31- Back at Hogwarts

Evanora 

"So Mum and Dad are... dead," Ambrose said and tears fell from his eyes. He looked as if his whole world just crashed and I didn't blame him. He had no idea. I just wish he didn't have to be involved in this life.

I nodded and he got up and came to our side of the compartment. He hugged me and Draco had his arm around us.

"I don't understand. What happened?" He asked. It pained me to answer this question, but he deserved answers.

"They were killed by Bellatrix Lestrange. The death eater," I said, trying to hold back my tears. I needed to stay strong for him.

"Death eater? You mean Voldemort is here?" He questioned.

"Yes."

"Why? I don't understand," he said and looked up at us. "What are you not telling me?"

"We're death eaters," Draco blurted out. My heart sank when I saw my brother's face. He looked hurt. I lied to him about my life for too long and I hate that he had to find out in this way.

"Draco!" I yelled.

"He has to know! Look at him! He's so confused!"

"You're making it worse!" I argued.

"Tell me what's going on!" Ambrose roared. I haven't heard him yell like that in a long time. I turned to look at him and he shifted in his seat. His arms were crossed in front of his chest and he looked at me in anticipation.

"Evanora, tell him," Draco ordered and I nodded.

"Fine. Draco and I both have dark marks. That means we have to do what the Dark Lord asks or else we'll die," I explained and lifted up my sleeve to show him.

"And you didn't tell me? I'm your brother," he said and his voice cracked.

"I'm sorry, Ambrose. It was to protect you."

"No. Now Mum and Dad are dead and I had no idea. This is all your fault!" He cried and left the compartment slamming the compartment door behind him.

I looked down and wiped a tear from my eye.

"It's not your fault, Love. Just let him go, he'll come around again. He's just upset," Draco tried comforting me by pulling me into his lap. "Go to sleep. You need to rest," he said and I let myself fall asleep in his arms.

An hour later...

"Darling, it's time to wake up," I heard a soft whisper and slowly opened my eyes to see Draco. "We need to get into our robes. We're almost there," he whispered, playing with my hair.

I got up and pulled out my robes. "Close your eyes," I ordered and he snickered and respectfully covered his eyes.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," he laughed.

"Well, you don't get to see it right now," I laughed and stripped off my dress.

"Why not?" He whined.

"Because I said so," I slipped on my white button-down shirt and my black skirt.

"Find. Whatever you say, Princess," he said and waited patiently.

"You can look now," I said and kissed his forehead.

"You're such a tease. You know that?" He said, taking his hands from his eyes.

"Thank you," I laughed then put on my tie and tied it. Then I put on my robes.

"It wasn't a compliment. But if you want one, I must say you look gorgeous," he smiled and pecked my cheek.