12- Scary Kitty

After I woke up and got ready for the day, I headed over to the great hall for breakfast. I carried Weasley's scarf with me so I could give it to him.

When I walked in, I passed the Slytherin table and made my way to the Gryffindor table.

"Paxton? Where are you going?" I heard Pansy call out but I ignored her. It wasn't like she cared anyways. She was just nosey.

I approached Weasley who was sitting with Granger, Potter, Longbottom, and some other boy I didn't recognize. I also saw Weasley's little sister sitting by Potter.

"Hey," I said and they all looked at me. Most of them looked confused as to why I was there, but Weasley just smiled.

"I forgot to give this back to you," I mumbled to Weasley. I hated that everyone else was just staring at me. It made me feel a bit nervous.

"Oh thanks!" Weasley said and put it in his lap. "You should sit with us," he smiled and everyone switched their stares to Weasley.

Confused, I sat down next to him.

"How's your morning?" He asked.

"Good. You?" I asked. This was odd. I turned around and saw a bunch of Slytherins staring at me. I turned back around and tried my best to ignore the feeling of being watched.

"Why is she here?" I heard Longbottom whisper to Granger.

"She's friends with Ron now, I suppose," she responded.

"Are you going to eat anything?" Weasley asked me while taking a bite of a brownie. I nodded and grabbed a pastry.

"These are so good," he said, reaching for another brownie. And another.

"Save the brownies for us too, Ron!" Longbottom laughed and I giggled. Weasley rolled his eyes and he decided to try a pastry.

"So how's your year so far?" He said with his mouth full.

"It's been alright, I guess. How's yours?" I asked.

"It's just like every year, honestly," he said. And grabbed another pastry. Damn this kid can eat. I haven't even finished my first pastry.

"So what do you like to do for fun?" He asked.

"I play wizard's chess sometimes with my little brother. I read too."

"I love wizard's chess. We should play sometime."

"Sure," I smiled and he nodded.

I looked at everyone sitting around us. Weasley's little sister was happily talking with Potter. Granger was reading and Longbottom was talking to some other kid. Everyone here seemed pretty happy. Everyone at the Slytherin table is always in a mood.

"What are you thinking about?" Weasley asked and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Nothing," I responded and he shrugged.

After breakfast he walked with me to my next class. He was talking on and on about something funny Potter did last night after I left.

I laughed with him and I waved goodbye as he went to his next class.

I felt someone grab my arm softly and pull me to the side.

"What the bloody hell are you doing," Draco said, still gripping my arm.

"Making new friends."

"You two look like you're dating. I wouldn't want to be seen with him if I were you."