Chapter 24

Y/N watched as Will climbed down the rocks to them.
       "He agreed?"
        Will nodded.
       The went down the hill and headed back to the Jupiter. It wasn't too long until they found the forest. It took only about 5 minutes.
        "Do you feel bad," Y/N asked Will.
        "Yes, a bit I guess but I like knowing that he's safe."
        Y/N felt the same but she couldn't help but feel that something wasn't right. If Will had planned this for a while, it must have been at least 90% or 80% secure. They walked back over the rocks in the small creek and jumped back onto the soil. The tree trunk was up ahead and this time, Y/N was first to get on. They walked over the next block and along a large lake and the flower field. Soon enough, the Jupiter came into view, and Chariot 13.
"Oh no! They're here! Hurry up, I know another way in," Y/N said running to where she believed the right side emergency hatch was. Will, Penny and Judy were close behind.
"Okay, me and Y/N will go to the center part, if mom and dad aren't there," Will said.
"Sounds good."
They ran around the corner and saw that Maureen and John were just at the end of the hall. Y/N quickly grabbed Will's hand and dashed to the center. She grabbed a book and leaned on the the chair. Will did the same but he grabbed his tablet.
Maureen turned and saw the two 11-year olds chillin, as they say in this 20th century.
"Hi," Maureen smiled looking at the two.
"Oh hey there kids," John said at the same time.
Y/N smiled and waved as she looked at Will who was very interested in his tablet. He wore headphones and stared into the screen, basically.
"Hey Y/N."
"Will. Will," John said, waving his hands around trying to get his attention.
Will looked up from his tablet to Y/N who looked at Maureen who looked at Will and John. Maureen chuckled when Will took off his headphones and sat up from the chair to give his parents a hug.
"Hey guys!"
Then, right on time Penny came striding into the room with a cotton robe wrapped around her body and a towel on her head.
"Oh, hello. I didn't expect you back so soon," she said in a cheerful voice.
"Hi honey," Maureen smiled and held Penny's hand.
Then, last but not least, Judy came jogging in with a water bottle in her hands. She gave Maureen a hug, John seemed to be ignored.
"Where's Carter and Dr.Smith?"
"Oh, Carter is reading his comics and I don't think I know what Dr. Smith is doing."
Y/N knew that Carter was probably re-reading the comics again but he is always gone and Y/N was starting to get suspicious. There really wasn't much to do around there but Y/N wanted to ask Carter later.
John took out some bread and handed it to everyone.
"So how were things here without us?"
"It was boring," Y/N said.
"Yeah, it was really boring," Will agreed.
John took a sip of his water before asking, "where's the robot?"
Y/N and Will looked at each other. They didn't think about what to tell them about that. There was a silence before Maureen sat up and looked at all of us.
"What's going on?"
"Umm, I think he probably wandered off."
"Wandered off, doesn't he always stay with you and Will?"
"We considered going after him but it seemed very irresponsible," Y/N inquired.
Will gave her a high five under the table, which is probably not even a thing. John sighed.
"Well, maybe we could try finding him later."
"Yeah, later," Maureen got up and walked off.
There was an awkward silence in which Will, Penny, Y/N and Judy shared worried looks. They just came back from such a big journey and it's dangerous out there. The robot save their butts several times but he wasn't here.
"You said 'he'," Y/N said to Judy.
"What?"
Will got up, catching on to what Y/N was saying, and walked to Judy.
"The robot. You called him 'he'."
"It's just a pronoun," Judy defended, not wanted to show her soft side. "Hey, you gonna tell dad the truth tomorrow right?"
Judy put her hand on Will's shoulder giving him a small squeeze. Will looked at Y/N nervously, hoping she had an answer. She walked to Will and held his hand.
"It's your choice, he's your dad. We helped you get this far."
Will smiled at Y/N and squeezed her hand.
"Okay, I'll do it."
Everyone else smiled as the stressed air released from them.
"You think he'll be okay out there," Penny asked.
"Look, we're the only ones who know where he is. He will be fine," Judy said.