16- A Murder

Evanora

I woke up and went over to breakfast as usual but this time I'm not as happy as before. Before Draco told me that we had to leave and we weren't coming back, I would practically skip down the halls to breakfast to meet up with my friends. Now, I'm dragging. I have to fake a smile so they wont suspect anything. I have to just pretend everything is fine because I can't tell them anything about this.

I know before I leave I have to break up with Ron. It's going to be so difficult, but I need to keep him safe and I don't want him to be waiting for me after the holiday.

When I arrived at the table I sat down but I didn't eat.

"You okay?" Ron asked and rubbed my back.

"I'm good. I'm just not hungry this morning," I said with a smile.

"Okay," he kissed my cheek and went back to eating. He didn't suspect a thing.

I looked over my shoulder to the Slytherin table and looked at Draco. He wasn't eating either. He was drenched in sweat and he was practically pulling out his hair.

"Draco what's your problem?" I heard someone ask him.

"None of your business!" He yelled and stormed out of the dining hall.

I got up to go follow him but someone tugged on my robes and I turned to see a confused Ron.

"I'm going to go get some studying in. I'll be back soon," I kissed his forehead and left. I didn't know which place Draco went so I just guessed and took a left.

I arrived by the room of requirement and it opened for me. Maybe he's in there, I thought to myself. When I walked in I saw Draco by this large cabinet thing.

"What the?" I whispered to myself and it swung open on its own. I hid behind a bookshelf and peeked my head out to see what he was doing. He actually looked scared.

I heard roars of laughter and a woman I didn't think I'd have to see for a long time came out of the cabinet. Bellatrix Lestrange.

"You did it! We are so proud!" She laughed and a few other death eaters followed her. I could recognize some of them, but I didn't know their names yet. I didn't want to.

"Nice work," a tall man in the group said. Draco stood in silence and fear.

"Where's the girl?" Bellatrix asked while skipping around the room. Was she asking about me?

"I-I didn't need her help with this. I did this on my own," Draco stuttered.

"No wonder it took so long!" She laughed. "Is she even useful? If she isn't, I'd be happy to kill her off for you, Draco," she said and my heart dropped. Would he let her kill me?

"No no she's useful. Evanora is very useful. I just didn't ask her to help me because I wanted to impress the Dark Lord," Draco said. Of course he doesn't let me help him and risk getting me killed so he can impress Voldemort. Now I know he wants to be in this. He wants this life and I despised him for it.

"Oh, Draco making good first impressions I see! Come give your auntie a hug," Bellatrix said and pulled Draco into an uncomfortable looking hug.

"Come one darling we have things to do!" Bellatrix began to skip out of the room followed by Draco and the other death eaters.

I sat there for a moment so I knew they were gone, then I left for the common room. No way I was going to go to my classes today.

I sat in my bed and thought about what they could be doing. Should I stay in bed or should I try to find out?