4- Best Friend

After Defence against the Dark arts, I had lunch, Herbology, and Charms. At dinner I sat next to Blaise.

"Hey," he said as I sat down. He was sitting with Daphne again.

"Hey. How do you like your classes so far?" I asked, making conversation. I'm so awkward with him. I've had a crush on him since my fourth year. No one knows, of course, not even Ambrose and especially not Draco. 

"They're okay. Haven't had you in a class yet," He joked and I blushed.

"Maybe we'll have some tomorrow," I smiled and heard someone sit next to me. 

"Ugh they make me sick," Pansy said. Great.

"Who?" I asked acting like I was interested.

She pointed down the slytherin table to Draco and that third year from earlier. They were snogging again.

"Ew," I said and looked away.

"I know! Should be me," Pansy complained.

"They should get a room. I'm trying to eat here," I said and I heard Blaise laugh.

"Yo, Malfoy! Paxton says to get a room!" He yelled, interrupting them.

"Shut up!" I shoved him and Draco got up and came over here.

"Do we have a problem, Evanora?" He asked me.

"No."

"We're trying to eat, Draco. You should eat with us!" Pansy said to him and he ignored her and went back to his 3rd year girlfriend. Poor, poor girl.

"What does he see in her anyways," She asked me.

"A free hookup," I muttered quietly. She wasn't supposed to hear but of course her big ass ears hear everything.
"That's it!" She shot up so fast with the biggest (and fake) smile on her face. She ran over to Draco and began talking a mile a minute. He looked over at me and raised his eyebrow and looked back at her and nodded. She smiled and came back.

"I hope you didn't tell him what I said," I said and she laughed.
"He thinks you like him!" She snorted while laughing uncontrollably, getting Blaise's attention. Can she calm down for once?

"You like Malfoy?" He asked and I almost choked on my water.

"Are you kidding? I could never like someone so heartless and annoying. I only hang out with him because my father is obsessed with his father. They are practically dating at this point," I joked and looked over at Draco. He was staring at me and didn't look happy. He actually looked offended.

"Do you think he heard that?" I asked Blaise.

"You were very loud," He pointed out. It was time to go so I grabbed my bag and made my way to the Slytherin common room. I went up the stairs and went straight to the girl's dormitories followed by Pansy.

"You know, Draco thinks it's hilarious that you like him," Pansy said and began laughing again.

"Don't you have a crush on him?" I asked her.

"Well I actually have a chance with him."
"I don't want a chance with him," I responded and left the room. I did not feel like talking to her about Draco any longer.

I walked into the common room to see just Draco sitting by himself and some first years playing wizard's chess.

"Why are you by yourself?" I asked him. He ignored me and opened a book that was next to him and acted as if he was reading. I knew he was faking because he hates reading. He just wanted to look busy so I'd leave him alone.

"Draco?" I asked and sat down next to him on the couch.

"What?" He asked with a harsh tone.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."
"Obviously not," I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear and he glared at me. 

"What's wrong?" I asked and scooted closer. I know he's annoying and I don't particularly like him but he was down and it was the right thing to do.

"You. You're what's wrong," He hissed.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"You're supposed to be my best friend." Best friend?

He had a straight face but I know him too well. I could see a flash of hurt in his eyes. It made me feel sad. I scooted even closer to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"What's this about?" I questioned.

"We both have the," He paused and looked around and began to whisper. "Dark mark."
I shivered thinking about it and looked down at my arm.

"We need to stick together. No matter what," He ordered.

"What do you even mean, Draco? We are here right now in Hogwarts. We're safe."
"I don't mean right now. I mean for whatever happens. I know you don't like me and that I'm so heartless and annoying and you only tolerate me because of our fathers," He began to explain but I cut him off.

"Draco, I-" I started to say while taking my head off his shoulder.

"I thought you liked me," He mumbled.

"Draco, I like you!" I said obviously meaning as a friend. "I'm sorry I said that."
"Don't worry about it," He got up and began heading to the boy's dormitories.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Ambrose is waiting for you outside," He left and I quickly walked to the exit. I immediately saw Ambrose patiently waiting.

"Sissy!" He said and ran over to me and gave me a hug. "I've been waiting forever!"

"Sorry. Me and Draco were having an important conversation."
"About what? Did he tell you?" Ambrose asked enthusiastically.

"Tell me about what?"
"Uhhh," He started stuttering then finally formed his words, "The third year that has a crush on him. It's funny! He doesn't even like her!" He laughed nervously.

"Typical," I muttered and looked over at Ambrose who was still laughing.

"It's not funny. That poor girl is going to get hurt by that," I started saying and realized I actually hurt him the last time I talked bad about him. I looked around making sure he wasn't watching me or something then continued talking, "He's bad news."

"How?"

"He shouldn't treat girls- or anyone the way he does. It's sickening."

"I thought he was your friend."

"He's more like an annoying brother."

"Hey!" He said and I laughed.

"I wasn't talking about you!" I said. "You should head back to your common room. First year's curfew is at 8pm."

"You're right. Good night, Sissy," He said and began walking.

"Goodnight," I replied with a smile and went back into my common room to get into bed.

A/N: Hi! Thanks for 20 views! I know that's not much but I was expecting 0 views. Please remember to vote if you enjoy! Want updates on when I'm going to post? Follow me:)

ps, I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I recently changed my email but it won't let me confirm my new email. (the confirmation email wont send to me). I can't vote, comment, upload (it somehow lets me upload on my phone tho) and make announcements. I sent Wattpad an email, but does anyone have any ideas of what to do??? Thanks! -Nessa <3