Epilogue

Evanora

"Mum hurry! We are going to be late!" My 11 year old son, Scorpius, pulled me closer to the train.

"I'm going as quickly as I can!" I said almost tripping on my way there.

Eleven years ago, the love of my life passed away right next to me. He saved my life and neither of us knew he was actually saving two lives. He didn't even know he was having a son before he died. That's what pained me the most. He didn't know he was going to have the most amazing son a mother could have.
I guess Edgar the cat really did know something that night when he kept poking at my stomach...

"Mum! Come on!" He said and we ran through the wall onto Platform 9 3/4.
He looked around, amazed.

"Goodbye, Mum!" He said and began to walk off but I pulled him back.

"You be good, okay? Be nice and always do the right thing. Don't be friends with bullies and please nice to everyone you meet. Okay?" I said and he nodded. "Enjoy your first year, sweetie. Stay safe," I kissed his forehead and he ran off to meet up with some girl he met in Diagon Alley last week.

When I saw them together it immediately reminded me of Draco and Me.

Scorpius looks exactly like Draco and that girl somewhat looked like me. Draco had the same light blonde hair and silver eyes. They had the same nose shape and the exact same smile. It was crazy how similar they looked. They even had the same devilish smirk.

I felt tears coming to my eyes and I quickly wiped them as they fell. I miss him so much.

I wish he was here to see our son off.

I scanned my surroundings to see if I'd see anyone I'd recognize. For a moment, I thought I saw him but quickly looked back and just saw another light blonde haired boy.

I took a deep breath and turned to leave.

"I love you, Darling," I heard someone whisper in my ear and I quickly spun around on my heels. It sounded like him. I'm definitely imagining things. I wanted to hear him, so I did.

I sighed and felt something tug at my leg. I looked down to see a familiar cat.

"Edgar?" I crouched down next to him and the cat nodded.

I haven't seen this cat since the day Scorpius was born.

"How the hell?" I whispered to myself.

I left the cat there and went home.
I've been staying in a muggle home just like Draco and I planned to, once everything was over. Except, only I got to live our dream of a simple muggle life. The only exception to this muggle life is that I let my food cook itself and the house clean itself... I guess you could say I'm a bit lazy.

And of course, when Scorpius' letter arrived, I allowed him to go. I would never rip away his roots of being a wizard. I just hope his seven years there won't be as terrible and dangerous as mine.

I arrived at my empty home. Now with Scorpius at school, it will just be me.

And I guess Edgar.

He followed me home. He entered my house through one of the windows that I had forgotten to close and sat on top of a shelf next to a picture of Draco. He saw my tears still falling from when I left the station and looked at the photo then back at me.

Smart cat.