18- The Portkey

Two weeks later

Evanora

I finished packing my things into my trunk and left it on my bed. Most students just pack a few things they needed for the break, but I had to pack everything since I was never coming back.

"Why are you taking so much stuff?" Pansy questioned as Clara was packing Pansy's things for her.

"I'm leaving Hogwarts," I explained.

"Good," she responded and left the room. Little does she know that her precious Draco is leaving as well.

After packing, I left my trunk on my bed and went to go eat. For the past two weeks, me and Draco just grab food and eat in the common room. All my Gryffindor friends hated me and Blaise started sitting at the Slytherin table again and I really didn't want to be around him. I told Draco that he didn't have to eat with me but I guess he didn't mind.

We completely made up after hating each other for two months and he forgave me for thinking he was a murderer. I also told him about how I watched all the death eaters come out of that cabinet and what they talked about. He apologized for not telling me about it sooner and explained how the cabinet worked. It was a vanishing cabinet. You put something (or someone) inside and they come out through another cabinet. Voldemort asked him to repair it so the death eaters could help Draco kill Dumbledoor. He was thankful that Snape stepped in so he wouldn't have to do it.

I walked in the dining hall and grabbed a breakfast sandwich off the Slytherin table and headed back to the common room. Draco was already eating.

"All packed?" He asked as I sat down. I nodded.

"Did you say your goodbyes?" He asked.

"To what friends?"

"Well Ambrose is staying here. He knows we aren't coming back and he's pretty upset," Draco told me.

"I will. We'll see him eventually, right?" I said.

"We don't know that," He responded. He was right. What if we were found in the muggle world? Voldemort would kill us on the spot.

"I didn't mean to make you upset. It's just something we need to take into consideration," He said and rubbed my back.

"It's fine. He'll sit with us on the train. He's going home for the holiday anyways," I said. I was sad we were leaving him behind, but we can't let him get caught up in this. If we are found, Ambrose could get killed and I can't let that happen. I have to keep him safe. Always.

"My mother wrote to me again. She said the story is that we ran away together. She told Professor Mcgonagall to tell a silly story that the two of us fell in love so the death eaters would just think we were escaping so we'd be a couple," He laughed weirdly.

"Your mother came up with that?" I questioned.

"Well really my mother said yours did."
"I figured," I said and rolled my eyes. My mother always tried to get me to get with Draco. I have no idea why. Why would I date him? I looked over at him as he ate. He looked like he was lost in thought. Now that I think about it, his eyes are really pretty and his hair falls perfectly. He has a perfect facial structure and he is actually well proportioned. I guess I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him attractive, because I do.

I think he thought of something funny because he started smiling out of nowhere. It wasn't his devil smirk, it was a genuine smile. I liked this smile.

"You're staring at me," He said and looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"No I wasn't," I said and looked down at my food.