6- Worry and Stress

After lunch, I entered the Divination classroom and sat by myself in the back. Once Draco came in, he sat next to me and I just got up and went to the other side of the classroom. We were the only slytherins in the class so I knew he'd be by himself. Good. He deserved it. Professor Trelawney went to the front of the classroom and began to ramble on about palm reading. Normally, I'd give my full attention to this class considering it's one of my favorite subjects, but my arm was burning. I took a quick look around to make sure no one could see and I lifted my sleeve up to see my dark mark moving.

"What the?" I whispered to myself. It hurt so bad I wanted to cry.

I looked over at Draco who was staring at me. If I wasn't in pain, I'd say it was creepy, but I suspect he is having the same issue. Good thing we have the same classes. I now realize our fathers probably requested for us to have the same schedule for this very reason.

"Professor Trelawney?" I said raising the arm that didn't feel like I had a knife going through it.

"Ah yes, you'd like to volunteer!" She came running to me and grabbed my bad arm and stared at my palm. Good thing my sleeve was up...

I winced in pain as she squeezed my arm, right on my mark, and read my palm. I tried my best to hide the fact that I wanted to scream and pull her hand off me.

"I see many things in your future, Miss Paxton," She began to say. "Good and bad things. You have a dark cloud on you, Evanora. Your love will save you from this dark dark cloud. Beware!" She said dramatically. What did she mean? I'd ask but I need to get out of here.

"Professor, I'm not feeling well. May I go to the infirmary?" I said and she nodded.

"Me too!" Draco said and we grabbed our stuff and left the classroom together.

"Draco, I-" I began to say but he covered my mouth and dragged me over to the Slytherin common room. I tried speaking again when we got inside but he shushed me again and pulled my into the boy's dormitory.

"Draco! I can't be in here!" I told him.

"Relax everyone is in class," He said and sat down on what I was assuming was his bead. He patted the spot next to him and I sat down with him.

"It hurts," I said and rolled up my sleeve to reveal the moving dark mark.

"I know," He said and showed me his.

"What does it mean?" I asked.

"It could mean two things. Either he's here, or he wants us to know he's coming," He replied and I shivered. I felt tears coming to my eyes and I let my hair fall in front of my face. I didn't want him to see me cry.

I felt something on my shoulder and looked to see his arm around me. He isn't the best at trying to comfort people, but at least he's trying.

"You okay?" He asked softly. I've never heard him like this. Normally he's harsh and rude but now he's being soft and gentle.

"No. How could I be?" I said and he laid back on the bed. He gestured for me to lay with him and I did. Of course, I left a nice gap between us.

"Talk to me about it," He said while using the same noise-cancelling charm he used on the train.

"At any moment Voldemort could just come here and take us with him. And what would he make us do? We have no idea what we were forced to sign up for. What if he wants us to kill someone or terrorize people?" I said and didn't realize I had started crying.

Draco sat back up and bit his lip.

"You're right. We really don't know. The best we can do right now is keep going with our lives and whatever happens, happens," He said.

"I don't want to live like this! This constant fear and worry is too much for me. It's overwhelming," I said and my voice was cracking. I looked at Draco, he held a straight face and was staring at the way. How is he always so emotionless?

He looked at me and his face slightly softened.

"Come here," He said and opened his arms and scooted over and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back in an attempt to comfort me. I could tell that he felt bad and wasn't sure what to do. I am such a crybaby. How could one of the most powerful dark wizards choose someone like me to be their follower? It's probably my father's fault. He was a death eater along with Draco's father.

I just stayed in his arms for a few moments taking in his scent which was oddly very calming. It smelled like peppermint and Christmas. It didn't even feel weird to hug him. We've grown up together and have never gotten along, but now that we both are stuck with each other because of the dark mark, I could feel us slowly getting closer.

"Aren't you scared?" I asked him and pulled away.

"Yes," He replied and avoided eye contact.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"No," He looked down.

"Draco," I began to say but he cut me off.

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" He yelled and went back to his signature bitch face.

"I'm sorry," I said and played with my fingers not knowing what to do. I didn't want to leave because I wasn't in the mood to be back in class. I have too many things running through my mind and I know I could not pay any attention to what the professor's would teach. I also didn't want to be alone. Draco might not have been the best company to have but it was something and he was the only person I could vent to.

I looked up at him and saw a single tear come out of his eye. His tough guy act was over. I knew he had to be at least somewhat scared or worried for our future.
"Draco," I was about to ask him again to tell me how he feels but he interrupted me again.

"No. I don't want to talk about this, there's nothing we can do. Our lives are over. Might as well just quit school because what's even the point anymore. It's not like we are going to need muggle studies or divination when we are blowing up Hogwarts and killing Harry Potter with Lord Voldemort," He said and his voice was cracking and I could tell he was about to start crying. I turned his face so that he was looking at me and he didn't fight me.

"We'll be okay," I said and I don't truly believe that we'll be okay, but I wanted to help him.

He looked at me for a moment and collapsed into my arms. I held him close as he cried. I tried my best to hold back my tears and be strong so I could make him feel better, but I began to cry again as well. Everything he said was true. Our lives are over.

I ran my fingers through his hair as he stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms.

I felt terrible. I thought that he didn't care or that it didn't bother him. I even suspected for a second that he'd want to do this. I guess Draco is good at covering his emotions and feelings and now I know that there is so much more to him that I need to learn about. He comes off as this tough guy who bullies and doesn't care about anything that happens when he was truly more than that. He was human and had feelings and emotions just like everyone else. He was not an emotionless prick as I thought and I'm starting to learn how soft he could really be.

I rested my head against the headboard of the bed. I was extremely uncomfortable but I looked down to see him sleeping peacefully. No way would I wake him. He seemed more calm and at peace while he slept and I couldn't bring myself to ruin it.

I began to close my eyes and I drifted off to sleep, ignoring how uncomfortable I was.

A/N: Thanks for reading! As I was editing this chapter, I figured out what I wanted for the ending and I'm so excited for you guys to read it!

(btw I'm currently writing chapter 14 so expect steady uploads 3x a week!)

We have a long road ahead and I hope you all stick around :)

Follow and vote!! -Nessa <3