19- A Familiar Scent

Evanora

We arrived at a similar, but smaller cemetery. The ground was covered in snow.

"We made it," I said and looked around. Draco was already trying to figure out where we needed to go.

"I think that's the neighborhood," he said and pointed towards a neighborhood called 'Oak Ridge'.

"Let's go then," I said and he grabbed my hand and we walked. I looked at our hands then looked up at Draco with a confused expression.

"What?" He said, completely unbothered. I decided to just ignore it. It didn't really bother me anyways. Besides, it made me feel safer in an unknown place.

We walked into the neighborhood and I saw all the pretty houses. They had lights and decorations on them. It was beautiful. In the wizard world, we don't decorate the outside of our homes much, but here they have all kinds of decorations. One house had a big statue of a man in red with a red hat holding a sack. I wondered what that was.

"Evanora and Draco? " Someone called out and we looked at a house with red and green lights and a snowman out front.

"Who are you?" Draco asked. He probably wanted to make sure they were the right people.

"I'm Rosalie and this is my husband, Garry," The woman said.

"We are the McConnells. We'll be taking care of you two," Garry said.

I looked at Draco who nodded and we followed the McConnells into the house.

When we walked in, there was a rather tall boy who was about our age. He had dark black hair and light green eyes.

"This is our son, Damien," Rosalie said and smiled at us.

"So how was it in the wizard world? My sister was a witch," Garry asked.

"It alright," I replied and he nodded.

"Why are you even here?" Damien asked us and looked me up and down.

"They are staying with us for a bit, dear," Rosalie explained.

"Whatever," he left and went upstairs.

"I hope you two don't mind sharing a room. Your mother said you two are close so I hope that's fine," Rosalie said and she brought out a tray of cookies.

"That's okay," I replied and Draco stayed silent.

"I made these this morning for you guys," she smiled and handed up the tray. "Go on up. It's the first door to your right. Take your things and the cookies with you," She smiled. I felt a little awkward, but they seemed pretty sweet.

"Do you need any help?" Garry asked.

"No," Draco replied and pulled out his wand to try to make his trunk float to the room.

"Draco! No magic!" I ordered and snatched his wand.

"Sorry," he replied and picked up his things and we went upstairs.

We went in the first room on our right just like Rosalie said. It was a cute room. Half of it was blue and the other was light pink. On the walls, they had letters that spelt out our names. The pink said 'Evanora' and the blue said 'Draco'.

"Bloody hell," Draco muttered as he looked around the room.

"I think it's cute," I smiled at the muggle decorations. It was totally different than at home.

"Of course you do," he said looking at our beds. We had two single beds on opposite sides of the window. There were these lights that looked like the ones outside but in white hanging around the window.