Chapter 53

Y/N caught up with Penny who was already going up the trail.

"Hey Penny! I think I need to tell you something."

Penny smiled and raised an eyebrow to show she was listening.

"It's about Will. Victor is talking to him and I think he's trying to tell him to one hope of John being alive. And of course, Don too."

Penny glanced at her uncertainly and sighed. "Well, I think that it's great. Um, that Will has hope, but Victor could be right. I mean, we only have a matter of hours until the Resolute leaves so we have to stay concentrated on that."

Y/N's eyes widened and she gasped. "Do you not think he's gonna make it?"

Penny looked down in sadness and barley mustered a nod.

"I'm sorry. I've never realized how hard it would have been on you, Penny."

She looked up at her and gave a painful smile. "I'll get over it. What's a life without tragedies anyway?"

With that, Penny took supplies and continued up the trail to the cave leaving a guilty Y/N.

~~~~~~

The colonists worked in silence in the cave as they gathered the biomass. There was only the small sounds of clinking metal, footsteps and scraping.

Will jumped into the cave with his flashlight but stopped immediately when he met eyes with Angela. It was still awkward even though she said sorry and was forgiven. Their small staring contest was interrupted when there was a loud grunt and the sound of metal hitting the stone floor.

Everyone held their breath, Victor giving the colonist small death glares. Slowly, they all pointed their flashlights towards the snarling creatures. You could hear small movement coming from above their heads.

Y/N felt Will shift closer to her and hold her hand as she kept her eyes glued to the ceiling. Once they thought they were clear, they went back to work. The scraping continued and Y/N gave Will and knowing look before handing him some tools and taking some herself.

~~~~~~~

A month ago, on the Resolute (a few days before the attack)

Y/N walked down the halls trying to find her parents. She just finished school and she wanted to make sure she met up with them before she did anything else. Otherwise, they'd be worried.

She kept on walked before she heard hushed voices coming from a room. The restricted room.

Y/N stopped walking in interest and she peeked into the room. She could she a boy and a girl. The girl was taller, making Y/N just assume she was older while the boy had the average height of someone her age. Their faces were hidden for the room was dark and they were turned in the other direction.

Y/N was just about to speak up and tell them they weren't supposed to be there but she didn't. And that was because she heard footsteps coming from behind her. Y/N panicked and skipped away from the situation hoping that the person who was passing would notice and tell the kids to go back to their parents.

~~~~~~~

Back to the present

"Now that we have the produce, they can make the fuel. So once we figure out where Dad is-," Will started in a hushed voice before Penny interrupted.

"You've got to stop," she whispered, slightly annoyed.

"What," Will asked.

"You're carrying around this radio...Dad's gone, okay?"

"Penny, don't say that," Y/N argued.

"It would have been impossible-," Penny continued.

"Any more impossible than Judy being saved from the ice? You and Y/N finding us in that storm? Mom and Dad being together again? The impossible happens all the time," Will told Penny. "Just have to believe it can."

Will walked away from Penny who was watching Will go with sad eyes. Y/N put a hand on Penny's arm for reassurance before catching up with Will.

"Will, I think I'm going to go to the Jupiter. I need a long walk any way," Y/N told him.

Will shrugged and nodded his head. "Yeah. Just be safe. I think I need some time to think too. A lot of people here aren't supporting the fact that dad's still alive."

Y/N looked down and played with her hands. "Hmm."

She walked out of the cave and made sure to help a bit more by taking some supplies back.

~~~~~~

The walk back was peaceful. It was indeed getting hotter and Y/N heard some noise from the site but she shrugged it off. She started to drift her mind to other things. Like what she'd do when they got back, what Carter would do, what would happen to Smith.

Carter and his family would hopefully get the biomass and come back with everyone else. Smith would hopefully be put to jail, and Y/N would hopefully find her parents. Like Will had hope for his dad, Y/N had hope for them.

~~~~~

Bah, what the heck. I just want to move on to season 2, so I'm gonna change some plans.

Hope you like it  -_-