2- The Sorting Hat

I stood up and went to Draco's compartment.

"Can we talk?" I asked. Even though me and him have never really gotten along, he was the only one I could talk to about this.

"Sure," he nodded and came with me to my compartment.

"If you want to snog like Blaise is doing in the other compartment, just ask," he smirked.

"Ew! Cut it out, this is important!" I smacked him and he laughed. He's so annoying.

"What's up?" He asked.

"It came," I whispered. His face fell. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Hold on," he said and used a noise cancelling charm on the walls and door of the compartment so no one could hear.

He looked back over at me and I lifted up my sleeve to show him. He did the same.

"You have it too?" I asked.

"Two weeks ago."

"And you didn't tell me? Draco!" I yelled at him.

"I didn't think you'd get it so I didn't want to worry you by telling you about it and you freaking out thinking you're gonna get it," he said and looked out the window. He knew me too well. Since we've started at Hogwarts, every little thing Lord Voldemort would do to try to get to Harry, freaked me out thinking he'd come after us. I always talked to Draco about it. He doesn't have good advice or anything, he's just the only one who understands considering we're in the same boat.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Wait."

"Wait for what?"

"Him," he looked at me then looked back out.

"Has he communicated with you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Draco!" I said. I was annoyed that he would never talk to me about this.

"Don't worry about it. Worry about yourself," he said and left me alone in my compartment.

We were almost at Hogwarts, so I quickly put on my Slytherin uniform. Blaise and Daphne finally came back.

"You all took long enough. were you two snogging?"I joked, covering up my worry and stress.

"Maybe," Blaise said and sat next to me and Daphne on the other side.

"How was your summer?" He asked.

"Good. Yours?"

"Good."

After our awkward small talk we ended up at the school. I grabbed my trunk and exited the train.

"Evanora," I heard and saw Draco exciting the train.

"Stay with me," he said. Ugh great, my favorite.

We sat on a carriage with Blaise and Daphne who already started snogging.

Draco rolled his eyes and told them to cut it out.

"You're just jealous because you want to snog me," Blaise said jokingly, causing me to laugh. Draco rolled his eyes once more and looked the other way. He got annoyed way too easily. We finally arrived and I put my things on the huge magical cart that was taking all of the students things. We entered the castle and headed to the slytherin table. I sat between Draco and Blaise. Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, and Daphne sat with us.

"What were you two doing on the train?" Pansy asked me and Draco as soon as she sat down. She had a huge crush on Draco. She was partially obsessed about him, but he didn't seem too interested in her.

"None of your business," Draco said.

"Probably snogging," Crabbe said and Goyle laughed.

"We were not!" I said and gagged at the thought of snogging Draco. Gross.

"Please welcome the first year students," Professor Dumbledoor said and the first years began walking in.

I spotted Ambrose who was waving at us excitingly.

"You all know there are four houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin," Dumbledoor said, pausing between each house so they can cheer.

"Professor Mcgonagall will begin to call you up," he left the podium and Professor Mcgonagall began saying names.

"Ambrose Paxton," she said and Ambrose eagerly sat in the stool and Mcgonagall set the hat on his head. I could tell he was mumbling to the hat but I obviously couldn't hear him due to how far away I was.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" The hat yelled. I knew he'd get Hufflepuff. In my first year, I was supposed to be a Hufflepuff but I begged the sorting hat to put me in Slytherin.

<Flashback>

"Draco Malfoy," Professor Mcgonagall called and Draco went to the stool. The hat wasn't even on him for a second when it yelled "SLYTHERIN" and a table of students with green ties stood up and cheered.

"Evanora Paxton," She called and I slowly walked up and the hat was placed on my head.

"Ah very loyal, yes. Sweet and caring. A hint of patience. Very friendly. I believe you'd do well in Hufflepuff...." He was saying.

"I can't be in Hufflepuff! Please! My father would shame me!"I complained.

"If not Hufflepuff puff, then where else? I could see you as a Ravenclaw..."

"Slytherin. Please!" I asked.

"Slytherin?" He questioned. "Fine then."

"SLYTHERIN!" He yelled and I went to go sit with Draco at the Slytherin table.

<end of flashback>

I looked at Ambrose's face as the Hufflepuff table cheered. He was shocked. He slowly walked over to the Hufflepuff table and sat with the first years.

"Your brother is a pathetic Hufflepuff. Wow," Pansy said and laughed.

"Leave him alone," I said and began eating. Afterwards, I went to the Slytherin common room and went to my bed.

"Draco wants you," Pansy said with a rude attitude and left the room. I left the girl's dormitory to see Draco waiting for me. Without speaking, he turned around and I followed him outside of the Slytherin common room to see Ambrose waiting for us patiently.

"Hey," I said sadly. I could tell he was very upset about not being in slytherin with us. He gave me a hug.

"Can you believe I got into stupid Hufflepuff?" He said.

"Don't worry about it, kid. You can hang out with us whenever," Draco tried to make him feel better but he wasn't very good at it.

"The slytherin password this year is 'mudblood' whenever you want to see us, just come on in, okay? You can even wear Draco's scarf so you fit in," I suggested.

"I don't deserve this," He said and handed me the green and silver scarf.

"Yes you do," I said.

"You have it. You don't have a slytherin scarf anyways."

I accepted it knowing he was too stubborn to take it back.

"Have you made any friends?" Draco asked him.

"A couple. They're nice," He said.

"Well Hufflepuffs make good friends, okay? You'll be fine," I thought about telling him about how I was supposed to be a Hufflepuff to make him feel better but I figured it would only make him feel worse that he couldn't get out of it like I did.

"It's almost curfew. I'm going to go. Goodnight sissy. Night Draco," He said and left to go to his common room.

"Poor guy," I said watching him.

"He'll be alright," Draco said and went inside to go hang out with his friends. I went back to my bed and went to sleep.

A/N: What do you think so far???