20- Christmas Eve

Evanora

We changed out of our wet coats and took turns changing in the bathroom. I put on a long sleeve short with some sweatpants and Draco had on some pants with a black shirt.

We sat down at the table and the food smelled delicious.

"I hope you like Turkey," Rosalie said as she set down our plates. The plates had turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn.

"I love turkey," I smiled at her.

"It's a tradition to have turkey on Christmas Eve in our family," Gary explained. I completely forgot it was Christmas Eve!

When me and Draco were kids, our families would always have Christmas Eve dinner together. They would alternate which house we went to every year.

<Flashback>

"When can we open presents?" Ten year old Draco asked his mother.

"In a few minutes. We just finished eating, Draco," She responded and continued to talk to my mum.

"Do you want to do something fun?" He asked me.

"Like what?"

"What if we put the gravy in her wine glass," Mischievous Draco said.

"No! Draco, that's not right! We'll get in trouble!" Ten year old me warned.

"It's fine, watch," He said and got the gravy bowl and poured some into his mother's wine. I looked over to his father who was staring him down.

'I knew he'd get in trouble,' I thought to myself.

Draco's mum grabbed the glass and took a sip. Her eyes widened and she looked right at Draco.
"Draco! No presents for you. You can wait until tomorrow!" She barked and stood up to go get a new glass. I was giggling away.
Draco sighed in defeat and left the table. I followed.

"I told you so!" I laughed at him.

"Whatever," He responded and looked away.

"Don't be sad, Drakie!" I said. Yes, I used to call him Drakie...

I gave him a big hug to make him happy again and when I pulled away he was smiling away as usual.

I missed that smile. He's been mostly gloom and doom since the end of our fifth year at Hogwarts. Occasionally, he'd smile once in a while at me or when he's making fun of Harry, but other than that, he's just not as happy as he used to be.

<End of Flashback>

"Dad, pass the gravy," Damien said and Gary handed him a little bowl and he poured some on his mashed potatoes.

"Want some?" He asked and I nodded. He poured some on my mashed potatoes then set the little bowl down.

"After dinner we will be watching some Christmas movies," Rosalie said happily.

"What's a movie?" Draco asked and Damien laughed. I remember talking about movies in Muggle Studies, but of course Draco wasn't paying attention.

"You'll see," Damien said and we sat and ate.

"After the break, you will be attending high school. Your mothers suggested going by a new name so you couldn't be tracked by some bad person. I don't remember what his name was, but what name would you guys like to be called?" Rosalie asked.

I thought about nicknames. Nora would be too obvious. Eva is still obvious.

"Ava!" I said.

"How about you, Draco?" Rosalie asked and Draco just sat there thinking for a while.

"What about Drake?" I asked.

"Isn't that obvious?" Draco asked.

"Well your last name will be McConnell for now so Drake McConnell is a lot different than Draco Malfoy," Garry explained.

"Fine then. Drake it is," Draco sighed. I could tell he didn't really like his new name.

After dinner we went into a room with a couch and comfy chairs.

"Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman?" Damien asked while he held up these two book looking things. We've learned about these. They are called CDs or something...

I recognized the deer with the red nose on the one he said was Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and pointed at that one. He smiled at me nodded, before going to the big black box. I recognized it as a television. I'm so glad I took Muggle Studies this year. If I hadn't, I would be just as clueless as Draco. 

"Here's the popcorn!" Rosalie said and handed each of us a bowl of popcorn. Damien turned on the television and put the CD in and the movie started. This is my first ever movie. We don't have movies in the wizard world.

I sat on the couch next to Draco. We had some distance between us but that was fine because I knew his scent would distract me. It can't believe my amortentia smells like him. What could that mean?
I snapped out of my thoughts when Damien sat right next to me. He was a little too close for someone who I just met that day so I felt uncomfortable.
I looked over at Draco who was glaring at Damien. When he saw me looking at him he gave me a half smile and picked me up and sat me down right next to him. Then he put his arm around me and glared at Damien who had a scowl on his face.

"Thanks," I whispered to Draco and he nodded.

The movie started and it was pretty cute. It was about this little reindeer who had a red nose that would light up and he was an outcast. I also found out who the man in the red suit and the long white beard is, Santa Claus.

I was getting pretty cold during the movie and I cuddled up to Draco for warmth. It wasn't really as awkward as I thought it would be and he didn't seem to mind. I was actually pretty comfortable in his arms.

"Are you cold?" He whispered and I nodded. He pulled a blanket that was on the other side of him and put it over us.

"Better?" He asked and I smiled and nodded at him.

After the movie, I found myself falling asleep.

"What did you guys think of the movie?" Rosalie asked.

"It was cute!" I said.

"It was alright," Draco said.

"Good. Now head to bed, tomorrow's Christmas!" Rosalie said and she left with Garry. Damien took out the CD and turned off the television.

"Goodnight guys. See you tomorrow, Ava," He said and ran up the stairs.

I did not feel like getting up. I sighed and started to push myself off the couch until Draco scooped me up in his arms.

"Don't worry about walking, I got you," He said and carried me up the stairs.

"Thanks, Draco," I whispered and he set me down under the covers of my bed.

"Goodnight, sleepy head," He laughed as I was already falling asleep.

"Goodnight," I said and he turned off the light and got into his bed. Seconds later, I fell asleep.

A/N: I finally finished writing the entire book !! Chapter count reveal: 39 + Epilogue!! Can't wait for you guys to read it :) Have an amazing day! -nessa<3