Chapter 77

Y/N sat silently on the floor hugging her legs. Carter was sitting their with his arms wrapped around her and was whispering comforting things to her.

At the moment, they were going back to the Resolute. Victor had found them and was very questionable at first, then sighed and just started to prepare take-off.

Will watched the two kids sitting on the floor in jealousy. He knew that was still unfair, for Y/N and Will liked each other and shared a kiss but he was still jealous. However, he was just grateful that. After was helping Y/N. Adler was a close family friend to her and after the last thing he had told them to do before he died, it made the, all a bit emotional.

Turns out, that Scarecrow was saved. But, something unusual happened. Hundreds of thousands of robots were also made too. And all of them were bad. Victor seeing that, had set off to flight right away, scared of the robots.

None of the robots were with them, but they were coming and that was for sure. Victor had told them that everyone was aboard the Jupiter bu now, which brought them to great relief.

Victor sighed and picked up the radio and started to talk to the main bridge at the Resolute as a woman from the remaining batch of colonists. sat next to Y/N.

"Hi," she said as she looked down at the curious girl.

"Um, hello?"

"I'm Mathilda Backshot, I worked with your parents," the woman informed.

Y/N perked you at the mention of them and Carter groaned, getting up from beside Y/N. He sat down next to Will and let out a huff as Will eyed him.

"How do you know I'm their daughter," Y/N asked.

The woman chuckled. "I can see the family resemblance."

Y/N cracked a small smile and continued to talk with the woman while Carter and Will watched a few feet away.

"She never talked about them," Will muttered.

"I figured. I don't know how she handles everything so well," Carter replied.

"Yeah. She really special," Will smiled and Carter looked at him weirdly but Will was just staring at Y/N.

"Yeah..."

Carter looked away from him wondering what went on went he was gone.

There was static and Will immediately went to his radio. "Mom? Mom?"

Only after a second, Maureen replied. "Will do you copy? Is Y/N with you too?"

"Mom, we're with Victor. They're coming. There's a lot of them."

Everyone heard him and knew he was talking about the unidentified shop following them. It wasn't a Jupiter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They finally reached the docking at the Resolute and they waited patiently for the cleaning. There were a lot more people there and when the bughead to the Resolute opened, there were more.

But, Y/N, Will and. After we're looking for the Robinsons. Carter said he was fine with it but he only hoped that the others wouldn't get mad.

Will, was just worried for the sake of his parents and sisters. Y/N could sense his nervousness and worry so she grabbed his hand, Will smiled at her thankfully before looking around.

Soon, out of the crowd, Y/N could make out Maureen's ginger hair and she smiled as she pulled on Will's arm.

"Over there."

Maureen met their eyes and sighed in relief before she, Judy, and Penny engulfed Y/N and Will on a hug.

Carter stood there awkwardly and when Judy saw him, Carter waved and looked down at his feet. They had questions but were more worried for their sake.

"You're okay. Isn't Adler with you," Maureen asked.

The kids stiffened and Will squeezed Y/N's hand.

"He got caught on the lightning," Y/N said holding back tears.

Penny gave her another sisterly hug and Judy put a hand on her shoulder. Will looked down at Y/N and nudged her slightly making her look up and she gasped at who she saw.

Will looked at her curiously before following her eyes and looking at the robot. Their robot. John seemed to be talking to him which made Will chuckle before he and Y/N ran up to the robot and and engulfed him in a hug.

"He wouldn't leave without you," John told the two.

Y/N pulled away and looked up at the robot. "We did what you asked. Scarecrow made it to the ring in time, but we don't know what happened, we'll, what exactly happened-."

"Now there's an army headed our way," Will deadpanned.

"John," a voice popped up. "We need to get away from here as fast as possible," Victor said.

"Yeah, I think the only reason we made it out is because we're not the thing they want," Will told Maureen.

She sighed and looked at Victor who was waiting patiently. "They want their engine. Well, maybe it's time we finally used it for what it's for. Please take us to Alpha Centauri," Maureen asked the robot.

"No," the robot said.

"It's a new word," Y/N shrugged.

"Yeah. I think he just likes saying it," Will suggested.

"Danger."

"Wait, why would taking us to Alpha Centauri be dangerous," Penny asked.

"Once the aliens engine's activated, how long is the hole in space open for," John asked.

"I don't know," Maureen answered.

"Long enough for the robot's to follow us through the Rift?"

"Maureen, we can't lead those things to the colony," Victor stepped in, worried for the sake of everyone on Alpha Centauri.

"No, we have to end this here."

"How do we do that," Y/N asked.

"We let the robot's board the ship," Maureen smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N connected the wires to the Resolute's power projector.

"Your mom is a master at plans," Y/N told Will as he worked on something else.

"I've noticed," he muttered.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and finished the re-wiring before looking at Will. "What the matter?"

"It's just...this thing doesn't seem right."

Right now, everyone was rushing around hurriedly trying to make a kind of energetic field that would crush the metal of the hundreds of robots coming after them.

"Why," Y/N asked.

"Adler died trying to save Scarecrow and now we're killing hundreds of Scarecrows," Will answered.

Y/N sighed and put a hand on his. "I feel you, but you saw how fast those things were made. They could be made again and Scarecrow is different. Maybe, now that we saved his life, he'll help us. Just like our robot," Y/N nodded her head towards their other best friend.

Will smiled at her in awe and chuckled slightly. "You're awesome."

"Tell me something I don't know," Y/N said sarcastically and they both laughed.