Chapter 64

"I saw what the robot saw," Will places some things in his small backpack and Penny was looking at him with interest.

"I was looking at that hoodoo rock. That hoodoo rock," Will continued.

"So he's been here the whole time," Penny asked.

Y/N nodded and tied her show laced. "Yep."

"Well...is he okay?"

"I don't know," Will looked around for his flashlight before Y/N pointed it out by the counter.

"Thanks," Will smiled.

"I'm glad you're gonna get him. I miss his starry face. How exactly are you gonna find this particular hoodoo?"

Maureen came into the room with her own stuff and she smiled at Penny.

"I cross referenced the data stamp from that photograph to the map surveys of the planet," Maureen placed a rolled up paper on the table.

"And," Y/N asked eagerly.

"And it looks like the robot is about 200 kilometers east of base camp. John will be done working at the well and once we pick him up, we can drive there in about a day."

"Are you, um, sure you don't need me," Penny asked kinda feeling left out.

"Honey, are you worried about being up here all by yourself," Maureen had the wrong idea.

"Without parental supervision? I'll struggle through," Penny said sarcastically but tried to make it look like she was worried.

"You know you have school today," Maureen momed.

"I thought that was a joke," Penny whined.

"You haven't been to school in a year."

"You make us study everyday," Penny argued.

Maureen scoffed and held a playful smile before putting the map in her bag.

"You should be happy for the change of pace."

"Uh, Will's not going to school. Y/N isn't either, and she probably didn't study."

Y/N glared at Penny and Maureen glances back at Penny. "Just stay out of trouble.

Will let out a breath of air and slung his bag over his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~

Y/N, Will and Maureen were all dressed in their black leather space suit. They were now boarding the Jupiter to go to the planet.

"You excited," Y/N asked as the stepped into the strap in.

"Heck yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

Both of them chose a spot together in the middle of the second row and they placed their bags down under their seat.

"Oh. Hey Mr. Adler," Y/N looked up at the man she had just noticed in the room.

"Y/N, we've gone over this. And it applies to you too Will. It's just Ben."

Will looked down and nodded before sitting down in his seat. Only moments later, Maureen came and sat across Will and Y/N.

"Maureen," Alder greeted. "I appreciate you letting me tag along."

"We both know you'd come whether I asked you to or not," Maureen chuckled.

"I would've thought you wanted the back up."

"We're used to doing things our own way," Maureen shrugged slightly.

Alder smiled and went back to whatever he was doing.

"So I've noticed."

"Look, I know what I'm capable of and I know what they're capable of."

"But...you don't know anything about me," Adler stepped closer to Maureen.

(Lmao, I low key ship them for no reason but that weird.)

Y/N sensed the tension between them and winced. Will glanced at them and put on his shoes with the same idea.

"Launch will commence in 30 seconds."

Y/N clenched her jaw and leaned back in her chair. They adults were talking about Will and her as if they weren't there. It not like they were saying anything bad.

Y/N buckled her seat belt when the automated voice said that it was sealing air locks.

"Hey, can you get my tablet for me," Will whispered to Y/N.

She nodded and reached over to grab for the back case. She leaned back and handed it to Will who gave her a warm smile. She loved his smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few hours. Y/N had dosed off. And, uh, so did Will. Will's head was resting on Y/N's shoulder and hers on his. It was quite cute which made Maureen smile about every 10 seconds. The best part was that their hands were interlocked the whole time. They would shift in their sleep from time to time but they never let go of each other's hand.

"He acts so grown up now. I forget how young he looks when he's asleep. He probably thinks that's the only time Y/N wounds be looking so he won't have to man up." Maureen chuckled.

"My kids used to fall asleep whenever we were in the car," Adler mentioned as he stared at the two children.

"You have children," Maureen asked softly.

"Twin boys. A couple years older than them."

"Maybe Penny know them," Maureen suggested.

"They're already on Alpha Centauri with my wife. They were in the fifth colonist group."

The Jupiter bumped slightly making Will open his eyes. He wasn't awake but he wasn't asleep either. He look to Y/N who was snoring softly with her head tilted to the side because Will got up.

He smiled and brushed a hair behind her ear before pulled her onto his side. He wrapped a hand around her waist to make sure she wouldn't fall again before placed his head on top of Y/N's.

Adler and Maureen didn't noticed because they were still wrapped up in their conversation.

"You didn't go with him," Maureen questioned.

"My job requires that I travel back and forth in the Resolute. Usually three months at a time."

"Now you're here," Maureen nodded on understanding. "That's hard."

"Thanks to your son and his friend, I have a hope of seeing him again."

(cries after season 2)

Maureen smiled and looked back at Will and Y/N who were in a different position then when she last looked at them. It made Maureen's heart swell at how much they had cared for each other. It was adorable.

"So its a good thing he passed his test then," Alder was now talking about Maureen's son for he knew a lot about Y/N already.

Maureen looked back at Adler uncomfortably. "Excuse me?"

"His records. They say he had some difficulty with his pre-qualification training. But obviously, he pulled through."

"Y-yes. He did," Maureen stuttered.

Adler raised and eyebrow and Maureen made and excuse.

"It's chilly in here."

That seemed to go through in Adler's head so he let it go and looked away giving Maureen space to think about what actually happened.