Chapter 69

Will was playing with Gypsy while Y/N borrowed Will's binoculars for looking at the almost buffalo.

There was a scraping sound then the sound of sparks directing both Will and Y/N's attention.

"What are you doing," Will asked as he walked away from the horse's.

The robot held Gypsy's reigns and he was using his hand to melt the metal.

Y/N sighed and put a hand on the robot's arm.

"Friend," the robot replied.

Y/N took the leather from the robot's hand. "Look, I know you think what you're doing is helping him, but he needs his bit. He doesn't know any better."

Y/N walked to Gypsy and fastened the remains of it.

"We told you this. Without it, he'd just wander off."

Will and the robot stared at each other before Maureen came with a cheery smile. "Hey!"

"What happened," Maureen asked when the saw the metaled metal and extra leather.

"It was the robot," Will sighed.

"What? Why would it do that," Maureen asked.

"He just doesn't understand," Will said as Maureen stared at the robot confused.

"Okay, I think a lot of people wouldn't understand."

"You ready to go," Adler questioned.

"Yeah. You're gonna have to neck reign," Maureen told the last part to Will. "And mind your seat, you won't have his mouth. He'll be harder to control."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you trust him," Will asked Y/N and Maureen.

"Adler? Will, I've known him for a long time. He did that to SAR because we needed saving," Y/N said.

"That, and sometimes, you need to work with people you don't trust. Just gotta be smart."

"I don't know. He's pretty smart too. He built something strong enough to kill SAR," Will ignored Y/N's siding with Adler. "He didn't know we were walking into a trap. He didn't know we were in danger."

"Will, it's called taking precautions. Maybe he also had it for those other creatures," Y/N suggested.

"Speaking of those," Will said.

The creatures (scavengers) screeched loudly as they jumped on the hill farther to their left.

"There's no way they'll attack us with him here."

"Will's right. They're not hunting us," Maureen looked back at Adler.

"Then what are they hunting," Adler asked.

There was a low rumbling and Y/N furrowed her eyebrows at the rocks falling from the hill. What?

From the distance, there was dust gathering up, coming in their direction. The robot turned towards Y/N and Will.

"Danger, Will Robinson, Y/N L/N."

"Mom..."

There were more rocks coming down and Gypsy neighed, going up and throwing Will off his back.

"Will!"

Maureen and Y/N rushed to help him, so did the robot before he started to hear Gypsy neighing.

"Will, are you okay," Y/N asked as she picked him up by his arm.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

All of them ran off to the side but the robot didn't. He went to Gypsy whose reigns were stuck under a rock.