Chapter 72

"Y-you like me," Y/N asked surprised.

Will slowly nodded immediately regretting his decision.

Y/N was shocked. She liked Will, a lot, and in the same way. But it was just weird knowing that such a great boy like Will liked her back.

Y/N leaned against the wall and a smile slowly started to form on her face. "I-."

Y/N was interrupted by a loud beeping noise making both of them perk up.

"Airlock unstable. Airlock unstable;" the voice said.

Y/N shot up and grabbed Will, starting to run to the Jupiter but both of them bumped into the robot.

"Danger, Will Robinson, Y/N L/N."

The robot turned away and started walking while Y/N and Will jogged to keep up with the robot's long strides.

They soon came into a hallway that had power and found Penny looking at her nails. "Where were you guys," she asked as she pushed herself off the wall she was leaning on.

"In the hallway. We need to get back to the Jupiter. Come on," Will said as he tried to lead but the robot walking in the opposite direction.

"Danger, friend," he boomed.

"What friend," Y/N asked worriedly.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Danger...friend," the robot repeated as it walked down the hallway.

"What," Will asked.

They were striding along with the robot trying to find out what he meant. Who was this friend?

There was a loud beeping coming from a room in the hallway and a woman came out staring up at the robot, who Y/N recognized as Elise's mom.

"Hurry! They're over here! Don and Ava, they're dying," she exclaimed.

Y/N gasped and looked to the robot while Penny ran into the room in panic. "Oh my gosh!"

"We can't get the door open," Elise's mom explained.

"He can," Will gestured towards the robot.

But...the robot didn't listen. He kept on walking.

"Where is he going," the woman stammered.

"Stop, you passed them," Will yelled.

"Danger...friend," the robot repeated.

Y/N ran to the robot and pulled at his arm. "Come on! They're back there! Hurry!"

The robot merely glanced at her before continuing to walk.

Y/N frowned and Will stood in front of him. "They need you!"

"Danger...friend."

"Will, who is he talking about," Penny asked.

"I-I don't know," Will stopped and looked at his hands.

~~~~~~~~~

"Guys, we shouldn't be in here," Penny whispered.

Y/N brought her finger to her lips telling them to be quiet as she crouched down and slowly followed the robot.

"Shh."

"Increase voltage. It's trying to get out," a man said from behind a pile of boxes.

There was a crackling sound and the robot leaned over the boxes.

"Stay there," the crew member said.

He put a stick inside a familiar cage and the cracking intensified.

The robot got out of his hiding place behind the boxes and appeared in front of the guard.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, no."

Y/N stepped forward but Will grabbed her hand and pulled her back behind the boxes.

The guard heard the heavy footsteps of the robot and got into a fighting position. "Keep your distance. Call for backup," he said to his colleague.

"What's he doing," Will asked.

Y/N shrugged and Penny put a hand on their shoulders.

The robot stepped in front of the cage and looking at the dead looking Scarecrow with sadness in his face.

Scarecrow perched up slightly and the robot tilted his head before he started to glow red, his face changing from the comfortable blue.

"What's he doing?!?"

"No! Robot," Will yelled as Y/N held onto him making sure he wouldn't do something stupid to get himself hurt.

A guard rushed to the robot but he simply just shoved him with his large hand sending the guard to the floor.

"No! Don't hurt them!"

The robot shoved the other guard as well before stepping up to the cage and grabbing the door off causing spark to go everywhere.

Gently, the robot held the weak Scarecrow making Y/N's face soften. Will had also calmed down and Penny was watching in worry.

"Look at Scarecrows lights. I've seen this before."

Y/N frowned before a look of realization etched upon her face.

"Scarecrow...he's dying," she said softly.

"Uh, I think your robot's angry," Penny's voice shook.

Will started to walk forward making Penny worry for the hundredth time that day. "Will. Will. Will..."

"It's okay," he said softly. "Hey. I'm sorry about what happened to your friend. I really am."

The robot looked to Will and his face changed back to blue. He looked down at Scarecrow sadly and turned away.

"Wait..."

Y/N followed him out and signaled for Penny and Will to do the same. "Hey. Where are you going?"

"Will, is he leaving," Penny questioned.

"We need you. You need to help us get home," Will argued.

The robot stopped before tuning back to Will. "No, Will Robinson."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Will, why is he going to the engine room," Y/N asked as they headed in the same direction.

"I really don't know."

The ran into the dark room to see the robot on the platform placing Scarecrow down.

He stepped onto a small platform that had a huge circle with several curled branch-like objects poking out.

"What is he doing?"

"Uh..."

Will squinted his eyes and brought them back to normal. "That ship's broken. You can't fly it."

The robot looked between the two stuck out objects he had his hands out before landing his gaze on Will and Y/N.

"Help...friend."

"I wanna help him too, but we can't right now," Y/N explained. "You have to take the Resolute to Alpha Centauri."

"No. Help friend," the robot argued.

"Oh...so now you're showing me attitude," Y/N sassed.

"You're right," Will turned to Y/N and Penny. "He is different."

Will's eyes flickered to Y/N remembering their conversation before looking back at his sister.

"No. I didn't mean-," Penny started.

"No. All this time...trying to pretend he's still the same. But he's not. Maybe that's a good thing," Will smiled at Y/N after saying the last part.

"I'm not the same as when we met up in that tree."

Y/N smiled. "Yeah. You're different. You've grown. So did he. Why shouldn't he be any different," Y/N nudged his shoulder making him laugh.

"We're connected," he said after his laughter died down. "We are growing up."

Y/N gave him a side hug and Will blushed.