15-A Letter

Two Months Later....

Evanora's POV

It's been two months since I've started dating Ron. It's been two months since me and Draco stopped being friends.

I've been doing pretty okay. My dark mark hasn't been hurting for a long time and my grades are doing well. I no longer sit with Draco in any of my classes and I pretend he's not there. The night he told me he didn't want to be friends anymore really hurt. I know we drifted but I never thought we'd split completely. I guess that's what happens when you're friends with someone who's bipolar and selfish. I guess things happen for a reason.

I've been sitting at the Gryffindor table for each meal and everyday I feel myself getting closer with them. Neville and Hermione are amazing friends and Harry and Ginny are fun to hang out with. I'm so much happier with them. I wish I was sorted into Gryffindor so I could have been with them since my first year.

Also, I'm so happy with Ron. He listens to me and he's so sweet and caring. We even plan to spend the Holiday together at his home. I can't wait.

It's been a pretty good two months and things seem to be looking up.

Draco's POV
Two months. Two months since I've pushed her out of my life for good. I hated myself for it. I barely sleep and I'm doing terribly in my classes.

Of course, my friends don't suspect a thing. I'm very skilled at hiding my emotions. It's a blessing and a curse. It's so hard for me to hide but it's for the best. My father always taught me to never show any weaknesses and till this day, I never have.

Everyday I questioned myself more and more. Does she think about me? Does she want to talk to me again? Does she even miss me?
I doubt it.

I pushed her out when she was the only person I had. Of course, there is Crabbe and Goyle but it's not the same. I needed her.

Everyday I'd drag myself out of bed. I barely ever fixed my appearance because what's the point?

I often got myself into detention because I wanted to get to the common room late so I wouldn't see Weasley walking Evanora back or them sneaking off.

It hurt to see him with her but I was glad she was happy. Who knows when Voldemort is gonna take us. I wanted her to have fun and be happy with the little time she has left.

I'm willing to lose her and be dreadful for the last few months or years we have of freedom, as long as she's happy. I'd do anything for her.

After today's classes, I dragged myself to the slytherin common room and went straight to bed. I layed down and stared at the ceiling to think.

"Malfoy," Someone said and I picked up my head and looked at Goyale who was standing at the foot of my bed. "There was a letter for you at the Owlery."
"And you didn't grab it for me? Thanks for the help," I said with a sarcastic tone. He left to go to his bed and I headed to the owlery.
As I exited the portrait door, I saw Weasly and Evanora running off while holding hands and giggling. Not what I needed right now.

I went straight for the owlery. When I got inside, I scanned the room. When I laid my eyes on my family's owl, I went up to her and pulled off the letter.

It was from my mother.

Draco,

I'm so sorry for the terribly late response. We've been having some trouble with you-know-who. I know you wrote that letter to your father but I cannot let him see it. I don't think we can trust him anymore, Draco. There are so many things going on and I can barely take it.