32-Dancing to Death

A month later...

Evanora 

It's been a whole month since we've been back at Hogwarts. It's been a month since my parents were murdered right in front of me.

This entire month, Draco has been running around doing God knows what and he won't tell me anything. He says things like "I'm keeping you out of it to protect you." "Enjoy your classes, I'll do all the Voldemort things." Blah blah blah. I have no idea what he's up to or what Voldemort is making him do. The only thing I know is that we both agreed to not complete the task of killing Harry Potter.

Draco's also been pretty stressed. Since we got back, he's been more short-tempered and rude. When we lived with the McConnells, he was more relaxed and at ease. I missed it when he was like that. It hurts me to see him so stressed out when I can't even help him because he shuts me out.

On the bright side, Ambrose forgave me and he apologized for blaming me for our parents' death, even though I knew deep down it was. He caved from holding a grudge only a week after he yelled at me. He also said that if I needed any help, he'd be willing to give me a hand. Of course, I would never let him into anything Death Eater related. He was far too young and it was too dangerous for an 11-year-old.

I woke up late this morning and headed straight for Potions class with Professor Slughorn. I sat right next to Draco who was eating a cookie.

"Good morning, Drakie," I said and pecked his cheek.

"Good morning, my love," He smiled at me then switched his focus back onto his cookie. "Where were you at breakfast?" He questioned.

"I woke up too late. I didn't have time so I came straight here," I explained.

"Here," He handed me the rest of his cookie and pulled out a candy bar from his robe pockets.

"Do you really just carry sweets around?" I questioned and took a bite from the cookie.

"Well you get hungry a lot so I like to keep emergency snacks on hand. Right now is a perfect example," He smirked and Slughorn got in front of the class.

"Goodmorning, class," He smiled. "We will begin an in-class project. You will be working with the student next to you. Pick a potion from the list on the chalkboard and start writing a collaborative paper due by the end of class. Tomorrow you will brew it. Begin!" He instructed.

"Seems easy enough," I said to myself.

"Okay Ms. Smartypants," Draco smiled.

"Someone's finally in a good mood. What happened?"
"I finally figured out a plan," He said, satisfied.

"You did? What is it?" I asked.

"I can't. It won't work if you know. Leave it to me," He said and pulled out some parchment and a quill.

"Draco! You have to tell me!" I whined.

"Do you trust me?" Be asked and looked into my eyes. He held a serious expression on his face.

"Of course I trust you, but-"
"Then leave it to me. I've got this, Baby," He beamed.

"Fine," I sighed and pulled the parchment in front of me.

"What about love potions?" He asked.

"That sounds easy," I said and wrote "Love Potions" at the top of the parchment.

I pulled out my textbook and began to read.

"Psst," Draco whispered.

"Yes?"
"Let's skip school for the rest of the day," He whispered.