39- Edgar

Evanora

After a few hours of mourning with Narcissa, I grabbed my things from the common room and packed them into my trunk. I took Cookie with me and tried my best not to cry.

The last time I was in this room, he was alive.

I left with my things and went out to meet up with Narcissa.

We left with Ambrose to Malfoy Manor so she could get a few things. She didn't want to stay at home for a while and I didn't blame her.

As she was packing things in her room, I went upstairs to Draco's room.

I immediately broke down crying as soon as I laid in his bed. His scent surrounded me and it comforted me a bit. I already miss him so much already.

I heard a scratch at the window and saw a large black cat with silver eyes looking at me through the window. I opened it and the cat hopped into Draco's bed. The cat purred and rested on my stomach.

Cookie hopped onto the bed and looked at the new cat with confusion.

"What should we name you?" I asked the cat. He purred and stood up and hopped off the bed and onto the nightstand.

"Careful!" I said hoping he wouldn't break anything. He was looking at a picture. He turned his little head to me then back to the picture on the nightstand. He lifted his paw and lightly scratched the photo.

I picked it up and saw it was a picture of me and Draco. I watched as the picture moved and showed Draco kissing my cheek.

A tear fell from my eye and I hugged the picture close. He must have kept it here during the time I just ignored him for something he didn't do. I hate myself for it.

The cat tried scratching the photo again and it fell from my hands and onto the floor.

"Hey!" I yelled and hopped off the bed and lifted it from the floor. The glass from the frame was shattered and a piece of parchment poked out from behind the photo. I looked up at the cat who was looking at me curiously.

Call me crazy, but I think he just nodded at me.

I carefully took the parchment and unfolded it. It was a note. It said:

Evanora,

It's been a month since we broke up.

You stay locked in your room all day and I only see you in our meetings. I miss you so much, baby.

I'm writing this letter because I know you hate me right now and you won't hear me out. In case I never got to tell you, or something happens, I never killed Potter. I just needed you to think I did. I'm so sorry I lied and I'm so sorry I hurt you. I love you so much and I hope one day we could make our way back to each other. We did it once and we can do it again.

I love you.

-Draco

By the time I finished reading, I was sobbing.

"Sissy," I heard Ambrose say in the doorway. I wiped my tears from my eyes and he sat next to me.

"You okay?" He asked me and I shook my head. I rested my head on his shoulder and cried.

Cookie and the strange cat sat down in my lap.

The cat whined and started scratching my stomach.

"Stop it," I said and tried pushing the cat off me but he just came back and kept scratching me.

"I think he's trying to tell you something," Ambrose said and the cat nodded. It literally nodded.

"Woah he nodded! He understands us!" Ambrose said happily and picked up the cat. "You're staying with me," Ambrose said to the cat and the cat tried squirming away from him. "Your name is going to be Edgar because you seem like a smart cat."

"Edgar? Really?" I giggled and he nodded.

"Come on, Sissy. We have to go," He said softly and left the room with Edgar.

I sighed and took my last look at the room. I decided to take some hoodies and shirts from his dresser that smelled like him and I also took some of the pictures he had of us.

I left the room and Cookie followed me.

"Let me get you a bag for all that," Narcissa said as soon as she saw me carrying a pile of Draco's things.

"Is it okay for me to take a few things?" I asked her as I put the stuff into the bag she gave me.

"Of course. Don't worry about it," She replied. She stepped into the fireplace and threw down some floo powder and yelled "The McConnell's!" And she disappeared into the green flame.

Ambrose did the same but before he vanished, Edgar jumped out of his arms and he yelled "Edgar! Evanora bring him!" He vanished and I left Cookie by my things and ran after Edgar. He went up the stairs and into Draco's room.

"Come on, Edgar. I wanna go," I complained and the cat kept dodging me.

"Why are you even in here?" I asked him, knowing he couldn't respond.

I looked around and immediately got sad again. "Can we please just go?" I asked trying to pick up the cat.

He jumped into the closet and somehow vanished.

"What the?" I whispered to myself and seconds later the cat came out holding a white teddy bear.

"I remember this," I said. "I gave this to him when we were six. It was a Christmas present.

Edgar left the bear in my lap then ran out of the room. I ran after him with the teddy bear and when I got downstairs I saw him waiting for me in the fireplace.

Smart cat.

I took a last look around Malfoy Manor knowing I'll never come back here again.

"You ready, guys?" I said to the cats.

"The McConnell House!" I threw down the floo powder and the cats and I were swallowed into the large green flame. Never to come back again.

Once we arrived, Rosalie welcomed me with open arms. Narcissa was already sitting on the couch talking about something with Garry.

I decided to go straight to my old room here. Our old room.

Edgar ran ahead of me and into the room and when I entered, he was already resting on Draco's bed. I immediately felt another wave of sadness hit.

I went over to his bed and sat down.

Edgar noticed and crawled into my lap. I picked him up and held him for comfort. He didn't seem to mine.

Then I realized something. Edgar smelled kind of familiar... like... no... it can't be...

The End 

A/N: OMG THE END!!! Thank you all so much for reading!!! Please read the epilogue AND the author's note after!! (Very important announcement!) Luv you! -Nessa<3