Chapter 28

Y/N watched as Penny and Vijay talked and put the packs back in the boxes so they could be moved the the command side of the tent. Y/N chuckled knowing that Penny probably liked Vijay, she just didn't want to tell.
Y/N went back to the Jupiter to help with the last of the work for the day. She went to the emergency boxes for moving to the medical tent. Y/N was picking them up before she heard hushed voices that were arguing. Y/N peaked over the mountain of boxes and saw that it was Dr Smith and Judy who were arguing. She frowned and continued to watch them argue, still not knowing what it was about.
It ended with Judy walking away and Smith smiling. She was lying for whatever reason.

Time Skip

It was done. The light tower was finished and everyone was just waiting to test it out. There was an excited and relieved atmosphere, some chatter here and there.
"The Resolute will be in range in 20 minutes. It will be exciting to rather hear 'We can see you' than 'we are looking for you,'" Hiaroki's daughter said.
"Light it up," Victor Dhar said.
The colonist turned on the battery and the light tower turned on, the light shining very bright. There was a gasp from the crowd as all of them were happy that the tower worked. Y/N smiled and watched as the top beam was getting brighter. Everyone started to applaud and cheer as the light colored their faces.
Will walked over to Y/N, wearing a proud smile.
"It worked," Will laughed.
"Yes, yes it did," Y/N gave a small chuckle as they watched moths fly around the light.
"What are those," Penny asked.
"Bugs. They're positively phototactic," Y/N explained.
"I think you mean positively disgusting."
"As opposed to negatively phototactic," Y/N continued.
"That means they're attracted to light," Will finished.
"Uh Okay. Do you guys want herb chicken or peanut butter?"
Penny bent down and picked up some meals. Will picked up two and said, "I like to mix them."
"Really? Why am I not shocked?"
"I saw you talking to John. Did he freak out or did you, uh, not tell him yet," Y/N asked, taking herb chicken. (Sorry if you are vegetarian, you can pick peanut butter if you want)
Will looked down. "I didn't tell him."
Y/N put her hand on Will's shoulder. "Dude, you have to tell him sooner or later. I saw Penny talking to Vijay too, we might need to confess because I don't know if he'll keep a secret much longer."
Will nodded and took Y/N's hand. "I promise, I'll do it soon."
Y/N smiled and gave a small nod. There was a fluttering noise and Will and Y/N both looked at Penny.
"Don't move," Will said.
Penny was quiet for 3 seconds before she started screaming bloody murder. That got the colonists attention and they all looked to see what all the commotion was about.
"No, no, no, no!"
Vijay came running to them and he put his arms up to try and calm Penny down.
"Your making it worse just hold still," Vijay soothed.
Penny calmed down and started breathing heavily. Y/N put her hand up and the moth jumped on Y/N's finger. Everyone was quiet before Y/N turned and the moth flew wherever.
"See? All better."
There was another silence before Vijay let out a laugh. "Nice hair you look great."
Penny's front side of her hair was messed up soooooooo bad. Will and Vijay chuckled but Y/N held her laugh in knowing that she shouldn't push it.
"Thanks Y/N."
Penny brushed her fingers through her hair and this time, everyone laughed.

Time Skip- 25 minutes

Will and Y/N were still talking and looking at the light. There was a lot to talk about. Will even asked Y/N what she was going to tell him before but she still thought it best that they talked about it later.
"So, when do you think you're gonna tell?"
"Maybe tomorrow. All of us are tired and I don't want him to get worried and not sleep."
Y/N nodded. "Reasonable."
Suddenly, Will and Y/N were pulled aside by a set of hands and they both looked up to see John standing in front of them.
"Where is it," John asked.
"Where's what," Will said.
"Where's the robot."
Will looked at Y/N and stammered, "I- I don't know."
Y/N gave him a 'really' look and Will sighed and glanced in the other direction.
"Why are you lying to me?"
"I'm not! I mean, I didn't mean to. I mean, I didn't want to. I... I just-"
"Will, Y/N, why'd you hide the robot?"
"He was different before," Y/N said softly.
"What are you talking about," John asked.
Will and Y/N looked at each other nervously before looking back at John.
"You know how something happened on the Resolute, and then we all crashed," Y/N said.
"Yeah," John said, maybe even slowly starting to catch on.
"It was because of him," Will finished.
There was an awkward silence as all of them remembered what happened that night, or day. You really can't tell what time it is when you're in space, huh.
"I-we don't know why, but he was there. He hurt some people."
"No, Y/N, Will, people died."
"We know, but, again, he's changed. He saved us, he saved Judy," Y/N said, trying to make a point. "He protected you in that storm. He's good now."
"Did he hurt you guys?"
"We can control him. We made him promise to never to that again."
"Listen, you guys are just kids. You can't control anything."
"Y/N controlled a Jupiter!"
"Not the point, where is it? Where is it?"
Will was crying now and Y/N was just hurt. She grabbed Will's hand and he squeezed it really tight. He was scared for the robot and Y/N was too.
"You know, I thought I raised you better than this," John said to Will. He completely ignored Y/N.
"Is that why you hid it? Because you were worried it was gonna hurt us?"
Will sniffed and looked down at his and Y/N's hands. "No."
He then looked back up at John. "I was afraid of what you would do to him. That's what I thought and Y/N was with me the whole time, because she is my best friend," Will said, looking at Y/N who was just looking down. She couldn't find it in herself to look up.
They were all interrupted by a giant and terrifying roar. Everyone looked around the area, knowing but not knowing what it was.
"What the hell," John said.
Will and Y/N knew what it was, and only the robot could protect them now, but he wasn't here.