Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Kizzy.

I grab one of the ushers showing people out. "Have you seen a tall slim blonde girl? You know the Dolly type...pretty if you like that sort of thing."

He smirks, "Oh you must mean Maisy..."

"Well...I...um."

He points towards the bar and I hurry forward. A barman smiles in that flirty 'come on' way. I'm immune now, no chance mate!

"I'm looking for Maisy?"

He continues wiping up and gestures towards the kitchen. "Think she's in there, hang on."

What? I've no intention of doing that I want to know what's going on! I push past him,

"Hey you can't go in there..."

Just watch me.

Inside there is a bustle of activity but my sixth sense is drawn to the groaning noise past the mega fridge, stopping by the king size pantry. I hesitate only for a second then pull the door open and there she is Miss Maisy Moo aka Susan Greenford with her lips around a very handsome chef's neither regions...notice I don't say dick anymore I'm way too posh for that.

"Susan...what the fuck?"

She pushes her man away and stands up quickly wiping her mouth. The chef slaps her cheekily on the arse and skips off looking very happy indeed.

She lunges at both of my hands clinging on as if her life depends on it. "Please don't tell Richard..."

"What you do is your business but if I was you I'd get back to the car pronto."

Smoothing her hair down and adjusting her skirt she heads for the door. We walk fast back to the foyer which is still thankfully packed. Before we exit the building she stops sensing I need more of an explanation. "It's so hard being married to Rich...I have to take my comfort and pleasure where ever I can get it...surely you understand being married to such an old guy?"

I stare hard at her, "So you're like a kid dipping her hand in the candy jar kind of thing..."

She nods, "Exactly. No harm done."

"Providing he doesn't find out," I say whistling and walking away. I have just gained a power card and I intend to guard it well.

The driver shoves us inside the car impatiently as if he is late for a hot date. Peter is fast asleep no surprise there but Richard is not. "Where the fuck have you been?"

She snuggles up to him, "Sorry Baby I've had an awful tummy ache."

I hold back my laughter trying not to think of her mouth stuffed with the crown jewels of an Adonis.

Richard's eyes narrow, he clearly doesn't trust her. For some reason he reminds me of my Dad...you know suspicious with a deadly intent. But he accepts her excuse for the time being and my lips are sealed.

The journey home is silent apart from Peter's musical snores. I nudge him meanly I'm lost in my memories of the Ballet. I want to imprint every scene, capture it, and lock the beauty away. It also fills me with heartache knowing that I never even tried to achieve my dreams. My mind is as light as a feather but my heart is heavy...what have I achieved? I have survived my Dad, I have killed... I have married...so fucking what! I'm sinking now so Peter had better not be coming to life when I get home! How many times do I have to remind him that a bed is for sleeping!

Susan wow! I wasn't expecting that. I don't blame her at all but a Chef... really?

I love having stuff on people, it's my comfort blanket. I notice the driver eyeballing me in the mirror so I look away haughtily.

We all say goodnight and I lean in to whisper to Susan, "Let's talk sometime."

"Sure Sweetie."

I help Peter upstairs and into bed. He keeps making pathetic kissing noises which I swerve out of the way to avoid. "I'll be up in a second Darling." I head for the door and look back. He's out for the count whew.

Downstairs I make myself a hot chocolate and once again pull out my journal. I turn to the first page and reach for my Mont-Blanc Meisterstuck fountain pen, Okay...here goes.