⛓Chapter 51: E

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"When did you got this?" Jungkook decided to show Lisa the note he found. He knows to himself that he got scared for a second and he had to let the others know.

"Yesterday. It's from the killer, isn't it?" Lisa sighed and looked at him with worry. "I have no idea who this person is taking next but I'm sure of one thing. One of us would be taken any time soon."

"Am I the only one who thinks we should just stop?" Jungkook furrowed his brows. He wasn't expecting her to say something like that, now that Chaeyoung, who is special to her is still missing.

"Lis, don't you care about our friends anymore? We don't know what happened to them. The killer is scaring us and that's enough reason for us to keep going. This person knows he or she is about to get busted because we're making progress. We've came this far, now you think we should stop?"

"If that's the only way for the killer to stop taking the rest of us then, yes!"

Jungkook scoffed at her response. "You're just being selfish, Lis." He seriously said with an expression of disbelief. He took the note from her and went upstairs.

"I was only stating an opinion! Why are you upset?" But he ignored her and went inside his room. She heard him lock the door and that's when she realized he didn't want to hear her out at the moment.

"Is she being serious? She's practically abandoning them." Jungkook sat on his bed with still the note on his hand. "Wait a second.." He stopped and tried to remember something.. Something back when they were still in highschool.

"Oh. It's you." Lisa said after noticing a familiar face beside her. "Are you stalking me? It's been a week since you accused me of stealing the answer keys yet here you are."

"I'm not." Jungkook said with a smile. "It's a mere coincidence. Don't overreact."

Both of them are sitting side by side at the bus station. Lisa started feeling awkward and thought she need to say something, but what? "Don't you have friends? I noticed you're always alone."

Jungkook suddenly chuckled. "Funny how you labeled me as the stalker when you just admitted you were observing my social life."

"I wasn't. It just happened that I keep noticing you going to your classrooms alone. Don't think of stupid things. Why the hell would I stalk you?" She crossed her arms and looked away. "So.. Where are your friends?"

"They go to a different school but we're still in touch. There's three of them and I can tell you their names if you want to know more about my PERSONAL life." He said, emphasizing 'Personal' to tease her about the 'stalker' thing.

"No, thank you. I was only curious. You don't seem so bad so I think it's impossible for you to have no friends. Good to know." Lisa cleared her throat and scooted a bit away from him.

Silence won over them once again. It's not like they know each other really well for them to talk continuously with a good and relatable topic.. Eventhough they want to have that type of conversation.

Lisa might be a little too slow to make a move but Jungkook was a little too determined to do so. "Want to be my friend?" He straightforwardly asked.

Lisa slowly turned around, wide-eyed. "What?"

"I want to befriend you." He seriously said.

'Did he have to be that..that honest?' Lisa thought and stuttered even in her mind. "Well.. I'm very picky when it comes to my friends. My friendships don't just start with a 'Want to be my friend?' or a line similar to that. I value relationships so much, for your information and I have no time to waste my time and effort on people who would want to leave me in the end. It's unfair to me too so if you think you're not loyal enough then think about befriending me again." She said without a single pause.

Jungkook let out a small laugh. "Okay. Let's do that." Lisa's big eyes grew even bigger when he agreed.

"Seriously? I'm not kidding with you right now. I'm serious about this. I don't just let people in in my life." Jungkook nodded and smiled at her. "For real?"

"I value relationships too so your conditions are no different than mine." He said with sincerety in his voice. "So are we friends?"

"S-sure. If you think we are." Lisa's bus arrived and she immediately went in in a blink. For some reason, she didn't know how to face him properly since that day but Jungkook thought it was a fresh start.

After a couple of weeks, the two got along and their awkwardness keeps fading day by day with the help of their sincere actions towards each other. That's when they realized, they were starting to figure each other out.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked after seeing her upset on the bleachers. "Did some kids pick on you again?"

"What's new about it? There are just times when I just want to break out and beat the shit out of those people. I'm not a weak target as they think and I'll show it to them." She took her bag and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked, looking at her.

"Group practice." She simply answered and left the court with heavy steps.

It left Jungkook sighing. Lisa had always ranted about being treated like nothing by the other kids just because she's an orphan. Considering her personality and attitude, he knew she wanted to upgrade herself so those people won't look down on her anymore.

Getting used to her new life was indeed a hard task when those around her remind her of her original place. Lisa wanted it to stop so she decided to do something for herself to stop them from picking on her.

"What group practice was she talking about back then?" Jungkook thought after reminiscing their past. He suddenly got anxious and thought of several possibilities. "It can't be her.. Right?" He gave up having deep thoughts and stood up from his bed to leave the house.

He felt a need to find something out. His curiosity and blury thoughts brought him to their high school school. There are some things he need to confirm.

--
I was done organizing the story yesterday and the ending is pretty much fixed. I really hope this ends well!!🙏 ..and I wish you'll be fine with it😊

I hope you spent your day happily with all your love ones yesterday💖And sorry for not updating. I hope you guys understand..