37- Peppermint, Smoke, and Old Parchment

Evanora

*Flashback: 8 years old*

"Drakie, give it back!"  I whined as he stood on top of a chair waving a bag of sweets at me.

"Come get it," He laughed and I narrowed my eyes at him. I stepped onto the chair he was standing on and gripped onto his legs to pull myself up.

"Hey, you're going to knock me down!"
"Quit being a baby!" I replied and stood upon the chair. I snatched my bag of sweets.

"I win!" I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

"I just let you win."
"Sure thing," I smiled and popped a peppermint in my mouth.

*Flashback: 9 years old*

"Drakie! You're not doing it right!" I pushed him aside and rolled the snow into a huge ball. "See? Like that."
"You're brilliant," Draco smiled at me and started rolling the second ball of snow. He messed up, and the ball crumbled.

"Really, Drakie? You're so dumb," I laughed and helped him. We rolled the second ball together, and then the third.

We stacked them up and added a face to the snowman. We used blueberries for the eyes and smile, and a carrot for the nose.

"It looks perfect!" I cheered and Draco smiled. "You're perfect," He said.

"What?"
"Nothing."

*Flashback; 10 years old*

"Draco, hurry!" I yelled from behind him.
"I'm running as fast as I can!" He said and we both tried running as fast as we could back inside.

We ran through the trees and around different obstacles in our path. 

We finally made it to Draco's lawn and I slipped in the mud and face planted on the grass.

"Evanora!" Draco ran over to me and helped me up. He cleaned off the blood that came from my nose. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, but the cookies aren't! Come on!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the house. Immediately, we smelled smoke.

"Draco, Evanora, why do I smell smoke?" 'Aunt' Cissa called from upstairs.

"Don't worry about it, mother!" Draco shouted back and we raced to the kitchen.

I went to open the oven but he pulled me back.

"Wait," He said and grabbed the potholders. "Now go."

I carefully opened the oven and a big gust of smoke came out. We started coughing like crazy.

"Turn off the oven!" I said, gasping for air, as I ran to the window to open it.
Soon, the smoke started going away and we could finally breathe. I used the potholders to pull out the cookies and set them on the counter.

"I think they might be a bit burnt," I said and looked up at him.

"Maybe just a little bit," He laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Your sweater smells like smoke," I said as I pulled away.

"So do you," He pointed out and we laughed together.

*Flashback: 11 years old*

"Draco! We are going to be late!" I said and pounded on his door.

"I'm coming, Evanora. Hold on." He finally opened the door and I burst out laughing.

"What's wrong?"  He questioned and I pointed to his slicked-back hair.