Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Kizzy

'He handed the bag straight back to me and said "Would you do me the honor of having dinner with me tonight?"

Talk about Mills and Boon! Who even talked like that?

So I did what I said I would never do...I took a leap of faith. That night he took me to 'Mon Plaisir' (the French place on Monmouth Street.) It was just around the corner from my shop near the 7 Dials so not too far to walk haha.

I had nothing suitable to wear so I just did me and wore jeans with a flouncy lace black top...he didn't complain, his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree!

We were seated in a dark little corner which was no doubt for lovers to be. I ordered some creamy chicken dish and he had some yuck looking raw steak thing. As he chewed I had to snap myself out of a trance watching the small trails of blood that had gathered at the corner of his mouth. It sickened and fascinated me at the same time causing a rapid heart-beat. I washed the feeling away with a huge swig of red wine.

For an old guy, he was surprisingly interesting. He had a huge knowledge of History which believe it or not I love. He was hilarious referring to himself as King Henry V111 throughout the meal, yet a snooty tyrant underneath. He was a man who always got what he wanted and he wanted me.'

I close the journal, that's way more than I planned to write the rest can wait. I make my way up to bed praying that he doesn't wake up.

I struggle to sleep and just can't shake the feeling that I don't belong anywhere. Peter loves me, that I'm sure of but I'm just not connected to him...no matter how hard I try I just can't care...will it always be like this?

That night I dream of Soho, glittering, intoxicating calling me back while I peer out of a burning box...