34- The Truth

Draco

I didn't kill Harry Potter. I just needed everyone to think that. I met up with Harry after class one day and we came up with this plan together..

<Flashback>

"Potter!" I said, rushing out of the DADA classroom.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry turned and Granger glared at me.

"I need to speak to you. Alone," I said.

"You'll kill him!" Granger said.

"I can handle myself, thanks, Hermione," Harry said and shooed her off.

"What?"

"We need to go somewhere private. Come on," I said and we walked around to find an empty classroom. I stopped at the transfiguration classroom and we went inside. I did a noise-canceling charm then turned to talk to him.

"I need your help," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"What makes you think I'd help you?"

"Because your life's on the line," I said sternly.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"Voldemort wants you dead," I began to explain.

"No kidding. He's been after me since I was a baby."

"I mean he wants me and Evanora to kill you or else he'll kill us. I have a plan where none of us will die."

"Why would I care if you two die?" He questioned and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Because it's either we all live or you die," I pulled out my wand and held it to his neck.

"Fine. Fine. I'm listening," He said.

I lowered my wand and said, "I don't want to kill you. I'm not a bad guy like you think. I'm forced into this. People I love and my family are on the line. I don't want to hurt anyone." I began to feel tears forming in my eyes. I took a deep breath then continued to talk. "After the ball, I'll say the curse, you know which one. It'll seem like I killed you. You can act right?" I asked and he nodded.

"Act dead. Lay on the floor and pretend that you're dead."
"They'll know. When someone tries to pick me up, they'll know," Harry pointed out.

A little cat came by our feet then grew into Professor McGonagall. My eyes widened knowing she had just heard our entire conversation.

"That's where I come in. I can help. I will lift Mr. Potter up and take him with me and I will make sure all the students leave to get to their dormitories so it will seem more realistic. I'm very proud of you, Draco. You're making the right decision with this plan. We might as well be able to stop, You-Know-Who," She said and walked to the door.

"Aren't you going to hear the rest of my plan?" I questioned.

"I have my part. Good luck, boys," She left the room.

"What's the rest?" Harry asked and I told him my plan to defeat Voldemort. The element of surprise.

A/N: Another short chapter, but you guys are almost done!! i just have to rewrite the epilogue and I'm done :) Alsoooo a new book will be coming shortly after this one! Its based off The Cursed Child.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote

-Nessa <3