23- You Mustn't Tell Lies

A/N: Tom Felton x Puppies ^^ 🥺🥺 also, don't worry, this chapter has nothing to do with Umbridge lmao

Evanora 

I woke up at 6:30 am and rushed to get dressed. This is my first year not having to wear a uniform and I was ecstatic.

I looked through my dark clothes and decided to go lighter today. No family or Slytherins to match with the dark aesthetic. Well, there's Draco but he doesn't care.

Thinking of Draco made me remember what he said yesterday.

"I love you."

I thought about it for a moment. Did he really love me or was he just bored? I think he was gonna kiss me but I got nervous and left him. I don't know if I could say it back. I mean, I think he's attractive and I'm starting to see him slowly turning into the sweet boy I knew when I was young. The only difference is he's constantly giving me mischievous smirks and he scowls a lot more.

I shook my head, making him leave my thoughts and I picked out a yellow skirt and a long sleeve white top. I waited for Draco to get out of the bathroom and played with Cookie. I poured some more food and water in her bowls.

He left the bathroom and I immediately passed him to go inside. I didn't even see what he was wearing. I quickly changed after washing my face and brushing my teeth. I wore some eyeliner, mascara, and concealer. I wanted to look good on my first day but I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard.

I put my hair in a low side ponytail that fell on my left side and I lightly curled the ends. Satisfied, I left the bathroom to see that Draco already went downstairs for breakfast. Weird. He normally waits for me.

I put on my boots and grabbed my school bag that Rosalie gave me last night. It was full of school supplies and things I'd need for school. It was a cute light pink bag and I put on a little keychain that had a cat on it.

I walked downstairs and sat down with everyone at the table.

"Are you ready for school?" Rosalie asked us. Me and Damien nodded and Draco just ignored her.

"Draco, are you ready for school?" Rosalie asked. She was sweet but I knew she was not going to put up with Draco's disrespect.

"Yes. Sorry, just a little stressed," Draco replied. I looked at him and he was wearing jeans and a hoodie. Where's his signature black button down and black pants? I sighed and began to eat my waffle.

"Don't you worry about school today, Ava. I'm going to introduce you to my friends and you'll be almost as popular as me," Damien said and I heard Draco scoff.

"Sounds great," I said relieved. At least I didn't have to go out and make my own friends and I wouldn't be trapped with just Draco all day. Things were too awkward between us right now.

After breakfast, we piled into the car and I had Damien sit in the middle this time. He didn't seem to mind but Draco did. He scooted as far away as he could.

"Have you ever heard of deodorant?" Draco asked Damien and I giggled.

"Says Mr. Peppermint Cologne."

"Boys be nice," Rosalie said from the front seat.

I laughed then remembered Draco's scent. I remember how it calmed me while skating. I really put all my trust into him that he would keep me from falling yesterday. I think I was dumb to trust Damien considering he kicked me pretty bad but I guess it's over now.

I started feeling a bit nervous about going to school and meeting new people. I know this sounds weird, but I think I missed Draco's comforting scent. I couldn't describe it but it was oddly calming.