Chapter 35

"Im sorry I kinda freaked out back there. It was pretty embarrassing," Penny said. "Oh, um, I almost forgot. Everyone knows about the robot, so I don't need that anymore."
      Penny stopped as she pulled out the piece of paper that she bribed Vijay with. He took it and looked at Penny.
      "Thanks."
      Penny looked down and nodded slightly as she played with her fingers.
      "Don't worry about it. Back there. Everybody does embarrassing things when they think they're gonna die," Vijay said.
       Back at the waterfall, Penny told Vijay that she had a whole plan back there. She was going to pretend she was in trouble then Vijay would save her and lean in and...you know the rest. It turned out that the waterfall evaporated and they were left with an arch and a deep ditch.
       Penny had also done another thing. She told Vijay about the black hole, and how nothing would survive it. Vijay had promised not to tell anyone and h planned to actually keep it.
       "Yeah, well, not like me," Penny said, looking back up.
      There was an awkward silence before Vijay spoke again. "Do you wanna know why I didn't want you to see this? It's something I wrote...when our Jupiter was crashing and I didn't think we were gonna make it. Read it."
       Vijay handed Penny the piece of paper and she smiled as she took it and sat on a rock. Vijay sat next to her and watched as she unfolded it.
      "It's a poem," Penny said.
      "Yeah, uh, a testimony. In case anyone found our bodies."
     "If you find this message, do not weep. I have lived a life, I was not a creep. I did not like books, but loved my guitar. Brought my music to space and traveled afar," Penny paused and bit her lip as she looked back up at Vijay. "This is terrible."
      Both of them laughed. "You try and rhyme when you're hurtling to your death," Vijay smiled.
      "Okay," Penny cleared her throat and began again. "I am Vijay Dhar, aged 16 years. I loved free climbing and I faced my fears. I once had vertigo, but than overcame it. Won a state-wide certificate and my mom made me frame it," Penny said as they both laughed.
       "It's from the heart," Vijay said.
       "I have never been in love, no girl broke this heart. Seems my life is over before it could start. If you find this message, please do not weep. I'm just a particle of space dust you don't have to keep," Penny finished.
       She looked at Vijay who was looking at the ground. "I was gonna do the whole 'miles to go before I sleep' thing, but—"
       "Shut up," Penny said, leaning in.
       She connected her lips to his without hesitation. Vijay was shocked. It was his first kiss. He finally kissed back, closing his eyes.
      Penny pulled apart and looked at Vijay, smiling, as he looked at her with a confused expression.

—————-they are cute so I had to————————————————————

They connected the ropes to the Jupiter and to the Chariot. Judy and Evan sat at wheel of the two Chariots, pulling it slightly up. There was a creaking and Y/N, Don, Victor, Diane, Aiko and Peter all stood to the side.
"How's your foot? Getting tired yet," Don yelled to Judy over the noise.
"Not tired enough to keep me from kicking your ass when this is over," Judy replied as she pushed the Chariot further.
"Can we just skip this? Go back to the part where we were friends again?"
"West, I don't know how much longer these are going to hold," Peter yelled. "Go inside and tell Aiko and the kid we need to disconnect now."
"Aye, aye captain. We're not done yet," Don said, running to the hatch.
"Pretty sure we are," Judy replied.
"West, let's go!"
He rolled his eyes and started to climb down.
"You okay," Evan yelled to Judy.
"Yeah, I'm good. You?"
"I'm not sure how much more I got," Evan said. "Engine's running high."
       "Just hold on, okay? Don's pulling everyone out."
       Judy reached for the button for closing the door and she closed them.
      Back in the Jupiter, Aiko and Y/N were just finishing up. The tanker on the other side was filled and it was time to go. Aiko pulled out the tube and Don came down.
       "You guys almost done cause we gotta go."
       "Tapping out now," Y/N said.
       "You get it all?"
       "Every drop," Aiko said.
       "Alright, cool. See you topside."
       "Yeah," Y/N grunted as she held the end of the tube and climbed back up.

You ain't seeing my face.

Sorry?