly this time, seeming to get frustrated that they weren't understanding what he wanted to say.

The robot put his arm down again and it took all of Will's power not to run away and hide when he saw the melted metal on his arm. The one that his robot gave SAR.

This wasn't their robot. It was SAR.

Will turned around nervously and stepped closer to Y/N. "Hey, mom. I think it's too far for the robot to walk. Let's leave him here. Then, we can come back and pick him up in a Jupiter."

"No. I think it makes more sense if we all stick together," Maureen said not understanding what was wrong.

Y/N raised an eyebrow and tried to meet Will's eyes and when she did, she saw a whole lot of fear. Something was definitely wrong.

"No! No, that's not a good idea," Y/N tried to side with Will knowing he knew something.

"Yeah. In fact...it's a bad one, mom. It's definitely bad."

Maureen finally found out what Will was saying and a look of horror traced upon her face. The robot turned and looked down to Y/N who was quietly scooting away. The lights turned red and he started to transform into SAR.

"Kids, run," Maureen yelled.

Will tried to run forward but the robot grabbed his clothes and threw him back. Then, it directed his attention to Y/N who immediately threw a rock at its face.

The robot staggered back distracted and Y/N rushed to help Will. Maureen went to them and stood in front of the kids protectively as the robot started to advance upon him.

"Wait. Wait, mom. It's okay. He doesn't want to kill us."

Will got up and motioned for Y/N to come with him but she shook her head violently. "Will, he's different," she whispered.

Will shook his head and gave a pleading look making Y/N roll her eyes and slowly get up with him.

"He brought us here for a reason," Will whispered.

"What do you want," Maureen yelled as she put her hands on their shoulders.

SAR raised a hand and it started to grow orange.

"Wait, don't," Y/N yelled as she and Will got in front of Maureen who at the same time yelled 'No!'

"I remember you," Y/N said regaining her confidence. "Before, you wanted the engine. Right?"

Will and Maureen stepped closer and Y/N sighed in concentration.

"This time, you want something else. Thats why you brought the robot here. Isn't it?"

SAR stepped closer and Y/N breathed shakily.

"It was a trap...for us. Why?"

Will stopped talking and the robot tilted its head as they were now about two feet away from it. "What do you from us? Well, you can have me. Just let them go," Will said bravely.

"No, no," Y/N pulled Will back and Maureen got in front of them as the robot held his two hands up and they stared to glow. Before there was a loud zap and sparks went everywhere.

The robot crunched up, the metal melting and behind it, Adler stood with two glowing blue objects on his hands.

Maureen gasped and shined her flashlight on the dead looking robot then up at Adler who was glaring down at the robot.

~~~~~~~~~~

Adler covered the remains of the robot with a heavy quilt and Y/N and Will watched from outside the cave shocked.

Will grunted slightly as he tried to climb up a hill. He was in a bad mood and Y/N knew better than to anger him when he was like that.

"Hey, come here," Will whispered.

Y/N sighed before standing up from her spot on the grass. She was already tired enough as it is and now Will asking her to climb a hill.

She grumbled and placed her hands on the rock and started climbing. It took her a few minutes for she kept on slipping but Will didn't mind. He just watched. He thought that maybe, just maybe, he could muster up enough confidence to tell her about his feelings.

Y/N plopped down by Will's knees and exhaled deeply.

"Y/N, I need to tell you something."

"Yeah? What's u- oh my gosh," Y/N stood up and Will looked at her confused.

Y/N stared ahead and started laughing. "He was here! Our robot was here. He was right here," Y/N recognized the view. "Maur-AHHH."

Y/N turned to call for Maureen but she slipped and was left tumbling down the hill.

"Y/N!"

Will yelled as he lunged forward and tried to catch her.

Y/N looked up terrified as she saw Will peaking out of a hole that she had fell through before she felt strong arms catch her. Y/N looked up to the familiar face that was reflecting off blue light everywhere.

"Y/N L/N," the robot's voice boomed.

All Y/N could do was stare at her robot. For real this time as he finally set her down. The robot looked at her and Y/N was absolutely speechless.