1- Just The Beginning

I woke up to a box being thrown at my face.

"What the hell?" I said and sat up. I saw my brother, Ambrose, standing in the doorway.

"Open it!" he said and he started jumping up and down.

The box was pretty. It was black and had a silver bow on top. On the inside, it was a dark green.

I opened the box to see two chocolate frogs, a scarf, and a letter. I opened up the letter carefully, trying not to rip it.

Ambrose Paxton,

Congratulations on getting accepted into Hogwarts. I know you will do great things. Here you'll see one of Draco's old scarves. He wore it his first year and I hope you'll like it. Also, I put in two chocolate frogs. Give one to your sister.

"Aunt" Narcissa Malfoy

I looked up at Ambrose who was smiling like an idiot.

"It's going to be my first year at hogwarts! Aunt Cissa wanted to give me a congratulations gift!" he said and took out the scarf and tried it on. Narcissa wasn't actually our aunt, but she did treat (and spoil) Ambrose like if he was her own son.

"What do you think?" He asked me, admiring his new Slytherin scarf.

"How do you know you're going to be a slytherin?" I asked.

"You, dad, mom, Draco, Aunt Cissa and Uncle Luci are all slytherins!" He explained.

I really don't think he's slytherin material. I'd hate to burst his bubble but I was supposed to be a hufflepuff. I begged the sorting hat to put me in Slytherin. If I was a hufflepuff, I'd be the laughing stock of my family. A whole disappointment, not that I'm not one already...

"Here," He said and handed me a chocolate frog. He opened the other and it jumped out and hopped around my room. I opened mine and caught it as it was jumping out. I had a lot of experience with chocolate frogs.

"Time to go," My father said while stopping in the doorway and rolling his eyes. He was always mad about something, but no one ever knows why.

I had only just gotten up and now I have to go meet up with the Malfoys before heading to the station. Gross. I didn't exactly like them too much. They were just as rude as my father. I only really liked Narcissa because she always gave me and Ambrose different sweets.

"I'm going to go get ready!" Ambrose said and ran out of my room, and forgot to close my door. I sighed and got up to close it. I walked to the dresser and changed into a black dress and black boots. Not exactly my style, but I like to fit in with my family's aesthetic.

I went to my bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I put my black headband in my brown hair and applied some makeup. I did my eyeliner and mascara, then used some concealer in certain areas of my face. I finished it off with clear lip gloss and I grabbed my school trunk then headed down stairs.

"You're two minutes late getting ready, Evanora," My father said as I entered the living room. I saw my mother wearing a long black dress and Ambrose wearing a suit and tie with his new slytherin scarf. I could tell but his huge smile that he was very excited about it.

We hopped into the fireplace one by one, grabbing floo powder and throwing it down shouting, "Malfoy manor!"

I arrived at the manor to see Narcissa, Lucious, and Draco there to welcome us. My father and Lucious were already speaking. They became best friends in their sixth year and now they work together.

"Hello Evanora," Narcissa smiled at me then walked over to my mother. Finally, Ambrose appeared in the fireplace. I was surprised to see that he could do it.

"Draco!" He said and ran over to Draco. He was a bit odd. He was rude, uncaring, and thinks way too highly of himself. I can't stand him sometimes, even though we grew up together.

"Hi Ambrose!" He said and smiled at my little brother. Ambrose is the only one who makes him smile, besides when he's making fun of people.

"Look I have your scarf!" Ambrose said admiring his scarf once more. He was very hyper this morning. I was hyper on my first day of Hogwarts too.

"I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back!" He said and ran over to the bathroom.

"Are you trying out for the quidditch team this year?" Draco asked me, breaking the awkward silence.

"No, you?" I asked and he just nodded and we went back into silence before Lucious spoke up.

"It's time to get the kids to the station. Let's get going," he said and Ambrose came flying out of the bathroom and he had toilet paper stuck to his shoe. Draco laughed and grabbed the paper and threw it away.

"Thanks," Ambrose laughed and we all left for the station.

When we arrived our parents wished us luck and left. We met up with Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy. 

We all boarded the train and took a compartment close to the back.

"Evanora, you and Blaise can sit somewhere else. I get to sit with Draco," Ambrose said and shooed me out. Blaise laughed and we headed to the compartment right next to it that had one Slytherin girl. I think her name is Daphne.

"Can we sit here?" Blaise asked and the girl nodded.

We sat down and I looked out the window as the train began moving. 

Blaise and Daphne were talking and I just tried to nap.

I woke up with a burning pain on my arm. I looked around the compartment and they left. Probably snogging, judging how Blaise is.

"Ouch!" I said. My arm was really hurting now. I pulled up my sleeve and there it was. The thing my parents have been preparing me for since my first year at Hogwarts. The Dark Mark.

A/N: Thanks for reading the first chapter. luv yall <3 -nessa