Chapter 40

John was now awake and it was almost time for lunch or dinner. That was when Y/N was going to give her explanation of how she woke up in the forest. Will had just gotten back from a small walk and Y/N thought it was best for him to have a little space at the moment.

Right now, Y/N was looking for the robot. She thought that maybe she could try and get him to tell her about what had happened, even though he spoke only a few words.

"Robot! Where are you?"

Y/N searched throughout the whole Jupiter and she didn't find him. She knew the robot wasn't with Will. She saw Will talking to his dad only a few minutes ago. Y/N walked into the infirmary, knocking on the wall to make sure she wasn't getting in the middle of anything.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you knew where the robot was," Y/N said politely.

Will shifted uncomfortably and he looked down. "I-I don't know."

Y/N glanced at Will uncertainly before looking at Maureen and John. "Are you guys okay? Mr. Robinson, you okay?"

"Uh, yes. I'm fine. But, Will told me that the robot gave you a gun. It was printed form our printer, did you know about this?"

Y/N nodded and started to explain. "He only gave it to us so we could protect ourselves."

"But, why did he do that?"

Y/N shrugged and looked at Will who only shook his head and avoided her eyes.

Will didn't tell any one about the robot. He wasn't planning to tell Y/N, for he knew she wouldn't be happy about that. Will just wanted to keep his best friend.

"Look, we were scared and I guess he thought it was what we wanted," Will said.

"You knew about this," John asked.

"Both of us," Y/N guilty muttered.

"I'm sorry. We...we didn't want it," Will added. "So I hid it."

Y/N looked at him in confusion. Hid it? When? It was under the mattress, right?

"Where," Maureen questioned.

"Yeah, show us," Smith said from out of the corner, startling Y/N.

They all walked out of the room and to Will's room. John lifted up the mattress with his free hand and he sighed when he didn't find anything.

"At least we know where she got it," Maureen grumbled.

Will uncomfortably looked down at his bed as John started talking. "Someone found it, but it wasn't her. She wasn't working on the light tower. She was still in rest."

"That just leaves everyone else. The whole camp was against the robot," Maureen said.

Everyone was quiet before John looked at Y/N and Will. "Hey, why don't you guys get a snack?"

Will nodded and crossed his arms and walked around Y/N, out of the room. Y/N frowned and followed him out. He was being very distant.

Y/N started to walk faster to catch up to Will and that's when the others started to talk again. She heard of few words including 'Victor' 'different' and some other stuff. Huh.

"Hey, Will. Are you okay? You don't seem yourself," Y/N said.

Will shrugged and walked to his room without saying a word. "Don't you want a snack?"

He looked up at Y/N with sad eyes and just shook his head. "I think I just want to be alone."

Y/N tilted her head slightly due to his weird behavior. She can't help him if he won't talk. Y/N slowly turned around and hobbled out of the door. "If you're bored you can hang out with Carter," she heard Will mumble.

She stopped in her tracks and looked down. "He's gone. I don't think he's coming back either."

Will's head snapped up in confusion. "What?"

"It doesn't matter. See you later."

Y/N walked out and went to the center room, plopping down on a random seat. She saw Penny standing at the counter drinking from a cup and staring at her.

"What's wrong?"

Y/N sighed and sat up as she placed her head in her hands. "It's Will. I feel like he's not telling me something."

Penny smiled and waltzed over to her placing a hand on her shoulder. "Boys are like that sometimes."

"Sure, but I'm pretty sure Will is a bit different. Besides, the robot is missing. I don't know where he is and I need a lot of answers."

Penny chuckled. "Well, I'm going to help Will off of his temporary depression stage. I always know he needs."

"He says he wants to be alone."

"That's what he wants, not what he needs. He needs his best friend and favorite sister."

Y/N smiled slightly when she heard that. "How are you sure you are his favorite?"

Penny shrugged. "It's actually quite obvious."

~~~~~

Smith watched as John loaded the last of their supplies into the Chariot. He climbed in and the doors slowly started to close, after that, him and Maureen drove off.

Earlier, after Will and Y/N had left the room, Smith lied and said that Victor was most likely to give Angela the gun. At first, Maureen and John disagreed before John made a point.

"You'd be surprised of what a man could do for his family," John said.

If you learned, you would be.