10- Amortentia

I woke up this morning with a headache. I sat up and looked at the clock and groaned. Time for classes.

I quickly put my robes on and I was way too tired to put on makeup, so I just brushed my hair and put in my black headband. I walked over to the dining hall and sat next to Draco

"Morning," he said and was obviously half asleep.

"Happy Monday everyone!" Pansy walked in with a smirk on her face "move it mudblood lover!" She said and pushed me out of my seat. She sat down and I rolled my eyes as I sat down in the seat next to her.

"You're still calling me that?" I questioned.

"Yep," she said and faked a smile and switched her focus to Draco.

After I finished eating I got up and made my way to Slughorn's classroom for Potions class.

When I entered, I put my bag down on my usual spot in the back and I sat down. I put my head down in an attempt to take a short nap but I was interrupted when I heard a loud bang next to me. I looked up to see Draco slamming his back down on the table.

"Did I wake you?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you have to be so loud?" I questioned and put my head back down.

"Good morning everyone! Happy Monday!" Professor Slughorn said at the front of the room.

"Everyone heads off the desks, this is not a lounge," he smiled and I heard some students groan as they sat up.

"Today we will be brewing Amortentia. Does anyone know what this is?" He asked. Granger's hand shot up and she said, "the person who smells the amortentia can smell what attracts them."

"Very good, Miss. Granger," Slughorn responded and Granger was satisfied with herself.

"In your textbooks, you'll find how to brew this potion. Get with your partners. Oh and Draco and Harry, your partners seem to be absent today so you can work together," Slughorn said and Draco scoffed. I giggled and he shot me a glare.

"Shut it," he hissed and walked over to Harry Potter's desk with a scowl on his face. Granger hurried over to Draco's spot and pulled out her textbook.

"The first group to complete the potion will earn a vile of liquid luck... good luck!" Slughorn announced.

"We best hurry. We have to be first," Granger said and flipped to the page in her textbook.

"You retrieve the rose thorn, peppermint and pearl dust. I'll get the other ingredients," she said and I walked over to all the supplies and retrieved them.

When I approached the table, Draco was already there grabbing things he needed.

"I'm gonna beat you and Granger," he said with a cocky expression.

"I'm not so sure about that," I said and quickly grabbed my things and went back to Granger. I didn't care about winning until Draco said he'd beat me. Now I have to win.

"Here. Smash this," she said and handed me some weird thing and I did as I was told.

"Why isn't this working?" She said as she tried breaking up some egg looking thing. I've never done this potion before and I couldn't understand how it could be of any use to me.

"Done!" I heard someone say and I looked up to see Draco and Harry smiling. Harry had more of a 'I did it' kind of smile and Draco just had his usual cocky grin.

"Impossible!" Granger whispered to herself.

"Very well done. Bring up your cauldron," Slughorn said and Harry carries the cauldron up the front of the room. "Everyone gather around," He ordered and we all got up from our seats and made our way up.

"Told ya I'd win," Draco whispered to me.

"Whatever,"I replied.

"One by one come up and tell the class what you smell," Slughorn directed and the students began to form a line. The slytherins pushed the gryffindor's out of the way.

Draco went up first and sniffed it. "Honey, sweets," He sniffed again, "and sweet perfume." He stepped away and I went next.

"Looks like Draco is attracted to honeydukes!" Someone joked.

I smelled the potion and it smelled very familiar. It kind of reminded me of Malfoy manor. "Old parchment, peppermint, and smoke," I said and went back to my seat.

"Hmm peppermint?" Draco whispered and pulled a peppermint candy out of his bag and popped it into his mouth.

"Shut up," I smacked him and he giggled.

After everyone smelled the potion, we were dismissed.

"I really don't want to go to DADA," I complained to Draco who seemed rather excited to go. Probably to make fun of me and Granger with Pansy all of class.

When I entered the classroom, Pansy was already waiting for Draco. They sat together in the back and I really didn't feel like sitting with them again.

"Come sit with us," I turned around to see Granger and Weasly standing behind me.

"You sure?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Hermione says you stood up for her against Snape and you also look like you don't wanna sit with them," Weasly said.

"Oh course Ronald skipped class that day and didn't witness it," Hermione added.

"I don't think I'd like to witness you angry anyways," Weasly responded and I followed them to their spots.

"She really is a mudblood lover," Pansy laughed and Snape walked up to the front of the classroom. Of course he ignored Pansy's rude remarks and began to write something on the chalkboard.

"You will find numerous pages in your textbooks about unforgivable curses. I want a five page essay about the three different kinds of unforgivable curses. Begin," he said and sat down. People took out their parchment and quills and began writing. Hermione was already scribbling down her first paragraph.

"I hate essays," Ron muttered to himself and slowly opened up his textbook.

I pulled out some parchment and my favorite quill and began to write. I already know plenty about unforgivable curses and I will have no problem writing this essay, thanks to my father's preparation classes.

"Don't you need your book?" Ron questioned catching Hermione's attention,

"I know a lot about unforgivable curses," I explained.

"How so?" Hermione questioned.

"I enjoy reading ahead," I lied. She nodded and got back to work.

"Do you think you could help me out?" Weasley whispered to me and I was about to respond when I heard Snape clear his throat.

"No speaking in class Mr. Weasley. 10 points from Gryffindor," Snape said and a bunch of Gryffindors in the room glared at Weasley.

After we were dismissed, he asked me again, "can you help me with the essay since you know so much? Hermione never helps me with any school stuff."

"Sure," I said and smiled.

"Come to the Gryffindor common room tonight after dinner," he said and walked off with Granger.

"No way in hell," I turned around and saw Draco standing behind me.

"What now?" I questioned.

"You are not going to the Gryffindor common room!" He snapped.

"Fine, geez," I said. I was lying of course. He can't tell me what to do. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, with whoever I want.

I followed him to lunch and we sat in silence for a while. He seemed angry and I was afraid to ask why. Once Pansy decided to show up I grabbed my food and went straight to the common to wait for the next class to begin.

"Hey Paxton," I heard someone say as I entered the portrait hole and I wanted to run back out but a pair of very strong arms wouldn't allow it. 

A/N: Two chapters in one night! Enjoy! Vote if you want me to start posting extra chapters here and there between when I normally update :) -nessa <3