Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Star: The Sun Interview Part 1.

The hardnosed reporter eyed the girl in front of him with a wiry smile. This was a huge scoop that could lead to that long-awaited promotion providing that he did a good job.

He took a seat opposite her and gave a warm smile. Star beamed and sat up straighter feeling very important. As far as she was concerned this was her big chance and she didn't want to blow it.

The reporter leaned forward extending his hand, "Call me Bill."

She shook it rather limply and he wondered if this was a sign that it was going to be a waste of time. "Thank you for giving me the chance to tell my side," she twittered nervously.

Bill crossed a leg in a bid to adopt a more informal stance, "Is Star your real name?"

She nodded eagerly, he didn't believe her. "Look I want you to take us right back...tell me how you came to find yourself in the same household as the Rosebud killer? Were you Pen-friends' when he was in prison?"

Star shook her head outraged and her face flushed, "Certainly not! What type of girl do you think I am?"

Bill sniggered taking a wild guess. Star picked up a glass of water in a bid to stop her hand trembling. She sipped loudly then put the glass down. "If you must know I was on very friendly terms with his daughter...if you get my drift."

Bill leaned forward thinking that this was going to be a lot more interesting than he had envisaged. He cleared his throat, "So would it be fair to say that you were in a romantic relationship..."

Star giggled coyly lowering her eyes, "Well I wasn't going to talk about this but you seem to be very good at reading me."

He laughed animatedly, "So that's a yes then?"

"It is indeed, we were very much in love and planned to run away together...that was before I knew about her father."

"And that changed things did it?"

She nodded, "Yes hugely. She hesitated, "You do understand that we were two lost souls who found each other on the streets of London...we both had nothing so drew together for comfort."

Bill raised an eyebrow as she carried on, "We were both beaten and forced into prostitution at an early age..." She looked at him sadly, "We suffered horrific abuse."

"Must have been awful..." said Bill before becoming eager to move things on a bit, "So what were you doing when Dad turned up on the doorstep?"

Star put her hands over her face as if not wanting to relive the ordeal. She looked straight ahead lost in the drama, "We were in bed you know...We'd been at it for hours when the doorbell rang."