17- Friends Again

Evanora

I sped through the corridors and straight to the boy's bathroom on the lower floor. A few minutes ago, Ambrose told me that Harry and Draco were having a duel in the bathroom. Even though Draco deserved it, I would never wish harm on anyone no matter what. Draco will have his own karma someday but right now I have to save his ass. I saw Professor Mcgonagall in the halls. She held a sad expression after just losing Dumbledore. I had pity for her but I'll have to pay my respects late on.

"Miss Paxton, please walk," She ordered.

"Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy are dueling in the boys bathroom on the lower floor. I'm afraid they'll get seriously hurt," I explained and she nodded and ran off to get help.

I sprinted as quickly as I could and I finally made it into the bathroom.

I passed Harry who was just standing there staring at Draco. Probably waiting for Draco to die. I collapsed on the floor next to him and looked at him.

"Draco!" I yelled as he laid in on the floor covered in blood. "Draco, wake up!" I said as I shook his unconscious body. I looked at him and a few tears fell from my eyes. Even though I hated him, he is all I have right now. I can't do this without him. It's going to be a difficult future with us and I'm not sure how long I will be holding a grudge on him but right now I needed to know he'd make it.

Snape came storming in and yelled, "Move out of my way!"
I stepped back from the scene and watched as Snape did a healing spell on Draco. All the blood disappeared and he woke up. He quickly sat up and Snape left without saying a word. He dragged Harry with him.

I crawled back over to him and said, "Draco? Are you okay?"
He looked at me, lost for words, and just looked around the room.

"Where'd he go?" He asked.

"Snape?"
"Potter. Where did Potter go?" He asked again.

"I-I don't know," I replied.

He began to try to get up but sat back down in pain.

"Careful!" I warned.

"I'm gonna kill him," He muttered and tried getting up again only to fall back down.

"Stop it!" I said and tried holding him down. "I'm going to try to get some help to carry you to the infirmary. Stay here," I said but he grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me leave.

"How did you know I was here?" He questioned and avoided eye contact.

"Ambrose warned me. I guess he was nearby but was too scared to come in here himself. Then I told Professor Mcgonagall who told Snape," I explained.

He looked at me in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"Why'd you get help? I thought you hated me now," He said and stared into my eyes. His eyes had changed. He wasn't being rude, selfish, or mean. He looked scared. I could see fear and sadness in his eyes along with guilt.

"Because I can't just let you die!" I exclaimed. "You're all I have."

He looked at me and gave me a half smile. "Thank you," he said.

He looked at me for a moment then just broke down crying out of nowhere.

"Draco?" I questioned. He put his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. My heart melted for him as I heard him sob. Even though I hated him right now for the bad things he's done, part of me still cared for him.