Chappy 1 - Past in the Present

It was a cold dark night. The forest had a gentle wind blowing against it. There was a strong chill in the atmosphere. Hot breath was able to be seen in the air when ever one exhaled. The moon was hidden by clouds and no stars were seen. The sky felt... blank.

In your hand, you held another hand. The hand of your brother. Today was his birthday and he just turned seven. He was wearing a green hooded sweater just his size and dirty black pants. His hair was (h/c) and his big, beautiful eyes were green. His hands were cold and small compared to your larger hands.

You were wearing a (f/c) sweater with black pants. Your (h/c) (h/l) hair was down and being gently moved by the wind and your (e/c) eyes pierced through the darkness with no effort.

You looked around, still holding your brother's hand. Then, your eyes landed on a large tree. You walked forward, taking your brother with you. When you both reached the tree, you kneeled down to your brother. Your brother climbed onto your back, held your neck, and squeeze your sides tightly. He's been doing this for so long, he already knew what to do. You stood back up once again and then grabbed onto the tree.

You briefly stopped to test the barks strength. Once you knew it was safe, you grabbed onto it and lifted yourself up. You could immediately feel gravity try to pull you down but you were strong enough to keep both you and your brother up. You began to climb upwards. You continued to climb until you reached a large branch that extended far out and was large enough to support both of your weights. Your brother first climbed off you and sat down on the branch, leaving room for you.

You followed next and sat with your legs extended out with the branch. Your brother climbed onto your lap, rested his head on your chest, and his legs on yours. Your brother closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep. You, however, planned to stay awake to protect your brother from any harm. Also, so you didn't fall off the branch, taking your brother down with. That would be tragic. After all, the only reason you slept in trees was to be safe from wolves and predators of the night, not to fall to death.

You looked down at your brother's head and kissed him. You've always taken care of your brother. Ever since you were his age.

--Flash back--

Your breath was hot as you ran towards your mother's room. You quickly opened the door and watched as she cradled a baby in her arms. When, she saw you burst through the door, her expression grew serious. She stood up with what little strength she had after just giving birth in her bed.

"Y/n." She said falling on her knees after unable to take the pain his her stomach. Well, uterus actually. But, of course, your childish mind didn't understand that sort of thing.

You ran to her and stood next to her.

"Yes, mom?" You asked with worry and fear in your voice.

"I need you to take your brother." Your mother said with tears growing in her eyes.

"Why?" You asked confused as to why she handed you the baby in her arms.

"Your father in coming here, Y/n, and he doesn't like your brother. If he sees him, he might try to hurt him. So, I-I need to to run away with him." Your mother said with tears streaming down her delicate face.

"But mom what about you? Can't you come with me? He might hurt you too." You asked with tears forming and voice growing higher in distress.

"I-I can't, Y/n, I'll slow you down. That's why I need you to go." Your mother said breaking down into tears. She held her face, too ashamed to look up, for the worried eyes of her daughter would haunt her.

There was a loud banging on the door downstairs, alarming both you and your mother. Then, and even louder bang that symbolized the door was broken down. Your mother started to panic. She took something out of the bed sheets and placed it in your hand. It was a 8 inch blade with a black 4 inch handle. A perfect 12 inches of beautiful steel. Why would a mother give this to a child? A child that was holding a baby none the less. Luckily it was a new born baby, light enough to hold both it and a blade. You looked at your mother with worried eyes.