33- Family Meeting

Evanora

Cookie, what are we going to do?" I said to the kitten then heard a knock on the door.

"Go away," I said but the door opened.

"Come downstairs, Evanora. Family meeting," Narcissa said then left.

I set Cookie on one of my pillows then headed downstairs into the dining room. Everyone sat at a long table and by everyone I mean death eaters and Voldemort.

I cringed at the sight of Bellatrix Lestrange. The woman who stole my parents from me. I could never forgive her.

I made my way to the last empty chair that was next to Draco. When I sat down he moved his hand to my thigh but I swatted it away.

"Hello everyone. I have exciting news. Harry Potter is dead!" He said and the whole table started laughing. All but me and Draco. I felt tears forming in my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

"We have Draco to thank for that!" Bellatrix laughed and cheered. Draco stayed silent.

"Come on Draco, show some excitement!" Bellatrix said.

"Just still processing. It's not every day you get to kill the boy who lived," Draco said shyly. He makes me sick.

I stood up from the table and began to wall away.

"Evanora Paxton, where are you going?" Voldemort asked.

I turned around and said, "quick bathroom break. I'll be back."

I left and found the bathroom. I finally got to release the tears that have been filling my eyes. I'm surprised I was able to hold them back. I put a noise-canceling charm on the bathroom and just sat on the floor and cried for several minutes.

I heard a knock on the door and I wiped my tears before opening it. I saw Draco standing there, then I went to close the door again but he put his foot in the doorway, stopping me.

"Leave me alone. I don't want to see you," I said.

I took a deep breath then said, "They want you to come back."

He took his foot out from the door then left. I waited a second then sat back down at the table.

"I was thinking we could just go right now!" Bellatrix complained. What did I miss?

"It wouldn't make sense to do it now! The year is just about over," another death eater whom I didn't know the name of said.

"Their lives are just about over!" Bellatrix joked.

"Silence!" Voldemort ordered and the entire table went silent.

"We will go next year. Right now their guard is up. We will strike in September," he said and everyone nodded.

"Why do we need to start a war? Harry Potter is already dead," one death eater complained.

"Arvada Kedavra," Voldemort said without hesitation and killed him. I grabbed Draco's hand out of habit then let go immediately.

"Anyone who questions me earns the same fate. Got it?" Voldemort said and everyone started frantically nodding. "Good. You may leave."

I stood up and ran straight up to my room.

"Evanora!" Draco started calling as he chased me up the stairs. I made it into my room and locked the door behind me.

"Evanora, please," he said through the door. "Alohamora," he said and the door opened.

"Get out!" I yelled and threw a pillow at him. He caught it and closed the door behind him.

"I'm still the same Draco. Please-"

"Yeah. You are the same. I was a fool to think you changed! You are just a rude and selfish bully!" I cried and smacked him in the face.

"It's fine, trust me," he said.

"Trust you? I did trust you! No wonder you were so giddy all day. You were excited to kill him," I said and he paused. He looked at me with regret.

"Because I figured out a way to not get us killed!" He argued.

"I'd rather be killed than to kill. You know this. You even promised you wouldn't do it."

"What about me? I would have died too."

"That just shows what kind of person you are! Selfish!" I yelled and he tried calming me down. He pulled me into my arms as I cried. I didn't stop him because I knew I was making my ugly crying face and I didn't want him to see.

"Shh," He said and rubbed my back.

"I'm done with you," I said, making my decision to break up with him.

"What do you mean?" He asked as I pulled away.

"I can't be with you anymore. You are a selfish murderer and a liar. Now leave," I ordered.

"Evanora, please," He whispered.

"Leave."

A/N: Sorry for the small chapter. Chapters from here on out are gonna be kinda small so I might post 2 at a time :)

thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote! Love ya

-nessa <3